Posted to rec.food.restaurants
AEH AEH is offline

Default seek grilled fish in San Jose areas

I am seeking grilled fish in San Jose south bay silicon valley areas.
This is probably the nearest recipe I found in the internet
http://www.dishbase.com/recipe/portu...lled-sardines/
This one is called Portuguese Grilled Sardines.
Please allow me to explain. I was in Amsterdam recently.
We went out for dinner and search for different food every evening.
One night, we dined at a Indonesian restaurant. We were served
a number of small dishes. One of the dishes were grilled small fishes,
looked like this photo:
http://www.dishbase.com/recipe_image...2056020821.jpg
That was the dish I have been trying to find since I am back to the States.
Can you please tell me if there are any similar dish here?
Also, I have tried to BBQ grill fish myself, but disappointingly, my fish
skin came off, which was the best tasting part. Thank you.

Posted to rec.food.restaurants,ba.food

On Sat, 4 Jul 2009 11:11:53 -0700, AEH wrote:

> I am seeking grilled fish in San Jose south bay silicon valley areas.
> This is probably the nearest recipe I found in the internet
> http://www.dishbase.com/recipe/portu...lled-sardines/
> This one is called Portuguese Grilled Sardines.
> Please allow me to explain. I was in Amsterdam recently.
> We went out for dinner and search for different food every evening.
> One night, we dined at a Indonesian restaurant. We were served
> a number of small dishes. One of the dishes were grilled small fishes,
> looked like this photo:
> http://www.dishbase.com/recipe_image...2056020821.jpg
> That was the dish I have been trying to find since I am back to the States.
> Can you please tell me if there are any similar dish here?
> Also, I have tried to BBQ grill fish myself, but disappointingly, my fish
> skin came off, which was the best tasting part. Thank you.

You need to post this to ba.food. 'ba' stands for Bay Area (San
Jose/San Francisco, not Boston).

Here - I'll crosspost it there for you...

ObBaRestaurants: Straw Hat Pizza came in 5th in top 25 rising
restaurants, according to Restaurant Business magazine.

<http://www.monkeydish.com/2008062326236/searchable/the-future-50-2009.html#Straw>

Have they turned into some sort of Chuck E Cheese, because I didn't
know a single adult who liked their pizza. I ate there twice. Once
in 1985 (Sunnyvale) and again in 1994 (North San Jose). Looks liek
they're both gone.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.restaurants,ba.food

Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sat, 4 Jul 2009 11:11:53 -0700, AEH wrote:
>
>> I am seeking grilled fish in San Jose south bay silicon valley areas.
>> This is probably the nearest recipe I found in the internet
>> http://www.dishbase.com/recipe/portu...lled-sardines/
>> This one is called Portuguese Grilled Sardines.

My friend who regularly dines at Phil's Fish Market in Moss Landing says
they have excellent grilled sardines. I haven't tried them myself but
everything else I've tried at Phil's has been excellent.

jc
Posted to rec.food.restaurants,ba.food

On Jul 5, 7:37*pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
> On Sat, 4 Jul 2009 11:11:53 -0700, AEH wrote:

> > Also, I have tried to BBQ grill fish myself, but disappointingly, my fish
> > skin came off, which was the best tasting part. Thank you.

Grease the grill, or use a special non-stick gadget made for grilling
fish.

> ObBaRestaurants: Straw Hat Pizza came in 5th in top 25 rising
> restaurants, according to Restaurant Business magazine.
>
> <http://www.monkeydish.com/2008062326236/searchable/the-future-50-2009...>
>
> Have they turned into some sort of Chuck E Cheese, because I didn't
> know a single adult who liked their pizza. *I ate there twice. *Once
> in 1985 (Sunnyvale) and again in 1994 (North San Jose). *Looks liek
> they're both gone.

In the mid-80s there was a group of cow-orkers who went there weekly
as part of their Friday movie night. They preferred the one on El
Camino. So there were some eight adults who liked their pizza.

They are not notably geared to children. The remaining Straw Hats were
the non-company stores left after corporate Straw Hat sold out to
Pizza Hut. The ones you remember may have been company-owned stores.

I see the former Straw Hat in Santa Cruz is now a Mexican joint.
Posted to rec.food.restaurants,ba.food
AEH AEH is offline

"JC Dill" > wrote in message

> My friend who regularly dines at Phil's Fish Market in Moss Landing says
> they have excellent grilled sardines. I haven't tried them myself but
> everything else I've tried at Phil's has been excellent.
>
> jc

JC, thanks. I did not find any grilled fish at Phils' web site
http://www.philsfishmarket.com/

Posted to rec.food.restaurants,ba.food

In article >, JC Dill >
wrote:

> Sqwertz wrote:
> > On Sat, 4 Jul 2009 11:11:53 -0700, AEH wrote:
> >
> >> I am seeking grilled fish in San Jose south bay silicon valley areas.
> >> This is probably the nearest recipe I found in the internet
> >> http://www.dishbase.com/recipe/portu...lled-sardines/
> >> This one is called Portuguese Grilled Sardines.

> My friend who regularly dines at Phil's Fish Market in Moss Landing says
> they have excellent grilled sardines. I haven't tried them myself but
> everything else I've tried at Phil's has been excellent.
>
> jc

I don't know where you can find sardines but you can get grilled salmon
and halibut at Original Joe's in San Jose. (301 S. First Street)

D.M.
Posted to rec.food.restaurants,ba.food

AEH wrote:
> "JC Dill" > wrote in message
>>
>> My friend who regularly dines at Phil's Fish Market in Moss Landing
>> says they have excellent grilled sardines. I haven't tried them
>> myself but everything else I've tried at Phil's has been excellent.
>>
>> jc

> JC, thanks. I did not find any grilled fish at Phils' web site
> http://www.philsfishmarket.com/

It's on the menu over the cash register.

jc
Posted to rec.food.restaurants,ba.food

"JC Dill" > wrote in message

>> JC, thanks. I did not find any grilled fish at Phils' web site
>> http://www.philsfishmarket.com/
>>

> It's on the menu over the cash register.
>
> jc

But in their menu, no grilled fish of any kind?
http://www.philsfishmarket.com/pdfs/...fishmarket.pdf

Vietnamese grilled fish! Cloudbuster General Cooking 8 03-05-2016 10:23 PM
seek sweet white wine in San Jose South Bay area news.la.sbcglobal.net[_2_] Wine 11 08-09-2007 07:52 PM
Grilled Fish Chunks Duckie ® Recipes 0 03-09-2005 05:25 PM
Get me out of my grilled fish rut... [email protected] General Cooking 37 03-09-2004 02:40 PM
Grilled Fish PENMART01 General Cooking 1 26-05-2004 08:31 PM