Member

Location: London
Default Favourite Chain Restaurants

Simple question: 'What's your favourite chain restaurant?' It can be anywhere in the world so long as it's a franchise. Fast food franchises don't count though.

In the UK I think I'd say Belgo, they've got an unusual menu and an amazing selection of beers & ales from around the world.

What's yours?
__________________
Find your nearest Prezzo restaurant and book a table for free! Check for the latest Prezzo offers & specials available.
Posted to rec.food.restaurants

On 1/14/2011 6:50 AM, Kingsley wrote:
> Simple question: 'What's your favourite chain restaurant?' It can be
> anywhere in the world so long as it's a franchise. Fast food franchises
> don't count though.
>
> In the UK I think I'd say Belgo, they've got an unusual menu and an
> amazing selection of beers& ales from around the world.
>
> What's yours?

2 favorites (in the US): Cracker Barrel and Subway
2 favorites (in the UK): Pret a Manger, and Wagamamma
Posted to rec.food.restaurants
Gz Gz is offline

On Jan 14, 6:50*am, Kingsley >
wrote:
> Simple question: 'What's your favourite chain restaurant?' It can be
> anywhere in the world so long as it's a franchise. Fast food franchises
> don't count though.
>
> In the UK I think I'd say Belgo, they've got an unusual menu and an
> amazing selection of beers & ales from around the world.
>
> What's yours?
>
> --
> Kingsley

I hate chains !!!!!!!!! Some are good but chains are just chains.
I really like a family owned restaurant.

But, I like my brothers Hard Times Cafe & Cue

Shakey's Pizza ??

I probably have eaten more McDonalds than anything.
I used to like McDonalds when they were FAST, back in the 70's.
They are SLOWWWWWW NOWWWWWWWW

greg

Member

Location: London

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gz View Post
On Jan 14, 6:50*am, Kingsley
wrote:
Simple question: 'What's your favourite chain restaurant?' It can be
anywhere in the world so long as it's a franchise. Fast food franchises
don't count though.

In the UK I think I'd say Belgo, they've got an unusual menu and an
amazing selection of beers & ales from around the world.

What's yours?

--
Kingsley

I hate chains !!!!!!!!! Some are good but chains are just chains.
I really like a family owned restaurant.

But, I like my brothers Hard Times Cafe & Cue

Shakey's Pizza ??

I probably have eaten more McDonalds than anything.
I used to like McDonalds when they were FAST, back in the 70's.
They are SLOWWWWWW NOWWWWWWWW

greg
Chains are just chains and I would rather go to a family owned venue but that's not always possible. I've always wanted to try Shakeys, just to be able to say I've eaten there.

Olive Garden isn't bad either, their endless bowl of salad and bread sticks is certainly the higlight.

I don't mind Wagamamma but I prefer Miso, just because whenever I go to a Miso the place is always empty & quiet. Wagamamma is usually bustling and noisy...
__________________
Find your nearest Prezzo restaurant and book a table for free! Check for the latest Prezzo offers & specials available.
Member

Location: Houston, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsley View Post
Simple question: 'What's your favourite chain restaurant?' It can be anywhere in the world so long as it's a franchise. Fast food franchises don't count though.

In the UK I think I'd say Belgo, they've got an unusual menu and an amazing selection of beers & ales from around the world.

What's yours?
Mine right now would be RA Sushi, and Johnny Carino's

Member

my favorite is shakeys. i just love eating there.
Member

Location: London

Quote:
Originally Posted by april rein View Post
my favorite is shakeys. i just love eating there.
Any chance there are Shakeys outside of the US (it is a US based franchise right?), all this talk of Shakeys is making me hungry...
__________________
Find your nearest Prezzo restaurant and book a table for free! Check for the latest Prezzo offers & specials available.
Member

Location: London

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsley View Post
Simple question: 'What's your favourite chain restaurant?' It can be anywhere in the world so long as it's a franchise. Fast food franchises don't count though.

In the UK I think I'd say Belgo, they've got an unusual menu and an amazing selection of beers & ales from around the world.

What's yours?
Went to a TGI Friday's last night, I was pretty impressed. The food wasn't amazing but it was solid and the service was top class. I know it's the UK version of the chain, are the equivalents in the US (or elsewhere) any good?
__________________
Find your nearest Prezzo restaurant and book a table for free! Check for the latest Prezzo offers & specials available.
Posted to rec.food.restaurants

On 2/24/2011 7:22 AM, Kingsley wrote:
> Kingsley;1571346 Wrote:
>> Simple question: 'What's your favourite chain restaurant?' It can be
>> anywhere in the world so long as it's a franchise. Fast food franchises
>> don't count though.
>>
>> In the UK I think I'd say Belgo, they've got an unusual menu and an
>> amazing selection of beers& ales from around the world.
>>
>> What's yours?

> Went to a TGI Friday's last night, I was pretty impressed. The food
> wasn't amazing but it was solid and the service was top class. I know
> it's the UK version of the chain, are the equivalents in the US (or
> elsewhere) any good?

Any good for what? Many of their menu items are extremely high in fat
and carb relative to their protein content. They may appeal to your
palate (no accounting for individual tastes) but are not likely to be
good for your metabolism.
Posted to rec.food.restaurants

On 2/24/11 4:22 AM, Kingsley wrote:
> Kingsley;1571346 Wrote:
>> Simple question: 'What's your favourite chain restaurant?' It can be
>> anywhere in the world so long as it's a franchise. Fast food franchises
>> don't count though.
>>
>> In the UK I think I'd say Belgo, they've got an unusual menu and an
>> amazing selection of beers & ales from around the world.
>>
>> What's yours?

