Rob

Default Looking for phenom Italian in MA/NH

Let me start by saying my favorite italian restaurant by FAR is Bove's in
Burlington, Vermont. I and my wife like nice and simple.. spag and
meatballs, chicken or veal parm. That's about as fancy as we get, so the
gravy is probably the most important thing.

I've looked at sites like boston.citysearch and it seems every italian
restaurant in Boston has a 9+ rating which makes it impossible to know
what's accurate. Looking at the menu for each of these places shows they
are all fancy. We don't want fancy, we want good food. Boves isn't fancy,
meals start around $4, but the food can't be beat by any place I've ever
been, regardless of the price tag.

Given all that, any recommendations?