Old 14-01-2011, 11:50 AM
Member

Location: London
Default Favourite Chain Restaurants

Simple question: 'What's your favourite chain restaurant?' It can be anywhere in the world so long as it's a franchise. Fast food franchises don't count though.

In the UK I think I'd say Belgo, they've got an unusual menu and an amazing selection of beers & ales from around the world.

What's yours?
__________________
Find your nearest Prezzo restaurant and book a table for free! Check for the latest Prezzo offers & specials available.

Old 14-01-2011, 03:45 PM posted to rec.food.restaurants

On 1/14/2011 6:50 AM, Kingsley wrote:
Simple question: 'What's your favourite chain restaurant?' It can be
anywhere in the world so long as it's a franchise. Fast food franchises
don't count though.

In the UK I think I'd say Belgo, they've got an unusual menu and an
amazing selection of beers& ales from around the world.

What's yours?

2 favorites (in the US): Cracker Barrel and Subway
2 favorites (in the UK): Pret a Manger, and Wagamamma
Old 18-01-2011, 09:10 PM posted to rec.food.restaurants
Gz Gz is offline

--
Kingsley

I hate chains !!!!!!!!! Some are good but chains are just chains.
I really like a family owned restaurant.

But, I like my brothers Hard Times Cafe & Cue

Shakey's Pizza ??

I probably have eaten more McDonalds than anything.
I used to like McDonalds when they were FAST, back in the 70's.
They are SLOWWWWWW NOWWWWWWWW

greg

Old 21-01-2011, 10:05 AM
Member

Location: London

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gz View Post
On Jan 14, 6:50*am, Kingsley
wrote:
Simple question: 'What's your favourite chain restaurant?' It can be
anywhere in the world so long as it's a franchise. Fast food franchises
don't count though.

In the UK I think I'd say Belgo, they've got an unusual menu and an
amazing selection of beers & ales from around the world.

What's yours?

--
Kingsley

I hate chains !!!!!!!!! Some are good but chains are just chains.
I really like a family owned restaurant.

But, I like my brothers Hard Times Cafe & Cue

Shakey's Pizza ??

I probably have eaten more McDonalds than anything.
I used to like McDonalds when they were FAST, back in the 70's.
They are SLOWWWWWW NOWWWWWWWW

greg
Chains are just chains and I would rather go to a family owned venue but that's not always possible. I've always wanted to try Shakeys, just to be able to say I've eaten there.

Olive Garden isn't bad either, their endless bowl of salad and bread sticks is certainly the higlight.

I don't mind Wagamamma but I prefer Miso, just because whenever I go to a Miso the place is always empty & quiet. Wagamamma is usually bustling and noisy...
__________________
Find your nearest Prezzo restaurant and book a table for free! Check for the latest Prezzo offers & specials available.
Old 23-01-2011, 06:52 AM
Member

Location: Houston, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsley View Post
Simple question: 'What's your favourite chain restaurant?' It can be anywhere in the world so long as it's a franchise. Fast food franchises don't count though.

In the UK I think I'd say Belgo, they've got an unusual menu and an amazing selection of beers & ales from around the world.

What's yours?
Mine right now would be RA Sushi, and Johnny Carino's

Old 04-02-2011, 04:42 AM
Member

my favorite is shakeys. i just love eating there.
Old 18-02-2011, 02:21 PM
Member

Location: London

Quote:
Originally Posted by april rein View Post
my favorite is shakeys. i just love eating there.
Any chance there are Shakeys outside of the US (it is a US based franchise right?), all this talk of Shakeys is making me hungry...
__________________
Find your nearest Prezzo restaurant and book a table for free! Check for the latest Prezzo offers & specials available.
Old 24-02-2011, 12:22 PM
Member

Location: London

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsley View Post
Simple question: 'What's your favourite chain restaurant?' It can be anywhere in the world so long as it's a franchise. Fast food franchises don't count though.

In the UK I think I'd say Belgo, they've got an unusual menu and an amazing selection of beers & ales from around the world.

What's yours?
Went to a TGI Friday's last night, I was pretty impressed. The food wasn't amazing but it was solid and the service was top class. I know it's the UK version of the chain, are the equivalents in the US (or elsewhere) any good?
__________________
Find your nearest Prezzo restaurant and book a table for free! Check for the latest Prezzo offers & specials available.
Old 24-02-2011, 05:06 PM posted to rec.food.restaurants

On 2/24/2011 7:22 AM, Kingsley wrote:
Kingsley;1571346 Wrote:
Simple question: 'What's your favourite chain restaurant?' It can be
anywhere in the world so long as it's a franchise. Fast food franchises
don't count though.

In the UK I think I'd say Belgo, they've got an unusual menu and an
amazing selection of beers& ales from around the world.

What's yours?

Went to a TGI Friday's last night, I was pretty impressed. The food
wasn't amazing but it was solid and the service was top class. I know
it's the UK version of the chain, are the equivalents in the US (or
elsewhere) any good?

Any good for what? Many of their menu items are extremely high in fat
and carb relative to their protein content. They may appeal to your
palate (no accounting for individual tastes) but are not likely to be
good for your metabolism.
Old 25-02-2011, 02:45 PM posted to rec.food.restaurants

On 2/24/11 4:22 AM, Kingsley wrote:
Kingsley;1571346 Wrote:
Simple question: 'What's your favourite chain restaurant?' It can be
anywhere in the world so long as it's a franchise. Fast food franchises
don't count though.

In the UK I think I'd say Belgo, they've got an unusual menu and an
amazing selection of beers & ales from around the world.

What's yours?

Went to a TGI Friday's last night, I was pretty impressed. The food
wasn't amazing but it was solid and the service was top class. I know
it's the UK version of the chain, are the equivalents in the US (or
elsewhere) any good?

I'm so impressed with their US version I won't set foot in it. Of course
here they have to disclose menu information. Some items have two days
worth of bad stuff in them.

Old 09-03-2011, 04:21 PM
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsley View Post
Went to a TGI Friday's last night, I was pretty impressed. The food wasn't amazing but it was solid and the service was top class. I know it's the UK version of the chain, are the equivalents in the US (or elsewhere) any good?
When I lived in the States we used to go to TGIF but the ones in the UK are nasty
__________________
Bathroom Design Advice
Old 11-03-2011, 11:09 AM
Member

Location: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsley View Post
Simple question: 'What's your favourite chain restaurant?' It can be anywhere in the world so long as it's a franchise. Fast food franchises don't count though.

In the UK I think I'd say Belgo, they've got an unusual menu and an amazing selection of beers & ales from around the world.

What's yours?
I know about the food chain called subway, This is just awesome. I love the menu they offer. A lot of variety we find there. That's simply worth counting.
Old 25-03-2011, 11:22 AM
Member

my favorite restaurant is Chinese restaurant
there foods are best and also so beautiful atmosphere
__________________
euifax
lendintree
Old 15-05-2011, 03:32 PM
Member

I like Lasania restaurant
it is best restaurant
Hobbies
Old 29-06-2011, 04:32 PM
Member

I love Genghis Grill.. My fav is Dallas location.. they rocks...
Hotels Cyprus