Steve Doherty

>>Why? Tips are voluntary gifts. They can leave ZERO if they
>>feel like it.
>>
>>If restaurant owners were forced to pay a living wage,
>>instead
>>of some slave-wage supposedly subsidized by the benevolence
>>of others, this wouldn't be an issue at all.

>>Why? Tips are voluntary gifts. They can leave ZERO if they
>>feel like it.
>>
>>If restaurant owners were forced to pay a living wage,
>>instead
>>of some slave-wage supposedly subsidized by the benevolence
>>of others, this wouldn't be an issue at all.

I couldn't agree more about this. Aussie hospitality workers get around
$AU12 - 15/hour, and while I'm a good tipper, I don't therefore feel
oblidged to tip for poor service. I spent a year in LA, and was generally
unimpressed with the quality of service. I guess when your server is
basically guaranteed a 15% tip, why make the effort?

Pay a decent wage, and you'll attract decent staff. They will probably earn
tips regardless if they provide good service - everybody wins.

Steve.

Probably leaving The Cook Preserving 10 07-10-2016 10:33 PM
Pizzaria owner arrested... Michel Boucher[_3_] General Cooking 1 03-03-2011 01:04 PM
man arrested for leaving a crappy tip A.C. General Cooking 10 17-09-2004 12:02 AM
man arrested for leaving a crappy tip pennyaline General Cooking 4 13-09-2004 09:41 AM
[OT] Leaving RFC j*ni p. General Cooking 22 17-10-2003 04:04 AM