Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants

Default Waitress: "How does everything taste?"

A few restaurants have trained their wait-droids to ask, "How does
everything taste?" instead of the usual, "Can I get you anything?"
or, "Is everything OK here? <smile>".

Does the term, "How does everything taste?" kinda throw people off?
Granted, that's our cue to ask for more drinks or condiments, but do
I really want to go into detail and tell them how everything tastes?

It really gives me the Willies to hear them ask that - it just comes
out as so ingenuine, IMO.

So last weekend when we were asked "How does everything taste?", we
both said the sauteed mushrooms were terribly salty and we really
didn't want them on the table taking up space.

So the waitress offered to rinse them off for us. Duh.

County Line BBQ "On The Lake", Austin TX. Sunday 1/4/09 at 5:10PM.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants

In article >,
Sqwertz > wrote:

> A few restaurants have trained their wait-droids to ask, "How does
> everything taste?" instead of the usual, "Can I get you anything?"
> or, "Is everything OK here? <smile>".
>
> Does the term, "How does everything taste?" kinda throw people off?
> Granted, that's our cue to ask for more drinks or condiments, but do
> I really want to go into detail and tell them how everything tastes?
>
> It really gives me the Willies to hear them ask that - it just comes
> out as so ingenuine, IMO.

That's because it is. Words are not always what they seem. If you run
into somebody you barely know somewhere, and they ask you how you are
doing, you know that's not your cue to explain, in great detail, your
joint problems, your job problems and your marriage problems. You can
pretty much figure out what's appropriate. Same thing with the server.
There're just checking in to see if you want more water, condiments or
the dessert menu.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants

Sqwertz wrote:
> A few restaurants have trained their wait-droids to ask, "How does
> everything taste?" instead of the usual, "Can I get you anything?"
> or, "Is everything OK here? <smile>".

Are you kidding? That's a very strange question.

> Does the term, "How does everything taste?" kinda throw people off?
> Granted, that's our cue to ask for more drinks or condiments,

To me they should get a cue because they notice my drink
is empty or I look around for them. Be that as it may, How
does everything taste requires some kind of answer like ...
Good? Yummy? What are they, fishing for a compliment?

> It really gives me the Willies to hear them ask that - it just comes
> out as so ingenuine, IMO.

I can't quite put my finger on it, but it's kind of creepy.

> So last weekend when we were asked "How does everything taste?", we
> both said the sauteed mushrooms were terribly salty and we really
> didn't want them on the table taking up space.
>
> So the waitress offered to rinse them off for us. Duh.

Lovely.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>A few restaurants have trained their wait-droids to ask, "How does
> everything taste?" instead of the usual, "Can I get you anything?"
> or, "Is everything OK here? <smile>".
>
> Does the term, "How does everything taste?" kinda throw people off?
> Granted, that's our cue to ask for more drinks or condiments, but do
> I really want to go into detail and tell them how everything tastes?
>
> It really gives me the Willies to hear them ask that - it just comes
> out as so ingenuine, IMO.
>
> So last weekend when we were asked "How does everything taste?", we
> both said the sauteed mushrooms were terribly salty and we really
> didn't want them on the table taking up space.
>
> So the waitress offered to rinse them off for us. Duh.
>
> County Line BBQ "On The Lake", Austin TX. Sunday 1/4/09 at 5:10PM.

One would expect a "waitress" at such a fine establishment to be much more
savvy.

You think?

Jesus. When you eat at a greasy spoon, spare us the details.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants

cybercat > wrote:

> Jesus. When you eat at a greasy spoon, spare us the details.

You still entertain us with the shit you cooking your kitchen.

County Line is a few rungs above your kitchen. Yet you still
entertain us with the shit you cook.

And you apparently don't have a clue about TX BBQ - CL is a very
fancy place in BBQ terms.

