Posted to rec.food.restaurants,alt.food.fast-food

Default The Stench of Subway

On 12/7/10 8:39 AM, SpaghettiWestern wrote:
> I admire your restraint. Last week I was at Subway and had a foot
> long cold cut combo. I asked for very little mustard. She gave me a
> whole gob of the stuff at the one end, and very little for the rest of
> the sandwich. Which is what I wanted for the Whole Sandwich!. Then
> instead of cutting it in half, she cut it into a 1/3 and 2/3
> partition. All I ask is that I get a sub cut in half. It doesn't
> have to be within 1/64 of an inch, but it should be recognizable as
> being pretty much cut in the middle. This does not take much skill.
> It takes care in doing your work properly.

Did they cut the U in the bread correctly. That is the only thing which
corporate has a Q&A test for!
Posted to rec.food.restaurants,alt.food.fast-food

On Dec 1, 4:30*am, Sqwertz > wrote:
> Does anybody else cringe when they walk or drive by a Subway
> sandwich shop?
>
> The bread does NOT smell appetizing at all. *It doesn't even smell
> like real bread. *And I don't know what else they got going on in
> there during various hot sandwich promotions but it doesn't mix
> well with whatever else they got going on in there.
>
> I haven't eaten at Subway since Channingway Court in Columbus, Ohio
> in 1997 and the stench coming from these places guarantees I won't
> be eating there anytime again soon. *
>
> -sw

What I find objectionable about Subway is the quality of their cold
cuts. I eat there once in a while, but that's only when I've not got
much of an alternative. I always get the $5 cold cut combo. I had
roast beef once, and there was hardly any roast beef on the sub. At
least the cold cut combo has some cold cuts on it. If I want a decent
sub, I purchase German cold cuts at the market along with Italian
rolls. Now that's jumpin.
Member

Aside from a horrible experience I had (In Ohio, strangely enough --
Portsmouth) I've found most Subways to be pretty clean and
appetizing. Sure, the bread isn't all that but the meats and veggies
are OK. What do you want for a $5 foot long anyway? The Ohio subway
was truly execrable -- flies buzzing around, the veggies a mish mash,
water on the floor. the owner wasn't around but the sign indicated an
Indian name. I figured, why do the guy a favor by pointing all of
this out? If he's so uninvolved that he can't monitor his own biz, he
can lose his money.
Posted to rec.food.restaurants

On 1/2/2011 4:14 AM, Eartha wrote:
> Aside from a horrible experience I had (In Ohio, strangely enough --
> Portsmouth) I've found most Subways to be pretty clean and
> appetizing. Sure, the bread isn't all that but the meats and veggies
> are OK. What do you want for a $5 foot long anyway? The Ohio subway
> was truly execrable -- flies buzzing around, the veggies a mish mash,
> water on the floor. the owner wasn't around but the sign indicated an
> Indian name. I figured, why do the guy a favor by pointing all of
> this out? If he's so uninvolved that he can't monitor his own biz, he
> can lose his money.

If I had that experience at a Subway, I'll file a complaint with
headquarters. I suspect that they are very careful about who they
franchise and don't want that kind of store damaging their reputation.
I'll bet that they would send an inspector very soon to check that store.