Old 31-12-2009, 08:24 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.restaurants

Default Subway's Meatball Marinara

"Lou Decruss" wrote in message
On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 00:15:31 -0600, "Jerry Sauk"
wrote:

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
om...
Saucer Man wrote:
Well, I think they are awesome. Of course, the fresh baked bread and
marinara sauce both contribute.

Sorry to hear of your culinary shortcomings. I hope that some day you
actually get to eat some real bread.

It's a WELL-KNOWN fact that Subway bakes there own bread FRESH right there
in the store.

LOL. Frozen dough formed in a factory. jerry you're pathetic.

Lou

he said BAKED fresh, not MADE fresh. One step lower would be SERVED fresh .
.. .

Old 31-12-2009, 08:43 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.restaurants

On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 12:40:28 -0600, "Nunya Bidnits"
wrote:

Saucer Man wrote:
Well, I think they are awesome. Of course, the fresh baked bread
and marinara sauce both contribute.

Sorry to hear of your culinary shortcomings. I hope that some day
you actually get to eat some real bread.

It's a WELL-KNOWN fact that Subway bakes there own bread FRESH right
there in the store.

Yes, but it is still second rate. No, third rate. I've been to
probably 100+ bakeries over the years that are far superior to the
soft stuff at Subway. Want good Italian? go to Veccione, DiNofa,
Esposito, or many others. Want real rye or pumpernickel? Widoff's
or Sepvula's are my first choices, but there are others.

I didn't mean to plonk nitwit you, Ed, I was referring to that projectile
moron.

Another typical outhouse express user who can't keep a thread
straight. I noticed when you plonked folks who responded to the troll
you stripped AFB out of all but your reply to Ed's post. Hypocrisy? I
think so. Are you one of the jerks over on ABF who whines about yEnc
also? I quit reading your group years ago because of chest pounding
needle dicks like you. And the same for the picture group you
****-sticks use but more recently. Rather than killing a thread you
don't want to see you chose to puff up and throw your plonks around to
those that responded yet you kiss up to Ed. I like Ed but you're a
fukin cry-baby looser. Whatever you think you are I guarantee you're
not.

Lou
Old 31-12-2009, 09:50 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.restaurants
tom tom is offline

"Lou Decruss" wrote in message
Another typical outhouse express user who can't keep a thread
straight. I noticed when you plonked folks who responded to the troll
you stripped AFB out of all but your reply to Ed's post. Hypocrisy? I
think so. Are you one of the jerks over on ABF who whines about yEnc
also? I quit reading your group years ago because of chest pounding
needle dicks like you. And the same for the picture group you
****-sticks use but more recently. Rather than killing a thread you
don't want to see you chose to puff up and throw your plonks around to
those that responded yet you kiss up to Ed. I like Ed but you're a
fukin cry-baby looser. Whatever you think you are I guarantee you're
not.

Lou

2 many xperts with 2 many soapboxes. It never ends.

Old 31-12-2009, 10:44 PM posted to alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.restaurants

On Dec 31, 12:51*pm, "Nunya Bidnits" [email protected]
september.invalid wrote:

Saucer Man wrote:
Well, I think they are awesome. Of course, the fresh baked bread
and marinara sauce both contribute.

Sorry to hear of your culinary shortcomings. I hope that some day
you actually get to eat some real bread.

It's a WELL-KNOWN fact that Subway bakes there own bread FRESH right
there in the store.

Happy New Year from AFB.... plonk

Announcing that you've killfiled someone is *so last year*.....LOL

Old 31-12-2009, 10:45 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.restaurants

wrote:
Ed Pawlowski said:
Jerry Sauk wrote:
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
news:[email protected] com...
Saucer Man wrote:
[...]

Right on Lou!
Old 01-01-2010, 01:32 AM posted to alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.restaurants

Jerry Sauk wrote:
"Ed wrote in message

Saucer Man wrote:

Well, I think they are awesome. Of course, the fresh baked bread and
marinara sauce both contribute.

Sorry to hear of your culinary shortcomings. I hope that some day you
actually get to eat some real bread.

It's a WELL-KNOWN fact that Subway bakes there own bread FRESH right there
in the store.

That doesn't make it good.

Robnig
Old 01-01-2010, 03:26 AM posted to rec.food.restaurants

Saucer Man wrote:
Well, I think they are awesome. Of course, the fresh baked bread
and marinara sauce both contribute.

