Trip Ives

Default Need an NYC Reccommendation Please

Hello all,

I'm not too familiar with NYC restaurants and need a reccommendation.

I'm looking for something that is Fun, Unique, Somewhat Quiet,
Potentially Romantic - but not too serious, preferably in the Soho,
Greenwich Village, Little Itialy, Chinatown kinda of area. I'm not
too concerned about price but let's try to keep it below [say] $70 per
head. This is a [gasp] blind date.

What do ya suggest?

Thanks!

Bicco
Italian bistro style Restaurant row in the theater district. for get the
address but the place is right on. best food I've had in a long time and
well worth the price.
then if you are in to Thai then just cross the street and there is this
little Thai joint Name also forgotten but food not forgotten., great. just
like being in Bangkok again!

--
"I have seen the worst that man can do.and I can still laugh loudly"
R.J. Goldman

http://www.usidfvets.com

and

http://www.stopfcc.com

"Trip Ives" > wrote in message
om...
> Hello all,
>
> I'm not too familiar with NYC restaurants and need a reccommendation.
>
> I'm looking for something that is Fun, Unique, Somewhat Quiet,
> Potentially Romantic - but not too serious, preferably in the Soho,
> Greenwich Village, Little Itialy, Chinatown kinda of area. I'm not
> too concerned about price but let's try to keep it below [say] $70 per
> head. This is a [gasp] blind date.
>
> What do ya suggest?
>
> Thanks!

Bicco
Italian bistro style Restaurant row in the theater district. for get the
address but the place is right on. best food I've had in a long time and
well worth the price.
then if you are in to Thai then just cross the street and there is this
little Thai joint Name also forgotten but food not forgotten., great. just
like being in Bangkok again!

--
"I have seen the worst that man can do.and I can still laugh loudly"
R.J. Goldman

http://www.usidfvets.com

and

http://www.stopfcc.com

"Trip Ives" > wrote in message
om...
> Hello all,
>
> I'm not too familiar with NYC restaurants and need a reccommendation.
>
> I'm looking for something that is Fun, Unique, Somewhat Quiet,
> Potentially Romantic - but not too serious, preferably in the Soho,
> Greenwich Village, Little Itialy, Chinatown kinda of area. I'm not
> too concerned about price but let's try to keep it below [say] $70 per
> head. This is a [gasp] blind date.
>
> What do ya suggest?
>
> Thanks!

William Prien

Well, if you're looking for a "somewhat quiet..romantic place" forget
the theater district!. The Village is probably your best bet.
There are numerous places there that are small, cozy and quiet.
See if you can find a copy of the NYC magazine Time Out. It has very
up-to-date listings on that type of thing.

William

http://www.usidfvets.com

> and
>
> http://www.stopfcc.com
>

> "Trip Ives" > wrote in message
> om...
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I'm not too familiar with NYC restaurants and need a reccommendation.
> >
> > I'm looking for something that is Fun, Unique, Somewhat Quiet,
> > Potentially Romantic - but not too serious, preferably in the Soho,
> > Greenwich Village, Little Itialy, Chinatown kinda of area. I'm not
> > too concerned about price but let's try to keep it below [say] $70 per
> > head. This is a [gasp] blind date.
> >
> > What do ya suggest?
> >
> > Thanks!

William Prien

http://www.usidfvets.com

> and
>
> http://www.stopfcc.com
>

> "Trip Ives" > wrote in message
> om...
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I'm not too familiar with NYC restaurants and need a reccommendation.
> >
> > I'm looking for something that is Fun, Unique, Somewhat Quiet,
> > Potentially Romantic - but not too serious, preferably in the Soho,
> > Greenwich Village, Little Itialy, Chinatown kinda of area. I'm not
> > too concerned about price but let's try to keep it below [say] $70 per
> > head. This is a [gasp] blind date.
> >
> > What do ya suggest?
> >
> > Thanks!

Lazchance

In that part of town I like
Mezzogiorno

Mezzogirono Restaurant

Work: 212-334-2112
Fax: 212-941-6294

195 Spring St. (Soho)
New York, NY 10012

It's intimate, very well run, authentic Italian food (Not
Italian-American...the real thing) and for NYC, reasonably priced. I go there
nearly everytime I travel to the city.

Try the crostini with canellini beans as an appetizer.

Dan Checkman

> (Trip Ives) sez:
>
> >Hello all,
> >
> >I'm not too familiar with NYC restaurants and need a reccommendation.
> >
> >I'm looking for something that is Fun, Unique, Somewhat Quiet,
> >Potentially Romantic - but not too serious, preferably in the Soho,
> >Greenwich Village, Little Itialy, Chinatown kinda of area. I'm not
> >too concerned about price but let's try to keep it below [say] $70 per
> >head. This is a [gasp] blind date.

This is probably a bit late by now in that you've probably already had
your date, but if not, or if it worked out well and you're planning a
second one then maybe this will help out.

If you're willing to look a little north of the neighborhoods
mentioned, I recommend Tamarind (on 21st or 22nd, near the Flatiron
building). It meets all of your requirements in that it is fun,
unique, somewhat quiet, and can be very romantic. It's also one of
the hottest new restaurants in the area (new is relative - I think
it's been around for 3 or 4 years), and much quieter than some of its
neighbors (Bolo, Tabla, Olive's, etc.). The food is sort of a
nouvelle Indian and the dining area has some private seating booths
around the perimiter that might be nice for a date.

The other recommendations posted to date are good ones and I wouldn't
know where to start in adding to them. You could try a different
restauarant each week for a year or two in those neighborhoods and
they'd all satisfy your requirements.

:-Dan

Dan Checkman