FoodBanter.com

-   Restaurants (https://www.foodbanter.com/restaurants/)
-   -   Improving my business restaurant (https://www.foodbanter.com/restaurants/162525-improving-my-business-restaurant.html)

paulcoox 08-10-2008 09:03 PM

Improving my business restaurant

Hi! I'm Paul and I've fish restaurant.
I would improve my business and increase efficiency, like decreasing service time, taking notes about stock, reservation, orders.
I would have under control everything.
So I'm looking for a software to manage the restaurant.
It should be something user friendly.

Could you help me?

Paul

lazarus3 24-10-2008 09:10 AM

Hi,

Take a look at

Easy Free Restaurant Ordering

you can find the best solution to manage restaurant.

It's available for ubuntu linux and mac.

It's free, easy to use and it's very nice.

Billy[_3_] 25-10-2008 01:29 AM

Improving my business restaurant

On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 09:10:11 +0100, lazarus3
> wrote:

>you can find the best solution to manage restaurant.

Students spend years in higher education learning those techniques.

Why would a common hat check girl from Club Babalou know how do run a
restaurant?

Shef26 17-12-2008 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulcoox (Post 1202564)
Hi! I'm Paul and I've fish restaurant.
I would improve my business and increase efficiency, like decreasing service time, taking notes about stock, reservation, orders.
I would have under control everything.
So I'm looking for a software to manage the restaurant.
It should be something user friendly.

Could you help me?

Paul

Hi

You can try Online Food/Menu Ordering System for Restaurant: Order Pizza Online for embedding online technology in your restaurant. The software helps you in improving your restaurant business by automatizing the services and thereby helping you in managing your restaurant business.

cess 24-01-2009 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulcoox (Post 1202564)
Hi! I'm Paul and I've fish restaurant.
I would improve my business and increase efficiency, like decreasing service time, taking notes about stock, reservation, orders.
I would have under control everything.
So I'm looking for a software to manage the restaurant.
It should be something user friendly.

Could you help me?

Paul

There are only two things to remember if you want to have great service in your restaurant:

1. You can train nice people to do anything, but you can't train people to be nice!
2. Once you hire nice people, you have to train them!

The biggest mistake any restaurateur makes is assuming. (I think we all know that old joke about breaking down the word "assume," so let's move on ) For example: Assuming that just because a new hire seems bright and friendly, she'll know what to do if a guest doesn't like his food.
Assuming that your new waitress will know how to answer the question, "What's the best dish on the menu?"

cez1 01-02-2009 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cess (Post 1260026)
There are only two things to remember if you want to have great service in your restaurant:

1. You can train nice people to do anything, but you can't train people to be nice!
2. Once you hire nice people, you have to train them!

The biggest mistake any restaurateur makes is assuming. (I think we all know that old joke about breaking down the word "assume," so let's move on ) For example: Assuming that just because a new hire seems bright and friendly, she'll know what to do if a guest doesn't like his food.
Assuming that your new waitress will know how to answer the question, "What's the best dish on the menu?"

Oh, that's right!!! Absolutely right.. waiters should know the best dish and the special foods of the restaurant.. So that when someone ask he can answer it, don't ever assume.

KCRestaurant 09-05-2009 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulcoox (Post 1202564)
Hi! I'm Paul and I've fish restaurant.
I would improve my business and increase efficiency, like decreasing service time, taking notes about stock, reservation, orders.
I would have under control everything.
So I'm looking for a software to manage the restaurant.
It should be something user friendly.

Could you help me?

Paul

You can try enrolling in a culinary school for some updates for innovation.