Old 02-01-2010, 04:01 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.restaurants

Default Subway's Meatball Marinara

Thank you to all who responded relevantly and helpfully.

Old 02-01-2010, 04:31 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.restaurants

Saucer Man wrote:
Thank you to all who responded relevantly and helpfully.

Well, honestly, what'd you expect? You not only crossposted but you
crossposted and asked about fast food meatballs on a Que group. You
can't get much further apart....

--
Steve
Old 02-01-2010, 07:20 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.restaurants

Steve Calvin wrote:
Saucer Man wrote:
Thank you to all who responded relevantly and helpfully.

Well, honestly, what'd you expect? You not only crossposted but you
crossposted and asked about fast food meatballs on a Que group. You
can't get much further apart....

I can't argue with what someone finds appealing. Heck, the forceps might
have been applied too tight to his head during delivery, affecting the
'taste' centers of the brain. My GAWD, man, look at the things the french
and the japanese eat and call 'tasty'. :-)

--
Dave

Old 03-01-2010, 06:08 AM posted to rec.food.restaurants

In article ,
"Nunya Bidnits" wrote:

Troll Man said:
Thank you to all who responded relevantly and helpfully.

You mean after trolling the barbecue newsgroup with this line of crap,
you're giving thanks?

Really, dimbulb, you're such a second rate troll.

I will admit, he is a polite one. That is rare.

jt
Old 04-01-2010, 08:12 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.restaurants

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
Jerry Sauk wrote:
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
Saucer Man wrote:
Well, I think they are awesome. Of course, the fresh baked bread
and marinara sauce both contribute.

Sorry to hear of your culinary shortcomings. I hope that some day
you actually get to eat some real bread.

It's a WELL-KNOWN fact that Subway bakes there own bread FRESH right
there in the store.

Yes, but it is still second rate. No, third rate.

I never said it was first rate. All I said was, to disagree with Ed, is
that it's REAL bread. Which is proved by teh fact they bake it right there
in fron of you.

Old 05-01-2010, 12:24 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.restaurants

Saucer Man wrote:
Well, I think they are awesome. Of course, the fresh baked bread
and marinara sauce both contribute.

Sorry to hear of your culinary shortcomings. I hope that some
day you actually get to eat some real bread.

It's a WELL-KNOWN fact that Subway bakes there own bread FRESH right
there in the store.

Yes, but it is still second rate. No, third rate.

I never said it was first rate. All I said was, to disagree with Ed,
is that it's REAL bread. Which is proved by teh fact they bake it
right there in fron of you.

So, if they baked horse-shit in front of you and called it bread, then that
makes it bread? Bread has a few specific definitions, of which 'they bake it
right there in front of you' is not one.

--
Dave

Old 06-01-2010, 12:08 AM posted to rec.food.restaurants

In article ,
"Jerry Sauk" wrote:

I never said it was first rate. All I said was, to disagree with Ed, is
that it's REAL bread. Which is proved by teh fact they bake it right there
in fron of you.

Actually, they don't bake it in front of you. They bake it in advance
and then cool it before they serve it to you. If you watched it bake
before you ate it, you would be there a couple hours. Maybe you
consider it worth your time, I don't. And the employees would be
whigged out by you watching all that time, nothing else to do.

jt
Old 06-01-2010, 12:31 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.restaurants

Saucer Man wrote:
Well, I think they are awesome. Of course, the fresh baked bread
and marinara sauce both contribute.

Sorry to hear of your culinary shortcomings. I hope that some
day you actually get to eat some real bread.

It's a WELL-KNOWN fact that Subway bakes there own bread FRESH right
there in the store.

Yes, but it is still second rate. No, third rate.

I never said it was first rate. All I said was, to disagree with Ed,
is that it's REAL bread. Which is proved by teh fact they bake it
right there in fron of you.

