Anita P. Ness

Default San Diego

Any "can't miss" restaurants from a diner to Five Star?

Jimmy G

Great Hong-Kong Chinese at both "Jasmine" and "Emerald" on Convoy Blvd.

The best hamburger & Greek chicken is at Western Steakburger on University
in North Park. Good, cheap eats.

The only real deli's in town are DZ Akins in La Mesa, and Herschel's in
Encinitas. Milton's in Del Mar is very good, too.

Have lived here for over 25 years, & STILL struggle to offer good
suggestions to anybody who asks. LOTS of mediocrity prevails. By all
means, avoid the Gaslamp district, Downtown for anything but lunch & a nice
walk.

Dan W

In article >, Anita P. Ness > wrote:
>Any "can't miss" restaurants from a diner to Five Star?

Unique place for breakfast is The Waterfront on Ketner Blvd near Date St.
Very unique, almost a dive. Advertises itself as the oldest bar in SD.
Complete brekfast for $3.50. Some of the locals were drinking theirs. My
wife wanted tea, so the hostess had to steal a bag from one of their regulars
stash. Had some good dinners at the resturants in Little Italy area at the
corner of Date and India.

_
(_) Daniel Warren, RPh
_______// Marion NY
(________) Clinical Pharmacist
\ /
| Rx |
/______\
(________)

Dan W

In article >, Anita P. Ness > wrote:
>Any "can't miss" restaurants from a diner to Five Star?

Unique place for breakfast is The Waterfront on Ketner Blvd near Date St.
Very unique, almost a dive. Advertises itself as the oldest bar in SD.
Complete brekfast for $3.50. Some of the locals were drinking theirs. My
wife wanted tea, so the hostess had to steal a bag from one of their regulars
stash. Had some good dinners at the resturants in Little Italy area at the
corner of Date and India.

_
(_) Daniel Warren, RPh
_______// Marion NY
(________) Clinical Pharmacist
\ /
| Rx |
/______\
(________)

Jimmy G

"Almost" a dive?

I looked up "Dive" in my Random House Unabridged dictionary......you know
the rest.

However it IS a fun & unique place to be sure, & not a regular tourist hot
spot.

BB

http://www.jakesdelmar.com/
Hob Knob Hill - SD - Breakfast
Fidel's - Solana Beach - Mexican Lunch or Dinner
http://www.cafepacifica.com/
http://www.thefishmarket.com/
http://www.pizzanova.net/

"Anita P. Ness" > wrote in message
> Any "can't miss" restaurants from a diner to Five Star?

CindyThe Tax Lady

> Not that American pizza is that Italian, but I tried
> several pizza places when I visited. Not good at all.

Bronx Pizza. Husband from Boston-its as close as you can get. www.bronxpizza.com.

Click on "menu" and its a photo of the menu board.
CindyThe Tax Lady

Anita P. Ness > wrote in message >. ..
> Any "can't miss" restaurants from a diner to Five Star?

Convoy Street in Kearney Mesa. Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Thai,
Vietnamese. Nothing is bad there. Menus usually on exterior or you
can walk in and look at a paper to go menu before choosing to go
there.

Bronx Pizza on Washington Street.

Saffron on India Street, as well as the other eateries right there.
CindyThe Tax Lady