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>A few restaurants have trained their wait-droids to ask, "How does
> everything taste?" instead of the usual, "Can I get you anything?"
> or, "Is everything OK here? <smile>".
>
> Does the term, "How does everything taste?" kinda throw people off?
> Granted, that's our cue to ask for more drinks or condiments, but do
> I really want to go into detail and tell them how everything tastes?
>
> It really gives me the Willies to hear them ask that - it just comes
> out as so ingenuine, IMO.
>
> So last weekend when we were asked "How does everything taste?", we
> both said the sauteed mushrooms were terribly salty and we really
> didn't want them on the table taking up space.
>
> So the waitress offered to rinse them off for us. Duh.
>
> County Line BBQ "On The Lake", Austin TX. Sunday 1/4/09 at 5:10PM.
>
> -sw

Granted, I don't go out to eat often (I cook better stuff at home for much
less money). But I've never heard a server ask, "How does everything
taste?" Methinks this is a fabrication. It's certainly not a cue to ask
for condiments or beverages. If the food sucks the patrons will let a
server know without being asked.

Maybe you should stop eating in chain restaurants. Your mention of "droids"
clearly indicates you go to places where they have some sort of corporate
script to follow. Try eating in places where the kitchen staff actually
give a shit about whether or not their food is good and the servers aren't
"droids".

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants

On Tue, 13 Jan 2009 14:14:12 +0000, Michael \"Dog3\" wrote:

> Sqwertz > :
> in rec.food.cooking
>
>> A few restaurants have trained their wait-droids to ask, "How does
>> everything taste?" instead of the usual, "Can I get you anything?" or,
>> "Is everything OK here? <smile>".
>>
>> Does the term, "How does everything taste?" kinda throw people off?
>> Granted, that's our cue to ask for more drinks or condiments, but do I
>> really want to go into detail and tell them how everything tastes?
>>
>> It really gives me the Willies to hear them ask that - it just comes
>> out as so ingenuine, IMO.

> I dine out a lot and not once has a waitunit asked me "how does
> everything taste"? Not even the chain restaurants. Sure, they all have
> their little 'canned' script when checking back. I think I would laugh
> if they asked me how everything tasted and gone into this lengthy
> diatribe how *I* would change the taste, texture etc. The goal of
> course would be to watch the waitunit's eyes glaze over and try to find
> a way to squirm out of the conversation. "How does everything taste" is
> a little off-putting to me. It's almost like they are experimenting with
> the food and looking for patron feedback.
>

>> So last weekend when we were asked "How does everything taste?", we
>> both said the sauteed mushrooms were terribly salty and we really
>> didn't want them on the table taking up space.
>>
>> So the waitress offered to rinse them off for us. Duh.

> LOL...
>

>> County Line BBQ "On The Lake", Austin TX. Sunday 1/4/09 at 5:10PM.

> Is this a chain restaurant?

http://www.countyline.com/
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message

>A few restaurants have trained their wait-droids to ask, "How does
> everything taste?" instead of the usual, "Can I get you anything?"
> or, "Is everything OK here? <smile>".

> Does the term, "How does everything taste?" kinda throw people off?
> Granted, that's our cue to ask for more drinks or condiments, but do
> I really want to go into detail and tell them how everything tastes?

I've never heard that.

I think I'd respond, "You'll find out when my review comes out in tomorrow's
paper."

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants

On Mon, 12 Jan 2009 22:24:19 -0600, Sqwertz wrote:

> A few restaurants have trained their wait-droids to ask, "How does
> everything taste?" instead of the usual, "Can I get you anything?"
> or, "Is everything OK here? <smile>".
>
> Does the term, "How does everything taste?" kinda throw people off?
> Granted, that's our cue to ask for more drinks or condiments, but do
> I really want to go into detail and tell them how everything tastes?
>
> It really gives me the Willies to hear them ask that - it just comes
> out as so ingenuine, IMO.
>
> So last weekend when we were asked "How does everything taste?", we
> both said the sauteed mushrooms were terribly salty and we really
> didn't want them on the table taking up space.
>
> So the waitress offered to rinse them off for us. Duh.
>
> County Line BBQ "On The Lake", Austin TX. Sunday 1/4/09 at 5:10PM.
>
> -sw

that's a new one on me.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants

On Tue, 13 Jan 2009 00:28:58 -0500, Nancy Young wrote:

> Sqwertz wrote:
>> A few restaurants have trained their wait-droids to ask, "How does
>> everything taste?" instead of the usual, "Can I get you anything?"
>> or, "Is everything OK here? <smile>".

