Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants

Default Long Beach restaurant recommendations?

An upcoming trip will take me to Long Beach, California. Are there any
places where I ought to make a point of eating?

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants

Bob Terwilliger wrote:
> An upcoming trip will take me to Long Beach, California. Are there any
> places where I ought to make a point of eating?
>
> Bob

We were there a few years ago at a conference and came upon a very
nice Spanish restaurant with very nice live guitar music.
Good food, good wine and sangria.

Can't remember the name, however.

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants

On Jul 11, 8:48*am, "Bob Terwilliger" >
wrote:
> An upcoming trip will take me to Long Beach, California. Are there any
> places where I ought to make a point of eating?
>
> Bob

Bob, it may not be the best food you will ever eat, but the experience
of dining on the Queen Mary in Longbeach was very enjoyable. I had a
salad and it was good.
The real fun though is pretending you're dining with the Astors or
Lord and Lady Hoity Toity in the age of luxury cruising.

Mookie
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants

On Jul 11, 9:56*am, Gloria P > wrote:
> Bob Terwilliger wrote:
> > An upcoming trip will take me to Long Beach, California. Are there any
> > places where I ought to make a point of eating?

> > Bob

> We were there a few years ago at a conference and came upon a very
> nice Spanish restaurant with very nice live guitar music.
> Good food, good wine and sangria.
>
> Can't remember the name, however.
>
> gloria p

It's Cafe Sevilla on Pine St. Lots of other restaurant choices in
that 2-3 block area (I like "L'Opera")

pp.