Sorry to hear of your culinary shortcomings. I hope that some day
you actually get to eat some real bread.

It's a WELL-KNOWN fact that Subway bakes there own bread FRESH right
there in the store.

Yes, but it is still second rate. No, third rate. I've been to probably
100+ bakeries over the years that are far superior to the soft stuff at
Subway. Want good Italian? go to Veccione, DiNofa, Esposito, or many
others. Want real rye or pumpernickel? Widoff's or Sepvula's are my
first
choices, but there are others.

Howdy Ed. I have one souce only for Italian bread and I don't know where
they get it from. It's brought in daily to the store and it is placed in
wrapper
sleeves after it gets there. (It arrives naked). And to agree with you,
Subway
isn't even close to the Itailian bread that I buy at Cacciaore Bros Mkt.
Nor
can I buy similar bread at any of the big box supermarkets, even those that
bake their own bread.

--
Brick (Youth is wasted on young people)
Old 01-01-2010, 05:17 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.restaurants

"Lou Decruss" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 03:04:23 -0500, "Robert"
wrote:

"projectile vomit chick" wrote in message
On Dec 30, 4:28 pm, "Saucer Man" wrote:
Does anyone know with certainty who is the supplier of Subway's
meatballs?

Alpo.

That would be Purina not Alpo?

Robert

Either one fits I think. I've had one of those sandwiches and it was
horrible.

Lou

Purina is the supplier. Alpo is the product.

Robert

Old 01-01-2010, 03:58 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.restaurants

On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 17:28:14 -0500, "Saucer Man"
wrote:

Does anyone know with certainty who is the supplier of Subway's meatballs?

Try Here
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Recipes/st...1892447&page=1

Old 01-01-2010, 04:06 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.restaurants

wrote:

Does anyone know with certainty who is the supplier of Subway's meatballs?

Try Here
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Recipes/st...1892447&page=1

Too funny...

1 tablespoon dry bread crumbs

1 tablespoon fat-free milk

2 ounces 96 percent lean ground beef
snip

Makes 2 cups, enough for 4 sandwiches

Seems like that's a little bit over a 1/2 oz of meat per sandwich...
hope you're not hungry!

--
Steve
Old 01-01-2010, 05:59 PM posted to rec.food.restaurants

In article ,
"Saucer Man" wrote:

Does anyone know with certainty who is the supplier of Subway's meatballs?

I called and verified. They have their own facilities (commissary)
where the meatballs and the sauce are pre-made. Everything proprietary
to Subway is made corporate in house in their own facilities. Things
like mayo and mustard are wholesaled in.

Mass market efficiency.

jt
Old 02-01-2010, 01:58 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.restaurants

wrote:

Does anyone know with certainty who is the supplier of Subway's
meatballs?

Try Here
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Recipes/st...1892447&page=1

Too funny...

1 tablespoon dry bread crumbs

1 tablespoon fat-free milk

2 ounces 96 percent lean ground beef
snip

Makes 2 cups, enough for 4 sandwiches

Seems like that's a little bit over a 1/2 oz of meat per sandwich... hope
you're not hungry!

--
Steve

Their is a second page for the recipe that tells you the ingredients for the
meat is for 1 sandwich.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Recipes/st...1892447&page=2

Robert

Old 02-01-2010, 02:11 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.restaurants

Robert wrote:
snip

Try Here
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Recipes/st...1892447&page=1

Too funny...

1 tablespoon dry bread crumbs

1 tablespoon fat-free milk

2 ounces 96 percent lean ground beef
snip

Makes 2 cups, enough for 4 sandwiches

Seems like that's a little bit over a 1/2 oz of meat per sandwich... hope
you're not hungry!

--
Steve

Their is a second page for the recipe that tells you the ingredients for the
meat is for 1 sandwich.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Recipes/st...1892447&page=2

Robert

ok... so 2 1/2 oz of meat per ONE sandwich - I still hope you're not hungry!

--
Steve
Old 02-01-2010, 08:12 AM posted to rec.food.restaurants

In article ,
Steve Calvin wrote:

There is a second page for the recipe that tells you the ingredients for
the meat is for 1 sandwich.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Recipes/st...1892447&page=2

ok... so 2 1/2 oz of meat per ONE sandwich - I still hope you're not hungry!

That's what the "fresh baked bread" is for.

jt