> Are you kidding? That's a very strange question.
>
>> Does the term, "How does everything taste?" kinda throw people off?
>> Granted, that's our cue to ask for more drinks or condiments,

> To me they should get a cue because they notice my drink
> is empty or I look around for them. Be that as it may, How
> does everything taste requires some kind of answer like ...
> Good? Yummy? What are they, fishing for a compliment?

'like ass.'

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants

blake murphy wrote:

> On Mon, 12 Jan 2009 22:24:19 -0600, Sqwertz wrote:
>
> > A few restaurants have trained their wait-droids to ask, "How does
> > everything taste?" instead of the usual, "Can I get you anything?"
> > or, "Is everything OK here? <smile>".
> >
> > Does the term, "How does everything taste?" kinda throw people off?
> > Granted, that's our cue to ask for more drinks or condiments, but do
> > I really want to go into detail and tell them how everything tastes?
> >
> > It really gives me the Willies to hear them ask that - it just comes
> > out as so ingenuine, IMO.
> >
> > So last weekend when we were asked "How does everything taste?", we
> > both said the sauteed mushrooms were terribly salty and we really
> > didn't want them on the table taking up space.
> >
> > So the waitress offered to rinse them off for us. Duh.
> >
> > County Line BBQ "On The Lake", Austin TX. Sunday 1/4/09 at 5:10PM.
> >
> > -sw

> that's a new one on me.

One wonders if Steve is joshing...

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants

In article >,
"Michael \"Dog3\"" > wrote:

> Besides, greasy spoons have the best food sometimes.
>
> Michael

Top Diner on Lyndale Avenue North in Minneapolis. Best hash browns in
town. I don't think they're in business anymore ‹ been years since I
was there.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
<http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/amytaylor>
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants

On Jan 12, 10:24*pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
> A few restaurants have trained their wait-droids to ask, "How does
> everything taste?" instead of the usual, "Can I get you anything?"
> or, "Is everything OK here? <smile>".
>
> Does the term, "How does everything taste?" kinda throw people off?
> Granted, that's our cue to ask for more drinks or condiments, but do
> I really want to go into detail and tell them how everything tastes?
>
> It really gives me the Willies to hear them ask that - it just comes
> out as so ingenuine, IMO. *
>
> So last weekend when we were asked "How does everything taste?", we
> both said the sauteed mushrooms were terribly salty and we really
> didn't want them on the table taking up space.
>
> So the waitress offered to rinse them off for us. *Duh.
>
> County Line BBQ "On The Lake", Austin TX. *Sunday 1/4/09 at 5:10PM.
>
> -sw

Beats the hell out of "How is everything tasting?" Answer: "I don't
know, I didn't ask it."
Personally, I think I'll switch to the detailed description/review.
Maybe a take off on a wine critique: "The burger has a bold opening
note followed by good body and hints of onion and peach, but the
finish is definitely too "oakey" .
Lynn in Fargo
(former English major)
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants

In article
Lynn from Fargo > wrote:

> Beats the hell out of "How is everything tasting?" Answer: "I don't
> know, I didn't ask it." Personally, I think I'll switch to the
> detailed description/review. Maybe a take off on a wine critique:
> "The burger has a bold opening note followed by good body and hints
> of onion and peach, but the finish is definitely too "oakey" .

> Lynn in Fargo
> (former English major)

Go, Lynn!! LOL! (Do you ever listen to Grammar Girl's podcasts?) Last
week on a radio program the host was complimenting the Wine Weenie OTD,
the son of a local liquor/wine store owner. Host saying the son is as
good as his dad. Son recalled that he'd once heard all one needs to be
wine critic is a bottle of wine and a big mouth. :-)
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
<http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/amytaylor>
December 27, 2008, 7:30 a.m.: "I have fixed my roof,
I have mended my fences; now let the winter winds blow."
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants

Michael "Dog3" wrote in rec.food.restaurants:
> Sqwertz > :
> in rec.food.cooking
>
>> A few restaurants have trained their wait-droids to ask, "How does
>> everything taste?" instead of the usual, "Can I get you anything?"
>> or, "Is everything OK here? <smile>".
>>
>> Does the term, "How does everything taste?" kinda throw people off?
>> Granted, that's our cue to ask for more drinks or condiments, but do
>> I really want to go into detail and tell them how everything tastes?
>>
>> It really gives me the Willies to hear them ask that - it just comes
>> out as so ingenuine, IMO.

