Posted to rec.sport.football.college,dc.dining,rec.food.restaurants,rec.food.cooking

Default Outta the Way Cafe - FBI listening post(?)

Maryland business man Chip Berman owns a restaurant/night club called
Outta the Way Cafe in Derwood, Maryland. I (Dave Sharp) performed
there, as a singer/guitarist from February 2005 through February 2006.
Mr. Berman enjoys a significant amount of business from local
musicians, but unfortunately, he gives them little in return. Mr.
Berman apparently allows his political views to influence the bands he
hires to perform at his cafe. For example, Mr. Berman regularly hires
a band, the Newports, whose bandleader, Blaine Smith, is an
Evangelical Christian Minister and founder of Nehemiah Ministries in
Damascus, Maryland. Mr. Smith has appeared on television with well-
known Evangelical Christians such as Pat Robertson on the TV program,
The 700 Club.

But all healthy friendships must come to an end. In November 2007,
Blaine Smith wrote a scathing message for Pat Robertson on a CNN blog
after Robertson endorsed pro-choice Republican presidential candidate,
former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani.

To continue, click he

http://www.akajohnadams.com/Chip_Berman.htm
Posted to rec.food.restaurants

On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 19:21:01 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

>Maryland business man Chip Berman owns a restaurant/night club

YOU put your name on the deed and you get to call the shots. Quit
whinning punk.

Posted to rec.food.restaurants

Default Bomb Threat of MD VFW linked to DC music organizations (WAS Outta theWay Cafe - FBI listening post?)

For Immediate Release
Contact:

April 22, 2008

SUBJECT: WAMA's congeniality award given to malevolent bully

Wammie recipient linked to bomb threat against veterans' organization

On Sunday, February 17, 2008, the Washington Area Music Association
(WAMA) gave Ron Goad a Wammie award for being the "most supportive of
Washington music." Since the award, an e-mail sent by Mr. Goad has
emerged that portrays him as a malevolent bully. (See e-mail below,
with expanded headers. Ref. Message # 1)

A series of e-mails also link Mr. Goad to a bomb threat against a
veterans' organization. Mr. Goad is a board member of Songwriters
Association of Washington, DC, a sister organization to WAMA. The
president of SAW was investigated by the Montgomery County Police for
inciting the stated bomb threat.

In the referenced e-mail, Mr. Goad made the following vulgar comment
local musician, Dave Sharp: "The proper way for you to position your
pinky is up your butt." Mr. Goad also called Mr. Sharp a "bumpkin
redneck" and issued a warning to Mr. Sharp: "You never know who you
might **** off, how stable they are, or how they might react, do
you?... It'll be fun for me, and then I can critique your performance
and let you know how good you really are so that you may improve." The
harassing e-mail from Mr. Goad to Mr. Sharp is dated October 17, 2007.

Shortly thereafter, Mr. Sharp received an anonymous e-mail from
someone who threatened to blow up the Veterans of Foreign Wars post in
Wheaton, Maryland if Mr. Sharp did not cancel a scheduled performance
with his musical group, the American Hot Club Band, at the Wheaton VFW
on October 20, 2007. The anonymous bomb threat e-mail is dated October
18, 2007. (See e-mail below, with expanded headers. Ref. Message # 2).

Mr. Sharp forwarded both e-mails to the Montgomery County Police who
conducted an investigation.

The Wammie awards are Washington, DC's version of the Grammy awards,
except few non-musicians have ever heard of Wammies. Last February,
Wammie awards were handed out at the State Theater in Falls Church,
Virginia. Tickets to the awards ceremony were $18.00 for WAMA members
and $25.00 for non-members. WAMAs claim the February 2008 Wammie
Awards was their 22nd ceremony.

What is WAMA?
WAMA has a website (
http://www.wamadc.com) which describes the
organization and its mission as follows:

"WAMA is a non-profit tax exempt organization of music industry
professionals committed to raising the profile of the region's diverse
music community. WAMA's main goal is to promote Washington area music
in general and to achieve national recognition of the region as an
important center for live and recorded music. Just as the nation's
capital is comprised of a rich cross section of cultures, WAMA's
membership embraces all musical styles from classical, bluegrass, go-
go, R&B, and reggae, to rock, jazz and folk. In short, WAMA is an
umbrella organization of musicians, concert promoters, lawyers,
recording engineers, managers, graphic artists, and related businesses
working together to address areas of common concern."

Mike Schreibman is the president of the WAMA. Other nominees for
WAMA's congeniality award were as follows: Damian Einstein, Mary
Cliff, Richard Harrington, David Eisner, Loralyn Coles, Ronnie
Newmeyer and Wayne Kahn

A detailed account of the bomb threat incident is in the following
article:

"SAW president investigated for inciting bomb threat against Veterans
group."
http://www.akajohnadams.com/SAW.htm

More information about WAMA's congeniality award to Ron Goad is in the
following article:

"WAMA's 08 congeniality award given to malevolent bully"
http://www.akajohnadams.com/WAMA.htm

The SAW article contains links to 32 e-mails, from October 12 through
October 26, 2007, exchanged among officers of SAW, the Montgomery
County Policy, Ron Goad, Dave Sharp and others regarding the October
20th, 2007 performance by the American Hot Club Band at the Wheaton
VFW and the related bomb threat.

END

=============================
Message # 1: From Ron Goad to Dave Sharp on Oct. 17, 2007. (Private e-
mail)

Synopsis: Mr. Goad goes ballistic on Mr. Sharp and makes numerous
personal, and vulgar, insults simply because Mr. Sharp stated that he
thinks Bill Mulroney is a terrible performer. He calls Sharp a
"bumpkin redneck" and tells him to put his "pinky up his butt." Goad
warns Sharp not to "**** off" the wrong person because they might
react in an unstable manner. He insinuates he might show up at Sharp's
gig and heckle his band, or worse.

From Wed Oct 17 07:36:58 2007
From:
Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 10:36:58 EDT
Subject: could NOT care less

Dear Dave,

You meant you could NOT care less, but you typed that you could care
less, which means that you do care some.

Your grammar level is as high as your manners, I see.

The proper way for you to position your pinky is up your butt.

When I come to one of your gigs, I will be sure to introduce myself to
you.

I'm sure your renditions of cover tunes will be rockin' and rollin',
yessiree.

I come from the country, the Shenandoah Valley, and we like city folks
and ways as much as you do, and I do not take rude crap from anyone,
so keep that in mind.

I can tell you are a bumpkin redneck at heart, just like me.

You never know who you might **** off, how stable they are, or how
they might react, do you?

Speaking of Mulroney endorsing war, I already urged you to declare
peace and show some smarts.

It'll be fun for me, and then I can critique your performance and let
you know how good you really are so that you may improve.

See you soon!

Ron

====================
Message # 2: From "Pandy Songs" anonymous bomb threat) to Dave Sharp
on Oct. 18, 2007. (Private)

Synopsis: Pandy Songs essentially threatens to blow up the VFW post
Wheaton, Maryland. He uses word "KaBOOM," which appears to be the
sound of an explosion. He makes the following threatening comments:
"You are not a veteran. You are not a veteran. You are not a veteran.
What right do you have? Cancel that show and stay away from
there." (Note: The message is clear. He says Sharp should cancel the
show, or the sender might set off a bomb at the VFW.)

From
Thu Oct 18 05:25:18 2007
From:
Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 08:25:18 EDT
Subject: (no subject)

you are not a veteran.
you are not a veteran.
you are not a veteran.
what right do you have?
cancel that show and stay away from there.

Miss Pandys KaBOOM

----