Newsgroups

Default London restaurant

We went to London last month, and after spending a day at the Tower of
London, started looking for someplace close for dinner. We saw a couple of
pubs, but we have a 3 and 7 year old, and they were to smoky. We walked
about a block west of the tower on Byward St, and found a new wrap shop
called Wrap at 7 Byward St. They have all kinds of hot and cold wraps,
salads, and juices. The food was great and it was the perfect light dinner
we were looking for. We started up a conversation with Mukhtiar Tanda, the
owner/manager, and he was really a nice guy and accomodating to the kids.

Miss L. Toe

"Newsgroups" > wrote in message
> We went to London last month, and after spending a day at the Tower of
> London, started looking for someplace close for dinner.

Never eat spam.

Miss L. Toe

"Newsgroups" > wrote in message
> We went to London last month, and after spending a day at the Tower of
> London, started looking for someplace close for dinner.

Never eat spam.

Charles Hawtrey

"Miss L. Toe" > climbed onto an orange
crate and shouted:

>"Newsgroups" > wrote in message
>> We went to London last month, and after spending a day at the Tower of
>> London, started looking for someplace close for dinner.

>Never eat spam.

They're posting from a RoadRunner (US provider) account, apparently in
Texas. My guess is it's a genuine recommendation.

--
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people
what they do not want to hear." - George Orwell
Charles Hawtrey

"Miss L. Toe" > climbed onto an orange
crate and shouted:

>"Newsgroups" > wrote in message
>> We went to London last month, and after spending a day at the Tower of
>> London, started looking for someplace close for dinner.

>Never eat spam.

They're posting from a RoadRunner (US provider) account, apparently in
Texas. My guess is it's a genuine recommendation.

--
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people
what they do not want to hear." - George Orwell

congokid

In message >, Charles Hawtrey
> writes
>"Miss L. Toe" > climbed onto an orange
>crate and shouted:

>>"Newsgroups" > wrote in message
>>> We went to London last month, and after spending a day at the Tower of
>>> London, started looking for someplace close for dinner.

>>Never eat spam.

>They're posting from a RoadRunner (US provider) account, apparently in
>Texas. My guess is it's a genuine recommendation.

Could well be.

I'm impressed that usually humble wraps, now available in many outlets
around London, could be so memorable that the original poster not only
conversed with the manager of the establishment concerned, but also took
a note of his name and address, carried back those details half way
round the world and posted them to a vaguely relevant newsgroup.

All I can find online about it is:

Application Number: 04/00347/ADVT Ward: Tower
Location: 7 Byward Street, London, EC3R 5AS, Type of Application:
Advertisement Consent Proposed Development: Installation and
display of one internally illuminated fascia sign measuring 0.55m high
by 6.3m wide and one internally illuminated projecting sign measuring
0.55m by 0.55m at a height of 2.75m above ground level.
Conservation Area: None Listed Building: No Applicant:
Wrap, 7 Byward Street, London, EC3R 5AS Agent: The Green Bear
Machine, Attn: Baljinder S Tanga, 2 Redbourn Lodge, Rebourn Lane,
Harpenden, AL5 2BB, (07966 883426) Application Received: 1 Apr
2004 Application valid: 1 Apr 2004 Decision: approve
Decision Date: 29 Apr 2004

--
congokid
Good restaurants in London? Number one on Google
congokid

In message >, Charles Hawtrey
> writes
>"Miss L. Toe" > climbed onto an orange
>crate and shouted:

>>"Newsgroups" > wrote in message
>>> We went to London last month, and after spending a day at the Tower of
>>> London, started looking for someplace close for dinner.

>>Never eat spam.

>They're posting from a RoadRunner (US provider) account, apparently in
>Texas. My guess is it's a genuine recommendation.

Could well be.

I'm impressed that usually humble wraps, now available in many outlets
around London, could be so memorable that the original poster not only
conversed with the manager of the establishment concerned, but also took
a note of his name and address, carried back those details half way
round the world and posted them to a vaguely relevant newsgroup.

All I can find online about it is:

Application Number: 04/00347/ADVT Ward: Tower
Location: 7 Byward Street, London, EC3R 5AS, Type of Application:
Advertisement Consent Proposed Development: Installation and
display of one internally illuminated fascia sign measuring 0.55m high
by 6.3m wide and one internally illuminated projecting sign measuring
0.55m by 0.55m at a height of 2.75m above ground level.
Conservation Area: None Listed Building: No Applicant:
Wrap, 7 Byward Street, London, EC3R 5AS Agent: The Green Bear
Machine, Attn: Baljinder S Tanga, 2 Redbourn Lodge, Rebourn Lane,
Harpenden, AL5 2BB, (07966 883426) Application Received: 1 Apr
2004 Application valid: 1 Apr 2004 Decision: approve
Decision Date: 29 Apr 2004

--
congokid
Good restaurants in London? Number one on Google
http://congokid.com
David

"Miss L. Toe" > wrote in message >...
> "Newsgroups" > wrote in message
> > We went to London last month, and after spending a day at the Tower of
> > London, started looking for someplace close for dinner.

> Never eat spam.

Thats a Wrap.
Dave
Charles Hawtrey

congokid > climbed onto an orange crate and
shouted:

>In message >, Charles Hawtrey
> writes
>>They're posting from a RoadRunner (US provider) account, apparently in
>>Texas. My guess is it's a genuine recommendation.

>Could well be.
>
>I'm impressed that usually humble wraps, now available in many outlets
>around London, could be so memorable that the original poster not only
>conversed with the manager of the establishment concerned, but also took
>a note of his name and address, carried back those details half way
>round the world and posted them to a vaguely relevant newsgroup.

Yeah, it smells kind of funny, but it's hard to imagine an ordinary
London restaurateur going to the trouble of finding a way to post from
Texas. Usually the shills are more obvious (most amateur spammers
seem to think that Google is an anonymizing service -- which it
isn't).

You never know what is going to catch people's fancy when they're
traveling. Someone being impressed by a wrap sandwich and a guy who
is nice to their kids -- that's less far-fetched than some things I've
heard.

--
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so
are we, They never stop thinking about new ways to
Joan McGalliard

Charles Hawtrey > wrote:

> Yeah, it smells kind of funny, but it's hard to imagine an ordinary
> London restaurateur going to the trouble of finding a way to post from
> Texas. Usually the shills are more obvious (most amateur spammers
> seem to think that Google is an anonymizing service -- which it
> isn't).

Maybe, but it's also pretty hard to imagine that someone crosses the
world and the ONLY thing they find worth reporting on is a sandwich.
And then they have detail down to the shop number and the hard-to-spell
owner's name. And there style is exactly the same as in the free
newspapers whose restaurant reviews are always coincidently accompanied
by an advertisement for the same establishment.

Occam's razor says it's spam - at the very least they exchanged a free
sandwich for the ad.

joan
--
Joan McGalliard, UK http://www.mcgalliard.org

When I'm traveling I take note of the places I eat . if they are good I
recommend them and if not I'll tell you so as well. and yes I know the
names of many an owner of the ones I'm impressed with . food professionals
are like that.
so if any of you ever get to Israel and want some really great better then
you ever tasted Chinese food then the place to go is " THE HOUSE" (Ha Biyat)
in Tiberius.. right on the Sea of Galilee.....

--
"I have seen the worst that man can do.and I can still laugh loudly"
R.J. Goldman

http://www.usidfvets.com

and

http://www.stopfcc.com