> I dine out a lot and not once has a waitunit asked me "how does
> everything taste"? Not even the chain restaurants. Sure, they all have
> their little 'canned' script when checking back. I think I would laugh
> if they asked me how everything tasted and gone into this lengthy
> diatribe how *I* would change the taste, texture etc. The goal of course
> would be to watch the waitunit's eyes glaze over and try to find a way to
> squirm out of the conversation. "How does everything taste" is a little
> off-putting to me. It's almost like they are experimenting with the food
> and looking for patron feedback.
>
>> So last weekend when we were asked "How does everything taste?", we
>> both said the sauteed mushrooms were terribly salty and we really
>> didn't want them on the table taking up space.
>>
>> So the waitress offered to rinse them off for us. Duh.

I've been asked this question in a chain restaurant. I think I was asked
because I ordered an item that was being tested to see if it was going to be
added to the menu chain wide.

I agree the question isn't a normal one from a waitperson, but more normal from
a managerunit who might have a Q/A reason for asking.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>A few restaurants have trained their wait-droids to ask, "How does
> everything taste?" instead of the usual, "Can I get you anything?"
> or, "Is everything OK here? <smile>".

Actually although not practiced today the "is everything OK" statement was a
transfer of liability and agreement to pay for the food statement under Old
English Common Law. Up to that point the diner (usually in country Inns)
were allowed to return the food as it may have been spoiled. We need to
remember refrigeration and food preservation is a fairly recent thing.

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants

On Tue, 13 Jan 2009 08:50:55 -0800 (PST), Lynn from Fargo wrote:

> On Jan 12, 10:24*pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
>> A few restaurants have trained their wait-droids to ask, "How does
>> everything taste?" instead of the usual, "Can I get you anything?"
>> or, "Is everything OK here? <smile>".
>>
>> Does the term, "How does everything taste?" kinda throw people off?
>> Granted, that's our cue to ask for more drinks or condiments, but do
>> I really want to go into detail and tell them how everything tastes?
>>
>> It really gives me the Willies to hear them ask that - it just comes
>> out as so ingenuine, IMO. *
>>
>> So last weekend when we were asked "How does everything taste?", we
>> both said the sauteed mushrooms were terribly salty and we really
>> didn't want them on the table taking up space.
>>
>> So the waitress offered to rinse them off for us. *Duh.
>>
>> County Line BBQ "On The Lake", Austin TX. *Sunday 1/4/09 at 5:10PM.
>>
>> -sw

> ================================================== ======
>
> Beats the hell out of "How is everything tasting?" Answer: "I don't
> know, I didn't ask it."
> Personally, I think I'll switch to the detailed description/review.
> Maybe a take off on a wine critique: "The burger has a bold opening
> note followed by good body and hints of onion and peach, but the
> finish is definitely too "oakey" .
> Lynn in Fargo
> (former English major)

what do you mean 'former'? haven't you ever heard the question 'are you
now or have you ever been?'

you're branded for life, girlie.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants

blake murphy wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Jan 2009 08:50:55 -0800 (PST), Lynn from Fargo wrote:
>
>> On Jan 12, 10:24 pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
>>> A few restaurants have trained their wait-droids to ask, "How does
>>> everything taste?" instead of the usual, "Can I get you anything?"
>>> or, "Is everything OK here? <smile>".
>>>
>>> Does the term, "How does everything taste?" kinda throw people off?
>>> Granted, that's our cue to ask for more drinks or condiments, but do
>>> I really want to go into detail and tell them how everything tastes?
>>>
>>> It really gives me the Willies to hear them ask that - it just comes
>>> out as so ingenuine, IMO.
>>>
>>> So last weekend when we were asked "How does everything taste?", we
>>> both said the sauteed mushrooms were terribly salty and we really
>>> didn't want them on the table taking up space.
>>>
>>> So the waitress offered to rinse them off for us. Duh.
>>>
>>> County Line BBQ "On The Lake", Austin TX. Sunday 1/4/09 at 5:10PM.
>>>
>>> -sw

