Posted to rec.food.restaurants,ba.food,alt.food.asian

Default Death to cilantro!

Ciccio > wrote in message
[snippety do dah]
> Perhaps, it's part of Indian social mores not to make
> such inquiries.

Just say, "Perhaps it's part of Western European and US social mores to
reflexively ask, "What's that?" Many asian and Indian cultures wouldn't
think to make such an inquiry...

The Ranger

Posted to rec.food.restaurants,ba.food,alt.food.asian

On Apr 26, 6:23*pm, "The Ranger" > wrote:
> Ciccio > wrote in message

> Just say, "Perhaps it's part of Western European and US social mores to
> reflexively ask, "What's that?"

At the risk of sounding ethnocentric, then obviously our way is
better, since guests and patrons wouldn't get served what they
dislike. Unless, I'm missing the positive aspect of serving people
food they dislike or are allergic to.

> Many asian and Indian cultures wouldn't think to make such an inquiry...

So, I was right, it is part of their social mores...Interesting.

Ciccio
Posted to rec.food.restaurants,ba.food,alt.food.asian

"The Ranger" > writes:

> Ciccio > wrote in message
> [snippety do dah]
>> Perhaps, it's part of Indian social mores not to make
>> such inquiries.

> Just say, "Perhaps it's part of Western European and US social mores to
> reflexively ask, "What's that?" Many asian and Indian cultures wouldn't
> think to make such an inquiry...

Hm... this is news to me.

rsi