> Went to a TGI Friday's last night, I was pretty impressed. The food
> wasn't amazing but it was solid and the service was top class. I know
> it's the UK version of the chain, are the equivalents in the US (or
> elsewhere) any good?

I'm so impressed with their US version I won't set foot in it. Of course
here they have to disclose menu information. Some items have two days
worth of bad stuff in them.

Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsley View Post
Went to a TGI Friday's last night, I was pretty impressed. The food wasn't amazing but it was solid and the service was top class. I know it's the UK version of the chain, are the equivalents in the US (or elsewhere) any good?
When I lived in the States we used to go to TGIF but the ones in the UK are nasty
__________________
Bathroom Design Advice
Member

Location: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsley View Post
Simple question: 'What's your favourite chain restaurant?' It can be anywhere in the world so long as it's a franchise. Fast food franchises don't count though.

In the UK I think I'd say Belgo, they've got an unusual menu and an amazing selection of beers & ales from around the world.

What's yours?
I know about the food chain called subway, This is just awesome. I love the menu they offer. A lot of variety we find there. That's simply worth counting.
Member

my favorite restaurant is Chinese restaurant
there foods are best and also so beautiful atmosphere
__________________
euifax
lendintree
Member

I like Lasania restaurant
it is best restaurant
__________________
Hobbies
Member

I love Genghis Grill.. My fav is Dallas location.. they rocks...
__________________
Hotels Cyprus

Member

Location: izmir
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotelscyprus View Post
I love Genghis Grill.. My fav is Dallas location.. they rocks...
Istanbul Galata Bridge arbitrary fish restaurant.
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsley View Post
Simple question: 'What's your favourite chain restaurant?' It can be anywhere in the world so long as it's a franchise. Fast food franchises don't count though.

In the UK I think I'd say Belgo, they've got an unusual menu and an amazing selection of beers & ales from around the world.

What's yours?
my favorite chain restaurant is hardees
Member

Its not easy to say but i think that i like the Sub way due to their sandwiches and salad.Both are really made with real true efforts.
Banned

wrote:
Simple question: 'What's your favourite chain restaurant?' It can be
anywhere in the world so long as it's a franchise. Fast food franchises
don't count though.

In the UK I think I'd say Belgo, they've got an unusual menu and an
amazing selection of beers & ales from around the world.

What's yours?

--
Kingsley

I hate chains !!!!!!!!! Some are good but chains are just chains.
I really like a family owned restaurant.

But, I like my brothers Hard Times Cafe & Cue

Shakey's Pizza ??

I probably have eaten more McDonalds than anything.
I used to like McDonalds when they were FAST, back in the 70's.
They are SLOWWWWWW NOWWWWWWWW

greg
Ohmygosh, I cannot agree more. McDonalds is super slow now! What is up with that? The other day, they had to make me wait on my table instead of serving it right after paying. I had to wait for 15 just for a simple cheeseburger meal. But hey, McDonalds is still McDonalds. Yummy.
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klusner View Post
Its not easy to say but i think that i like the Sub way due to their sandwiches and salad.Both are really made with real true efforts.
I like Subway too. Also California Pizza Kitchen.

Member

Mc Donald is great restaurant chain in the world. Mc Donald have many branches in the world, people like to eat food from Mc Donald and now they are gives 20% off on each items of food and serve free food for the poor children.
Banned

Still McDonalds... and I'll always pick McDonalds. Eventhough they got really slow service now, they still have all the food I need to make my day.
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsley View Post
Simple question: 'What's your favourite chain restaurant?' It can be anywhere in the world so long as it's a franchise. Fast food franchises don't count though.

In the UK I think I'd say Belgo, they've got an unusual menu and an amazing selection of beers & ales from around the world.

What's yours?
I prefer the Olive Garden, There is A local Pizza place I enjoy not sure if its a franchise its POPS Pizza and I Love there Greek Style Pizza

_____________________
Eat For Less! Just Enter Your Email Address and Get Up to 90% Off Restaurants in Your City!

Last edited by sslone1021 : 24-09-2011 at 12:14 AM
Member

The Chinese soups are also very famous in the world and especially the Hot'n'sour is one of mine favorite. they are also very much experts in the noddles with a spicy touch.
Member

[quote=Kingsley;1571346]Simple question: 'What's your favourite chain restaurant?' It can be anywhere in the world so long as it's a franchise. Fast food franchises don't count though.

I'd say my favorite, and my wife's favorite, is an Asian Food restaurant called Rickshaw. We got there just about once a week, and the people there know what we always order. The waiter usually asks us what we'll have, then he tells us what he already knows we'll order. They have some amazing Sesame Chicken!

Member

Favourite - mcdonalds only for the chicken burger with mango sauce SO GOOD. least favourite - Starbucks because the food sucks, Id also like to complain about how it all looks the same everywhere, has no character blah blah blah, but thats exactly like Mcdonalds as well....
Member

Hi friends I enjoy with my friends at pacific beach in san diego which is a nice place and we get there all affordable environment and different type of delicious dishes.