>> ================================================== ======
>>
>> Beats the hell out of "How is everything tasting?" Answer: "I don't
>> know, I didn't ask it."
>> Personally, I think I'll switch to the detailed description/review.
>> Maybe a take off on a wine critique: "The burger has a bold opening
>> note followed by good body and hints of onion and peach, but the
>> finish is definitely too "oakey" .
>> Lynn in Fargo
>> (former English major)

> what do you mean 'former'? haven't you ever heard the question 'are you
> now or have you ever been?'
>
> you're branded for life, girlie.

Being an English major has its perks. When I was a single mom and
couldn't afford more than one drink and paying the sitter to go out
occasionally, I would bet people a drink that they couldn't tell what
language I was speaking. After I lined up an evening's worth of takers,
I recited the prologue (first 18 lines) to "Canterbury Tales" in perfect
Middle English. No one ever guessed I was speaking English. I enjoyed
the beverages. <vbg>

BTW, lots of English Majors memorized that prologue as a course requirement.
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants

On Jan 14, 4:17*pm, Janet Wilder > wrote:
> blake murphy wrote:

> >> ================================================== ======

> >> Beats the hell out of "How is everything tasting?" *Answer: "I don't
> >> know, I didn't ask it."
> >> Personally, I think I'll switch to the detailed description/review.
> >> Maybe a take off on a wine critique: *"The burger has a bold opening
> >> note followed by good body and hints of onion and peach, but the
> >> finish is definitely too "oakey" .
> >> Lynn in Fargo
> >> (former English major)

> > what do you mean 'former'? *haven't you ever heard the question 'are you
> > now or have you ever been?' *

> > you're branded for life, girlie.

> Being an English major has its perks. When I was a single mom and
> couldn't afford more than one drink and paying the sitter to go out
> occasionally, I would bet people a drink that they couldn't tell what
> language I was speaking. After I lined up an evening's worth of takers,
> I recited the prologue (first 18 lines) to "Canterbury Tales" in perfect
> Middle English. No one ever guessed I was speaking English. I enjoyed
> the beverages. <vbg>
>
> BTW, lots of English Majors memorized that prologue as a course requirement.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants

Lynn from Fargo wrote:
> On Jan 14, 4:17 pm, Janet Wilder > wrote:
>> blake murphy wrote:
>>> what do you mean 'former'? haven't you ever heard the question 'are you
>>> now or have you ever been?'
>>> you're branded for life, girlie.

>> Being an English major has its perks. When I was a single mom and
>> couldn't afford more than one drink and paying the sitter to go out
>> occasionally, I would bet people a drink that they couldn't tell what
>> language I was speaking. After I lined up an evening's worth of takers,
>> I recited the prologue (first 18 lines) to "Canterbury Tales" in perfect
>> Middle English. No one ever guessed I was speaking English. I enjoyed
>> the beverages. <vbg>
>>
>> BTW, lots of English Majors memorized that prologue as a course requirement.

> Do you think Beowulf would work?
> Lynn in Fargo

I think so. That's Old English.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants

jmcquown > wrote:

> But I've never heard a server ask, "How does everything
> taste?" Methinks this is a fabrication.

This is why people think you're such a bitch.

> Maybe you should stop eating in chain restaurants. Your mention of "droids"
> clearly indicates you go to places where they have some sort of corporate
> script to follow. Try eating in places where the kitchen staff actually
> give a shit about whether or not their food is good and the servers aren't
> "droids".

Unlike you I have friends. And sometimes I go out with these people
not so much for the food, but for the company.

