Old 04-12-2010, 02:04 AM posted to rec.food.restaurants,alt.food.fast-food

Default The Stench of Subway

Jerry Sauk wrote:
wrote in message

Does anybody else cringe when they walk or drive by a Subway
sandwich shop?

The bread does NOT smell appetizing at all. It doesn't even smell
like real bread. And I don't know what else they got going on in
there during various hot sandwich promotions but it doesn't mix
well with whatever else they got going on in there.

I haven't eaten at Subway since Channingway Court in Columbus, Ohio
in 1997 and the stench coming from these places guarantees I won't
be eating there anytime again soon.

-sw

Steve, you already griped about this before. If your going to troll, at
least come up with something new.

Or, get back to work.

Pay attention. That is Sam. I haven't seen a post from Steve in ages.

Old 04-12-2010, 02:08 AM posted to rec.food.restaurants,alt.food.fast-food

Retirednoguilt wrote:

Fast Food is dead. Lone live local, slow food.

-sw

Sure; but when you are on the road , in an unfamiliar area, on a
schedule and hungry, and without reputable recommendations, how much
time do you want to spend researching local, single proprietor
restaurants to find a place that serves wholesome local food that
matches your palate, with prompt service and at an economical price?
For me, that scenario is the only time I patronize (a few) chain
restaurants. They do have a place, but for me, it is a limited one.

As far as fish is concerned, I've occasionally been served old,
possibly spoiling fish at highly regarded, quite expensive fish
restaurants that repelled me even before the waiter set the plate in
front of me. I've never become acutely ill after eating at a chain,
although I won't vouch for the possible long term effects on my blood
pressure or arteries!

With fish almost more than with any other food, quality control is
essential. Some chains do it very well even though their preparations
are often loaded with salt and/or saturated fat. I tend to eat most
of my fish at home. I can see and smell what I am buying, and I am in
control of the recipe.

Ask the locals. You might end up in a place you would never try. I
used to travel a lot and found some great restaurants that way.
Old 04-12-2010, 03:04 PM posted to rec.food.restaurants,alt.food.fast-food

On 12/3/2010 8:08 PM, L G wrote:
Retirednoguilt wrote:

[...]

Very unlikely that in a remote area anyone is going to recommend
anything other than a national chain or their relative's place,
regardless of quality.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:47 AM posted to rec.food.restaurants,alt.food.fast-food

Retirednoguilt wrote:
On 12/3/2010 8:08 PM, L G wrote:
Retirednoguilt wrote:

[...]

I post from experience. Have you traveled much? Have you asked the
locals for a recommendation? I have many times without a bad experience.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:39 AM posted to rec.food.restaurants,alt.food.fast-food

"Sqwertz" wrote in message

Fast Food is dead. Lone live local, slow food.

Fast-food sells billions of dollars a year. A local food restourant is
lucky to get 1000 a day. Fast-food RULES teh food industry, whether you
want it to or not.

BTW WTF does "Lone live" mean.

Old 05-12-2010, 05:59 AM posted to rec.food.restaurants,alt.food.fast-food

"Sqwertz" wrote in message
On Thu, 2 Dec 2010 19:56:14 -0600, Jerry Sauk wrote:

Steve, you already griped about this before. If your going to troll, at
least come up with something new.

I'll talk about whatever I want, whenever I want, and without
remorse. And I don't give a shit if it doesn't fit your plan for a
perfect fast food Usenet group.

This group is NOT about you anymore. We have taken back the group
and your are nothing but a skid-mark bearing pipsqueak to be
ignored.

-sw

DON'T YOU DARE TALK TO ME THAT WAY STEVE!!!!!!!! This group was NEVER about
me... It's about FAST-FOOD, and YOU helped keep keeping it off-topic by all
your pointless argueing and self-admitted trolling.

YOU are teh problem in this group, Every group you post in, you are hated.
If that's not proof enough, then I don't know what is. Not to mention that
all the time's where I had to leave the group for a short while, all you did
was start argueing with the other people here.

Just go back to ignoring me, but this time, JUST IGNORE ME. And know
this... I will be watching you VERY CLOSELY to all of your post's and,
keeping VERY CLOSE TRACK of what you post that is on-topic or off-topic. I
won't allow you to get away with anything.

Old 05-12-2010, 06:01 AM posted to rec.food.restaurants,alt.food.fast-food

"L G" wrote in message
Jerry Sauk wrote:
wrote in message

Does anybody else cringe when they walk or drive by a Subway
sandwich shop?

