FoodBanter.com

-   Restaurants (https://www.foodbanter.com/restaurants/)
-   -   Denver restaurants (https://www.foodbanter.com/restaurants/33518-denver-restaurants.html)

Gordon McDougall 03-09-2004 10:54 PM

Denver restaurants

JIll and I will be in Denver on Saturday for a baseball game at Coors
Field. We would like recommendations on moderately priced restaurants
for lunch or dinner. We have no preference as to type of food but
would like to know if there are any "don't miss" restaurants or local
restaurants which are unique to Denver. Also perhaps a local good
coffee shop for Sunday breakfast.

We will have a car.

Many thanks,

Gordon McDougall

pltrgyst 07-09-2004 02:52 PM

Gordon McDougall wrote:

>JIll and I will be in Denver on Saturday for a baseball game at Coors
>Field. We would like recommendations on moderately priced restaurants
>for lunch or dinner. We have no preference as to type of food but
>would like to know if there are any "don't miss" restaurants or local
>restaurants which are unique to Denver. Also perhaps a local good
>coffee shop for Sunday breakfast.

There's a really excellent, fairly unknown restaurant on E. 17th Avenue named
Aix (www.restaurantaix.com). We go there every time we're in Denver, and love
the place. Small and informal, terrific food. And a great high-end gourmet
grocery right across the street (Marczyk's).

As to breakfast, I'm addicted to the Delectable Egg, on Court Place, just off
the SE end of the 16th St. pedestrian mall. Wish we had a place like that in DC.

-- Larry

pltrgyst 07-09-2004 02:52 PM

Can Altinbay 10-09-2004 04:57 PM

"arthur wouk" > wrote in message

> check out the listings/ratings in www.westword.com.
> --

Jason Sheehan's opinions?
I wouldn't count on them.

Can Altinbay 10-09-2004 05:03 PM

"pltrgyst" > wrote in message
> Gordon McDougall wrote:
>
> >JIll and I will be in Denver on Saturday for a baseball game at Coors
> >Field. We would like recommendations on moderately priced restaurants
> >for lunch or dinner. We have no preference as to type of food but
> >would like to know if there are any "don't miss" restaurants or local
> >restaurants which are unique to Denver. Also perhaps a local good
> >coffee shop for Sunday breakfast.

> As to breakfast, I'm addicted to the Delectable Egg, on Court Place, just

off
> the SE end of the 16th St. pedestrian mall. Wish we had a place like that

in DC.

> -- Larry

Quite a good recommendation.
Mori, a Japanese place, is one block from Coors Field. Their sushi is not
surpassed in Denver, and their othe rJapanese food is very good. Lunch
specials are well priced. They are between 20th and 21st on Market.
Say hi to Go-san, the sushi chef, who also runs the kitchen. Their prices
won't kill you for dinner, either.
The immediate area isn't exactly a restaurant wasteland, but it's full of
"upscale" places, chains and sports bars.
Akebono, upstairs at Sakura Square between 19th & 20th and between Lawrence
and Larimer, is also quite good, but slightly more expensive. They offer
some Korean and Chinese dishes as well as Japanese.