Now go **** yourself, you dumb ****.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants

"Michael "Dog3"" > wrote:

> I dine out a lot and not once has a waitunit asked me "how does
> everything taste"?

It's funny how people doubt something that they've never
experienced. It's like we have a new breed of Jerry Sauks who live
in their own little worlds.

<http://sidesalad.net/archives/001503.html>
<http://www.yelp.com/biz/granite-city-food-and-brewery-cedar-rapids#hrid:97V4UmKFtHMRF3mhhxBCjQ>
<http://community.livejournal.com/rateyourwaiter/3190.html>
<http://www.moviejuice.com/2008/saw_v>
(Olive Garden, no less - your favorite place)

And here's the phrase being written up int he NY Times:
<http://dinersjournal.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/11/07/serving-in-tongues/?apage=3>

And there's 350 more references to this phrase available in a simple
Google search for Jill and yours perusal, at your leisure, of
course.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants

Sqwertz wrote:

> jmcquown > wrote:
>
> > But I've never heard a server ask, "How does everything
> > taste?" Methinks this is a fabrication.

> This is why people think you're such a bitch.
>
> > Maybe you should stop eating in chain restaurants. Your mention of

"droids"
> > clearly indicates you go to places where they have some sort of

corporate
> > script to follow. Try eating in places where the kitchen staff actually
> > give a shit about whether or not their food is good and the servers

aren't
> > "droids".

> Unlike you I have friends. And sometimes I go out with these people
> not so much for the food, but for the company.
>
> Now go **** yourself, you dumb ****.

Lol...my thoughts *exactly*, Steve...!!!

;-P

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants

In article >, Sqwertz
> writes
>A few restaurants have trained their wait-droids to ask, "How does
>everything taste?" instead of the usual, "Can I get you anything?"
>or, "Is everything OK here? <smile>".

It's possible their training has stopped at the point where they try to
avoid asking, or paraphrase, questions to which the answer is a blunt
'yes' or 'no', as the 'no' response pretty much blocks any opening
gambit right away. (I've seen a training video aimed at sales people,
possibly by John Cleese, which made this point).

In the restaurant setting yes/no questions are appropriate when diners
have just commenced eating or are part way through their meals. I'd
expect to be asked 'is everything all right?', or even 'how is your
meal?' or 'how is everything?'.

It's before the customer has ordered, or once they've finished a course,
that the selling up kicks in and the yes/no question (and in particular
the 'no') needs to be avoided.
--
congokid
Eating out in London? Read my tips...
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants

On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 16:17:26 -0600, Janet Wilder wrote:

> blake murphy wrote:
>> On Tue, 13 Jan 2009 08:50:55 -0800 (PST), Lynn from Fargo wrote:
>>
>>> Lynn in Fargo
>>> (former English major)

>> what do you mean 'former'? haven't you ever heard the question 'are you
>> now or have you ever been?'
>>
>> you're branded for life, girlie.
>>

> Being an English major has its perks. When I was a single mom and
> couldn't afford more than one drink and paying the sitter to go out
> occasionally, I would bet people a drink that they couldn't tell what
> language I was speaking. After I lined up an evening's worth of takers,
> I recited the prologue (first 18 lines) to "Canterbury Tales" in perfect
> Middle English. No one ever guessed I was speaking English. I enjoyed
> the beverages. <vbg>
>
> BTW, lots of English Majors memorized that prologue as a course requirement.

good thing the other english majors were too poor to go to the bar.

my girlfriend once had absolutely convinced this yo-yo that she had written
'jabberwocky.' (she was a math major, oddly enough.)

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants

On 15 Jan 2009 13:07:34 GMT, Michael "Dog3" wrote:

> Sqwertz > :
> in rec.food.cooking
>
>> "Michael "Dog3"" > wrote:
>>
>>> I dine out a lot and not once has a waitunit asked me "how does
>>> everything taste"?

