aesthete8

Default Food Court at your local shopping mall?

How would you judge it?

Is it a shining example of multiculturalism?

Or more a salute to accessible mediocrity?

aesthete8 > wrote:
> How would you judge it?

> Is it a shining example of multiculturalism?

> Or more a salute to accessible mediocrity?

Mediocrity. That's how I describe the food court at the mall nearest me
and at 99% of the malls I have visited in other regions.

aesthete8 > wrote:
> How would you judge it?

> Is it a shining example of multiculturalism?

> Or more a salute to accessible mediocrity?

Mediocrity. That's how I describe the food court at the mall nearest me
and at 99% of the malls I have visited in other regions.

Steve Wertz

On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 11:25:12 GMT, Brian Seeger

(aesthete8) wrote:

>>How would you judge it?
>>
>>Is it a shining example of multiculturalism?
>>
>>Or more a salute to accessible mediocrity?

>Never seen a five star....let alone a one star.

When you speak of 'stars', you're referring to the Michelin rating
system. Which only has 3 stars maximum.

No stars for you! Next!

;-)

-sw

Petey the Wonder Dog

Far as I can tell, someone wrote:
>How would you judge it?

Um... on salt and fat content? A resounding ten!

>Is it a shining example of multiculturalism?

Fat is definately shiny. Shiny fatty pieces of oriental chicken.
Shiny donuts.
Shiny everything.

>Or more a salute to accessible mediocrity?

More like a middle finger salute to health...?
Petey the Wonder Dog

Far as I can tell, someone wrote:
>How would you judge it?

Um... on salt and fat content? A resounding ten!

>Is it a shining example of multiculturalism?

Fat is definately shiny. Shiny fatty pieces of oriental chicken.
Shiny donuts.
Shiny everything.

>Or more a salute to accessible mediocrity?

More like a middle finger salute to health...?
dgs

Steve Wertz wrote:

> [...]
> When you speak of 'stars', you're referring to the Michelin rating
> system. Which only has 3 stars maximum.
>
> No stars for you! Next!

Incorrect. There is also the Mobil Travel Guide's system, which
has five stars maximum, awarded to such places as Lutece and
Jean-Georges in NYC, and Charlie Trotter's in Chicago.

Live and learn. Next!
--
dgs

dgs

Steve Wertz wrote:

> [...]
> When you speak of 'stars', you're referring to the Michelin rating
> system. Which only has 3 stars maximum.
>
> No stars for you! Next!

Incorrect. There is also the Mobil Travel Guide's system, which
has five stars maximum, awarded to such places as Lutece and
Jean-Georges in NYC, and Charlie Trotter's in Chicago.

Live and learn. Next!
--
dgs

Steve Wertz

On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 12:07:34 -0700, dgs >
wrote:

>Steve Wertz wrote:
>
>> [...]
>> When you speak of 'stars', you're referring to the Michelin rating
>> system. Which only has 3 stars maximum.
>>
>> No stars for you! Next!

>Incorrect. There is also the Mobil Travel Guide's system, which
>has five stars maximum, awarded to such places as Lutece and
>Jean-Georges in NYC, and Charlie Trotter's in Chicago.

Many local newspapers use a star rating system, but they're hardly
well-known authorities on gourmet cuisine.

The default star rating system is Michelin.

-sw

dgs

Steve Wertz wrote:

> On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 12:07:34 -0700, dgs >
> wrote:
>
>>Steve Wertz wrote:
>>
>>>[...]
>>>When you speak of 'stars', you're referring to the Michelin rating
>>>system. Which only has 3 stars maximum.
>>>
>>>No stars for you! Next!

>>Incorrect. There is also the Mobil Travel Guide's system, which
>>has five stars maximum, awarded to such places as Lutece and
>>Jean-Georges in NYC, and Charlie Trotter's in Chicago.

> Many local newspapers use a star rating system, but they're hardly
> well-known authorities on gourmet cuisine.

The Mobil Travel Guide is a very well-known authority on gourmet cuisine
in the United States. It's the USA's equivalent of the Michelin Guide.
The Mobil Guide is most certainly *not* a local newspaper - it's nation-
wide.

> The default star rating system is Michelin.

Only in Europe. There is no Michelin Red Guide for the USA (or any
part of it).
--
dgs

dgs

Steve Wertz wrote:

> On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 12:07:34 -0700, dgs >
> wrote:
>
>>Steve Wertz wrote:
>>
>>>[...]
>>>When you speak of 'stars', you're referring to the Michelin rating
>>>system. Which only has 3 stars maximum.
>>>
>>>No stars for you! Next!

>>Incorrect. There is also the Mobil Travel Guide's system, which
>>has five stars maximum, awarded to such places as Lutece and
>>Jean-Georges in NYC, and Charlie Trotter's in Chicago.

> Many local newspapers use a star rating system, but they're hardly
> well-known authorities on gourmet cuisine.

The Mobil Travel Guide is a very well-known authority on gourmet cuisine
in the United States. It's the USA's equivalent of the Michelin Guide.
The Mobil Guide is most certainly *not* a local newspaper - it's nation-
wide.

> The default star rating system is Michelin.

Only in Europe. There is no Michelin Red Guide for the USA (or any
part of it).
--
dgs

dgs

aesthete8 wrote:

> How would you judge it?

Depends on the mall.

> Is it a shining example of multiculturalism?

In one mall in the region, yes.

> Or more a salute to accessible mediocrity?

In most of the rest of them, yes.
--
dgs