Posted to rec.food.restaurants

Default Non-Buffet Chinese Restaurants in Dallas

I like some Chinese food, but I don't like the buffets because the food is
always substandard....like it's been on a buffet for way too long.

I'm going to Dallas next month and I wanted to find out if there are any
good non-buffet Chinese restaurants in the Rockwall/Rowlett area. I want
to try some dish with duck in it because I've never had duck before.

Thanks,
Damaeus
--
"Marijuana inflames the erotic impulses and leads to revolting sex
crimes"
Posted to rec.food.restaurants

On Fri, 05 Nov 2010 01:42:14 -0500, Damaeus wrote:

> I like some Chinese food, but I don't like the buffets because the food is
> always substandard....like it's been on a buffet for way too long.
>
> I'm going to Dallas next month and I wanted to find out if there are any
> good non-buffet Chinese restaurants in the Rockwall/Rowlett area. I want
> to try some dish with duck in it because I've never had duck before.

chowhound.com
epicurious.com
yelp.com
Usenet: dallas.food

-sw
Posted to rec.food.restaurants

In news:rec.food.restaurants, Sqwertz > posted on
Fri, 5 Nov 2010 21:37:31 -0600 the following:

> On Fri, 05 Nov 2010 01:42:14 -0500, Damaeus wrote:
>
> > I like some Chinese food, but I don't like the buffets because the food is
> > always substandard....like it's been on a buffet for way too long.
> >
> > I'm going to Dallas next month and I wanted to find out if there are any
> > good non-buffet Chinese restaurants in the Rockwall/Rowlett area. I want
> > to try some dish with duck in it because I've never had duck before.

> chowhound.com
> epicurious.com
> yelp.com
> Usenet: dallas.food

You think I didn't think to try those first? I want opinions on the food,
too. Any restaurant I call from your list will tell me their food is
wonderful, whether they have a buffet or not.

Damaeus
--
"Marijuana inflames the erotic impulses and leads to revolting sex
crimes"
-Daily Mirror (1924)
Posted to rec.food.restaurants

On Mon, 08 Nov 2010 00:56:05 -0600, Damaeus wrote:

> In news:rec.food.restaurants, Sqwertz > posted on
> Fri, 5 Nov 2010 21:37:31 -0600 the following:
>
>> On Fri, 05 Nov 2010 01:42:14 -0500, Damaeus wrote:
>>
>>> I like some Chinese food, but I don't like the buffets because the food is
>>> always substandard....like it's been on a buffet for way too long.
>>>
>>> I'm going to Dallas next month and I wanted to find out if there are any
>>> good non-buffet Chinese restaurants in the Rockwall/Rowlett area. I want
>>> to try some dish with duck in it because I've never had duck before.

>> chowhound.com
>> epicurious.com
>> yelp.com
>> Usenet: dallas.food

> You think I didn't think to try those first? I want opinions on the food,
> too. Any restaurant I call from your list will tell me their food is
> wonderful, whether they have a buffet or not.

Apparently you're at all familiar with any of those sites or
groups. So, no. You did *not* try any of those sites/groups.

I'm not sorry I tried to help your ugly ass. Go ahead - post away
here and waste your time. No sweat.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.restaurants

On 11/8/10 4:31 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Mon, 08 Nov 2010 00:56:05 -0600, Damaeus wrote:
>
>> In news:rec.food.restaurants, Sqwertz > posted on

>>> chowhound.com
>>> epicurious.com
>>> yelp.com
>>> Usenet: dallas.food

>> You think I didn't think to try those first? I want opinions on the food,
>> too. Any restaurant I call from your list will tell me their food is
>> wonderful, whether they have a buffet or not.

> Apparently you're at all familiar with any of those sites or
> groups. So, no. You did *not* try any of those sites/groups.

I believe he is totally familiar with those sites as they exist outside of
San Francisco and New York. 10 reviews for a place, 4 by the owner and 4
by the competition and 2 by locals that either don't have a clue or have a
bone to pick. That is normal for the rest of the USA.

Posted to rec.food.restaurants

On Mon, 08 Nov 2010 17:52:14 -0800, Golden California Girls wrote:

> On 11/8/10 4:31 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
>> On Mon, 08 Nov 2010 00:56:05 -0600, Damaeus wrote:
>>
>>> In news:rec.food.restaurants, Sqwertz > posted on
>>> Fri, 5 Nov 2010 21:37:31 -0600 the following:

>>> You think I didn't think to try those first? I want opinions on the food,
>>> too. Any restaurant I call from your list will tell me their food is
>>> wonderful, whether they have a buffet or not.

>> Apparently you're [not] at all familiar with any of those sites or
>> groups. So, no. You did *not* try any of those sites/groups.

> I believe he is totally familiar with those sites as they exist outside of
> San Francisco and New York. 10 reviews for a place, 4 by the owner and 4
> by the competition and 2 by locals that either don't have a clue or have a
> bone to pick. That is normal for the rest of the USA.

I use Yelp and Chowhound every day for Texas and that is certainly
not representative of your wild-assed, uninformed speculations.
You obviously don't have a ****ing clue, either.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.restaurants

In news:rec.food.restaurants, Sqwertz > posted on
Mon, 8 Nov 2010 20:06:15 -0600 the following:

> On Mon, 08 Nov 2010 17:52:14 -0800, Golden California Girls wrote:
>
> > I believe he is totally familiar with those sites as they exist
> > outside of San Francisco and New York. 10 reviews for a place, 4 by
> > the owner and 4 by the competition and 2 by locals that either don't
> > have a clue or have a bone to pick. That is normal for the rest of
> > the USA.

> I use Yelp and Chowhound every day for Texas and that is certainly
> not representative of your wild-assed, uninformed speculations.
> You obviously don't have a ****ing clue, either.

No wonder usenet is dying. Half the people reply with smart-assed
remarks, and the other half reply with links to search engines or sites
like the ones you pointed out. And I agree with Golden California Girls.
Restaurant operators know about these sites, so chances are they create
multiple accounts to give their own restaurants glowing reviews (some
reviews sound like commercial advertisements) and a few write horrible
reviews because they didn't get their drink refilled fast enough.

But... I will look at the sites. I just won't take the opinions there as
seriously as something I could get here, even though someone could even
reply here with wonderful comments about a restaurant they've never even
seen.

Damaeus
--
"Marijuana inflames the erotic impulses and leads to revolting sex
crimes"
-Daily Mirror (1924)
Posted to rec.food.restaurants

On Wed, 24 Nov 2010 13:00:04 -0600, Damaeus wrote:

> No wonder usenet is dying. Half the people reply with smart-assed
> remarks, and the other half reply with links to search engines or sites
> like the ones you pointed out. And I agree with Golden California Girls.
> Restaurant operators know about these sites, so chances are they create
> multiple accounts to give their own restaurants glowing reviews (some
> reviews sound like commercial advertisements) and a few write horrible
> reviews because they didn't get their drink refilled fast enough.

Its easy enough to tell to Yelp and Chow who's genuine and who just
created an account to plug themselves. It happens, it's rare, and
it's very obvious when it does happen.

-sw