>> It's funny how people doubt something that they've never
>> experienced. It's like we have a new breed of Jerry Sauks who live
>> in their own little worlds.
>>

> Who the **** said anything about doubting you? I said I just never
> experienced a waitperson giving me that particular canned phrase. Having a
> low self esteem day Steve?
>
> Michael

well, jill did. it seems he was generalizing from that. i don't think
sheldon has been heard from on the matter.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants

Whenever I'm asked how it it tastes, I tell them, good or bad. I've had the
manager and cook come over and follow up, and I just say, "Hey, they asked
how the FOOD tastes, not if we wanted anything, or how everything was
going."

Don't ask me if you don't want to know.

Steve

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants

Sqwertz wrote:

> A few restaurants have trained their wait-droids to ask, "How does
> everything taste?" instead of the usual, "Can I get you anything?" or, "Is
> everything OK here? <smile>".
>
> Does the term, "How does everything taste?" kinda throw people off?
> Granted, that's our cue to ask for more drinks or condiments, but do I
> really want to go into detail and tell them how everything tastes?

"Like chicken."

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups -

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants

On Jan 15, 11:22*am, blake murphy > wrote:

> my girlfriend once had absolutely convinced this yo-yo that she had written
> 'jabberwocky.' *(she was a math major, oddly enough.)

Well, Charles Dodgson (Lewis Carroll's real name) was a mathematician.
There's a pleasing symmetry there.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants

On Thu, 15 Jan 2009 10:49:38 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> On Jan 15, 11:22*am, blake murphy > wrote:
>
>> my girlfriend once had absolutely convinced this yo-yo that she had written
>> 'jabberwocky.' *(she was a math major, oddly enough.)

> Well, Charles Dodgson (Lewis Carroll's real name) was a mathematician.
> There's a pleasing symmetry there.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

yep.

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants

Michael "Dog3" wrote:

> Sqwertz > :
> in rec.food.cooking
>
> > "Michael "Dog3"" > wrote:
> >
> >> I dine out a lot and not once has a waitunit asked me "how does
> >> everything taste"?

> > It's funny how people doubt something that they've never
> > experienced. It's like we have a new breed of Jerry Sauks who live
> > in their own little worlds.
> >

> Who the **** said anything about doubting you? I said I just never
> experienced a waitperson giving me that particular canned phrase. Having a
> low self esteem day Steve?

Nope, he's pondering where to take Jill for her Valentine's Day dinner...

;-)

--
Best
Greg

Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqwertz View Post
A few restaurants have trained their wait-droids to ask, "How does
everything taste?" instead of the usual, "Can I get you anything?"
or, "Is everything OK here? smile".

Does the term, "How does everything taste?" kinda throw people off?
Granted, that's our cue to ask for more drinks or condiments, but do
I really want to go into detail and tell them how everything tastes?

It really gives me the Willies to hear them ask that - it just comes
out as so ingenuine, IMO.

So last weekend when we were asked "How does everything taste?", we
both said the sauteed mushrooms were terribly salty and we really
didn't want them on the table taking up space.

So the waitress offered to rinse them off for us. Duh.

County Line BBQ "On The Lake", Austin TX. Sunday 1/4/09 at 5:10PM.

-sw
I'm a HRS student. I've learn about the services offer by a waiter. I'll share some of my knowledge about it.
A waiter should pull the chair for the customers, he fills the globets or drinking glasses with water, he's the one who's asking the orders and also arrange the ordered foods. A waiter should ask how's the taste of the foods so that he'll know if the foods are good or not.
__________________
http://www.lionsdeal.com
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cess View Post
I'm a HRS student. I've learn about the services offer by a waiter. I'll share some of my knowledge about it.
A waiter should pull the chair for the customers, he fills the globets or drinking glasses with water, he's the one who's asking the orders and also arrange the ordered foods. A waiter should ask how's the taste of the foods so that he'll know if the foods are good or not.
Oh, great you've learn a lot in your school.. Before I don't know why does waiters are asking "how does everything taste? but now I understand thanks for you r knowledge about it.
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden California Girls View Post
Michael "Dog3" wrote in rec.food.restaurants:
Sqwertz ost :
in rec.food.cooking

[...]

It should be implement in every restaurant to makes things and the food interesting.
Member

Is is true what you write?
I personally can't believe it. maybe this is only for some special places, not for all establishments