So, if they baked horse-shit in front of you and called it bread, then

that
makes it bread? Bread has a few specific definitions, of which 'they bake

it
right there in front of you' is not one.

--
Dave

Idiot, baking it in front of you proves it's BREAD and not horse-shit. If
they were baking horse shit, you could SEE that it's shit irregardless what
they call it.

Old 06-01-2010, 02:33 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.restaurants

Jerry Sauk wrote:
Saucer Man wrote:
Well, I think they are awesome. Of course, the fresh baked
bread and marinara sauce both contribute.

Sorry to hear of your culinary shortcomings. I hope that some
day you actually get to eat some real bread.

It's a WELL-KNOWN fact that Subway bakes there own bread FRESH
right there in the store.

Yes, but it is still second rate. No, third rate.

I never said it was first rate. All I said was, to disagree with
Ed, is that it's REAL bread. Which is proved by teh fact they bake
it right there in fron of you.

So, if they baked horse-shit in front of you and called it bread,
then that makes it bread? Bread has a few specific definitions, of
which 'they bake it right there in front of you' is not one.

--
Dave
What is best in life? "To crush your enemies, see them driven
before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women." -- Conan

Idiot, baking it in front of you proves it's BREAD and not
horse-shit. If they were baking horse shit, you could SEE that it's
shit irregardless what they call it.

Well, thanks for proving my point, Jabba. The shit that they bake in front
of you ISN'T bread, despite what they, or you, wish to call it.

--
Dave

Old 06-01-2010, 02:35 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.restaurants

"Dave Bugg" wrote in message
Jerry Sauk wrote:
Saucer Man wrote:
[...]

Sure as **** looks tastes and smells like bread to me. On top of all
that, they CALL it bread, also.

Old 06-01-2010, 03:23 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.restaurants

Jerry Sauk wrote:

Sure as **** looks tastes and smells like bread to me. On top of all
that, they CALL it bread, also.

Yes, right up there with Wonder bread, a cubic foot ofmostly air.

Old 06-01-2010, 04:10 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.restaurants

Jerry Sauk wrote:

Sure as **** looks tastes and smells like bread to me. On top of all
that, they CALL it bread, also.

Thank you for providing a calibration standard by which to judge the
recommendations you make based on your five senses.

--
Dave

Old 06-01-2010, 07:10 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.restaurants

Saucer Man wrote:
Does anyone know with certainty who is the supplier of Subway's meatballs?

Jimmy Hoffa's estate?
Old 06-01-2010, 07:17 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.restaurants

Dave Bugg wrote:
Steve Calvin wrote:
Saucer Man wrote:
Thank you to all who responded relevantly and helpfully.

Well, honestly, what'd you expect? You not only crossposted but you
crossposted and asked about fast food meatballs on a Que group. You
can't get much further apart....

I can't argue with what someone finds appealing. Heck, the forceps might
have been applied too tight to his head during delivery, affecting the
'taste' centers of the brain. My GAWD, man, look at the things the french
and the japanese eat and call 'tasty'. :-)

I was particularly "taken" by an episode of Anthony Bourdain's show in
which he went to a Korean restaurant where they served live octopus
squirming on a hot skillet plate. Yum!
Old 06-01-2010, 07:19 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.restaurants

Saucer Man wrote:
Well, I think they are awesome. Of course, the fresh baked bread
and marinara sauce both contribute.

Sorry to hear of your culinary shortcomings. I hope that some
day you actually get to eat some real bread.

It's a WELL-KNOWN fact that Subway bakes there own bread FRESH right
there in the store.
Yes, but it is still second rate. No, third rate.

I never said it was first rate. All I said was, to disagree with Ed,
is that it's REAL bread. Which is proved by teh fact they bake it
right there in fron of you.

So, if they baked horse-shit in front of you and called it bread, then that
makes it bread? Bread has a few specific definitions, of which 'they bake it
right there in front of you' is not one.

Lol.

I make TV dinners in my oven, but they're not really TV...