The bread does NOT smell appetizing at all. It doesn't even smell
like real bread. And I don't know what else they got going on in
there during various hot sandwich promotions but it doesn't mix
well with whatever else they got going on in there.

I haven't eaten at Subway since Channingway Court in Columbus, Ohio
in 1997 and the stench coming from these places guarantees I won't
be eating there anytime again soon.

-sw

Steve, you already griped about this before. If your going to troll, at
least come up with something new.

Or, get back to work.

Pay attention. That is Sam. I haven't seen a post from Steve in ages.

Sam is steve's alias.

Old 05-12-2010, 06:02 AM posted to rec.food.restaurants,alt.food.fast-food

"Retirednoguilt" wrote in message
On 12/3/2010 8:08 PM, L G wrote:
Retirednoguilt wrote:

[...]

I agree 100% percent. If you go intoa strange town and ask a stranger where
is a good place to eat, he would probably look at you real funny and say,
hey shit-for-brains didn't you see all the mcdonald's signs on teh highway
and, and the great big huge mcdonald's arch's right by the exit-ramp?

Old 05-12-2010, 07:07 AM posted to rec.food.restaurants,alt.food.fast-food

On Sat, 4 Dec 2010 23:02:44 -0600, Jerry Sauk wrote:

If you go intoa strange town and ask a stranger where
is a good place to eat, he would probably look at you real funny and say,
hey shit-for-brains didn't you see all the mcdonald's signs on teh highway
and, and the great big huge mcdonald's arch's right by the exit-ramp?

I notice you always lean towards the Male. Why couldn't this
"stranger" have been a 'she' that you asked for a recommendation?

You started out gender neutral but then gravitated towards the Male
in your fictitious scenario. Just as you do in your subconscious
dreams and fantasies.

You know this proves you're TOTALLY ***, Jerry, don't you?

What if she offered you a free taco right there on the spot?

-sw
Old 05-12-2010, 07:09 AM posted to rec.food.restaurants,alt.food.fast-food

On Sat, 4 Dec 2010 22:39:52 -0600, Jerry Sauk wrote:

BTW WTF does "Lone live" mean.

It's the sub-title of "Book of Saukrates 2".

-sw

Old 05-12-2010, 01:09 PM posted to rec.food.restaurants,alt.food.fast-food

"Jerry Sauk" wrote in message
m...

"Sqwertz" wrote in message
[...]

Go **** yourself, jerry. Your post is many multiple times OFF TOPIC. You
never post anything ON topic. All you do is start ARGUMENTS with other
people, just like with this POST.

Old 05-12-2010, 05:59 PM posted to rec.food.restaurants,alt.food.fast-food

On Sat, 4 Dec 2010 22:59:55 -0600, Jerry Sauk wrote:

DON'T YOU DARE TALK TO ME THAT WAY STEVE!!!!!!!!

Aww, how cute! Pssst: I'll talk to you anyway I want!

Just go back to ignoring me, but this time, JUST IGNORE ME. And know
this... I will be watching you VERY CLOSELY to all of your post's and,
keeping VERY CLOSE TRACK of what you post that is on-topic or off-topic. I
won't allow you to get away with anything.

You'll take whatever I give you, bend over, and ask for more.

To save yourself even more embarrassment, (as if moving back into
your mommy's basement isn't embarrassing enough), now would be a
good time to check out those other fast food groups we pointed you
to a couple years ago.

-sw
Old 06-12-2010, 01:08 AM posted to rec.food.restaurants,alt.food.fast-food

Jerry Sauk wrote:
wrote in message

Fast Food is dead. Lone live local, slow food.

Fast-food sells billions of dollars a year. A local food restourant is
lucky to get 1000 a day. Fast-food RULES teh food industry, whether you
want it to or not.

BTW WTF does "Lone live" mean.

WTF is a "restourant" and what does "teh" mean? There are local,
non-chain, restaurants that have sales of over $1000 per HOUR, numb nuts.
Old 06-12-2010, 01:11 AM posted to rec.food.restaurants,alt.food.fast-food

Jerry Sauk wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

Those Packers aren't looking too good this year, eh? Go Bears!
Old 06-12-2010, 01:11 AM posted to rec.food.restaurants,alt.food.fast-food

Jerry Sauk wrote:
wrote in message

On 12/3/2010 8:08 PM, L G wrote:

Retirednoguilt wrote:

[...]