Old 16-01-2009, 07:18 PM posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants

Default Waitress: "How does everything taste?"

Michael "Dog3" wrote:

Sqwertz :
in rec.food.cooking

"Michael "Dog3"" wrote:

I dine out a lot and not once has a waitunit asked me "how does
everything taste"?

It's funny how people doubt something that they've never
experienced. It's like we have a new breed of Jerry Sauks who live
in their own little worlds.

Who the **** said anything about doubting you? I said I just never
experienced a waitperson giving me that particular canned phrase. Having a
low self esteem day Steve?

Nope, he's pondering where to take Jill for her Valentine's Day dinner...

;-)

--
Best
Greg

Old 24-01-2009, 06:22 AM
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqwertz View Post
A few restaurants have trained their wait-droids to ask, "How does
everything taste?" instead of the usual, "Can I get you anything?"
or, "Is everything OK here? smile".

Does the term, "How does everything taste?" kinda throw people off?
Granted, that's our cue to ask for more drinks or condiments, but do
I really want to go into detail and tell them how everything tastes?

It really gives me the Willies to hear them ask that - it just comes
out as so ingenuine, IMO.

So last weekend when we were asked "How does everything taste?", we
both said the sauteed mushrooms were terribly salty and we really
didn't want them on the table taking up space.

So the waitress offered to rinse them off for us. Duh.

County Line BBQ "On The Lake", Austin TX. Sunday 1/4/09 at 5:10PM.

-sw
I'm a HRS student. I've learn about the services offer by a waiter. I'll share some of my knowledge about it.
A waiter should pull the chair for the customers, he fills the globets or drinking glasses with water, he's the one who's asking the orders and also arrange the ordered foods. A waiter should ask how's the taste of the foods so that he'll know if the foods are good or not.
__________________
http://www.lionsdeal.com
Old 01-02-2009, 02:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cess View Post
I'm a HRS student. I've learn about the services offer by a waiter. I'll share some of my knowledge about it.
A waiter should pull the chair for the customers, he fills the globets or drinking glasses with water, he's the one who's asking the orders and also arrange the ordered foods. A waiter should ask how's the taste of the foods so that he'll know if the foods are good or not.
Oh, great you've learn a lot in your school.. Before I don't know why does waiters are asking "how does everything taste? but now I understand thanks for you r knowledge about it.
Old 09-05-2009, 07:00 AM
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden California Girls View Post
Michael "Dog3" wrote in rec.food.restaurants:
Sqwertz ost :
in rec.food.cooking

A few restaurants have trained their wait-droids to ask, "How does
everything taste?" instead of the usual, "Can I get you anything?"
or, "Is everything OK here? smile".

Does the term, "How does everything taste?" kinda throw people off?
Granted, that's our cue to ask for more drinks or condiments, but do
I really want to go into detail and tell them how everything tastes?

It really gives me the Willies to hear them ask that - it just comes
out as so ingenuine, IMO.

I dine out a lot and not once has a waitunit asked me "how does
everything taste"? Not even the chain restaurants. Sure, they all have
their little 'canned' script when checking back. I think I would laugh
if they asked me how everything tasted and gone into this lengthy
diatribe how *I* would change the taste, texture etc. The goal of course
would be to watch the waitunit's eyes glaze over and try to find a way to
squirm out of the conversation. "How does everything taste" is a little
off-putting to me. It's almost like they are experimenting with the food
and looking for patron feedback.

So last weekend when we were asked "How does everything taste?", we
both said the sauteed mushrooms were terribly salty and we really
didn't want them on the table taking up space.

So the waitress offered to rinse them off for us. Duh.

I've been asked this question in a chain restaurant. I think I was asked
because I ordered an item that was being tested to see if it was going to be
added to the menu chain wide.

I agree the question isn't a normal one from a waitperson, but more normal from
a managerunit who might have a Q/A reason for asking.
It should be implement in every restaurant to makes things and the food interesting.
Old 18-08-2009, 11:27 AM
Member

Is is true what you write?
I personally can't believe it. maybe this is only for some special places, not for all establishments