Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants,alt.restaurants

Default Strike Two: Cheesecake Factory does it again!

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

> "Just Visiting" > wrote in message
> > On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 21:27:01 GMT, "Julie Bove" >
> > wrote:
> >

> >>"Just Visiting" > wrote in message
> . ..

> >>How do you know the ingredients are in the kitchen? I'd be willing to bet
> >>their pasta dishes come frozen and pre-portioned.
> >>

> > Not as fancy as they would like it to appear, eh?

> You'd be amazed at what comes out of a box or bag nowadays.

One reason to go for a chain place that has an open kitchen setup like
Macaroni Grill, where you can at least see much of the cooking process.
Posted to rec.food.cooking, rec.food.restaurants, alt.restaurants

On Jan 20, 11:27�am, Just Visiting >
wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 13:21:38 -0500, "cybercat" >
> wrote:
>

> >"Just Visiting" > wrote in message
> .. .

> >> I'm starting to think of you as an arrogant, uncompassionate, spoiled,
> >> foul-mouthed individual that enjoys slandering others.

> >Do you cook, you silly mother****er?

> Sometimes, you, name caller, you.- Hide quoted text -

Maybe you could share your recipe for Fettuccine Alfredo. My guess is
you don't have any idea how to make it and what ingredients go into
it. Anyplace that has that many things on the menu is not going to
wait until someone orders something to prepare it, They did have a
Roasted Garlic Parmesan Cream Sauce Pasta, but that is not Fettuccine
Alfredo. Grow up, get a life, realize the world does not revolve
around you, quit acting like a spoiled brat. Life is so much happier
when you don't complain about every little thing. By the way, I like
Ginger Ale. Unless someplace also has a bar (which is rare here in
Utah) they aren't going to have Ginger Ale, so I drink water or iced
tea. No problem.
Vickie
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants,alt.restaurants

Golden California Girls wrote:

> Just Visiting wrote:
> > Listen Mr. Joe, you need to come out of your closet in your spare
> > bedroom, and see what's happening in Restaurant World. There's another
> > national chain that will serve FA on the side even though it's not
> > listed on their menu. It's not hard to prepare, you know.

> It is if all you have in the back are bags to toss into boiling water!

Wang and Pedro back in the kitchen are not gourmet chefs.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants,alt.restaurants

wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 13:21:38 -0500, "cybercat" >
> wrote:
>

> >"Just Visiting" > wrote in message
> .. .

> >> I'm starting to think of you as an arrogant, uncompassionate, spoiled,
> >> foul-mouthed individual that enjoys slandering others.

> >Do you cook, you silly mother****er?

> Sometimes, you, name caller, you.- Hide quoted text -

Maybe you could share your recipe for Fettuccine Alfredo. My guess is
you don't have any idea how to make it and what ingredients go into
it.

===============

Interesting point!

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants,alt.restaurants
Dan Dan is offline

Just Visiting wrote:

> This isn't Joe's Crab Shack, we're talkin' about. This is Cheesecale
> Factory that serves pasta and has all the ingredients to make
> fettucine alfredo. It is odd that they wouldn't serve pasta though.

You are out of you ****ing mind, fatass.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants,alt.restaurants
Dan Dan is offline

Dave Smith wrote:

>>> I'm starting to think of you as an arrogant, uncompassionate, spoiled,
>>> foul-mouthed individual that enjoys slandering others.

>> Reality: We don't know if you are male or female, so for now, you are an
>> "it". You could change that in your next response, if you can stop frothing
>> at the mouth for a moment.

> My bet is male and probably 15-16.

I'm guessing it's Sheldon's ex-boyfriend.

-dk
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants,alt.restaurants
Dan Dan is offline

Just Visiting wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 21:13:51 +1300, Miche >
> wrote:
>
>> In article >,
>> Just Visiting > wrote:
>>
>>> Ok, I learned that CF doesn't serve Dr. Pepper. Well, they don't serve
>>> fettuccine alfredo on the side either! At least the waitress was nice
>>> when she said, "We don't serve it like that." I thought it was a bit
>>> unusual but not enough to spoil the meal. I'll just have to get it at
>>> another restaurant that does serve it on the side. I can hardly wait
>>> to see what I can't order the next time!

>> How about you try ordering what's on the menu, and see if that makes a
>> difference?
>>
>> Miche

> I did! It was on the menu! Just not served as a side dish.

So order a plate of it and shut the **** up.

-dk
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants,alt.restaurants
Dan Dan is offline

Just Visiting wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 08:18:04 -0800 (PST), rosie >
> wrote:
>
>> On Jan 20, 1:09?am, Just Visiting >
>> wrote:
>>> Ok, I learned that CF doesn't serve Dr. Pepper. Well, they don't serve
>>> fettuccine alfredo on the side either! At least the waitress was nice
>>> when she said, "We don't serve it like that." ?I thought it was a bit
>>> unusual but not enough to spoil the meal. I'll just have to get it at
>>> another restaurant that does serve it on the side. I can hardly wait
>>> to see what I can't order the next time!

>> I like Cheesecake Factory. They have a varied menu, the service is
>> good, and the prices are reasonable. I dislike Dr Pepper.
>>
>> Rosie

> I like CF, too. But you don't know how they serve their food unless
> you ask, right? When you go to a restaurant, you eventually find out
> their rules for serving food and drinks. I disklike Mr. Pibb.

You're a ****ing whack job. Dining in a restaurant isn't that difficult.
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants,alt.restaurants

Dan wrote:

> > My bet is male and probably 15-16.
> >

> I'm guessing it's Sheldon's ex-boyfriend.

LMAO

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants,alt.restaurants

"Dan" > wrote

>>> Reality: We don't know if you are male or female, so for now, you are an
>>> "it". You could change that in your next response, if you can stop
>>> frothing
>>> at the mouth for a moment.

>> My bet is male and probably 15-16.
>>

> I'm guessing it's Sheldon's ex-boyfriend.

WHAT? Did they break up? I thought Sheldon saved enough at Costco
not to run out of the cash that sustained their relationship.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants,alt.restaurants

"Just Visiting" > wrote in message

>>How do you know the ingredients are in the kitchen? I'd be willing to bet
>>their pasta dishes come frozen and pre-portioned.
>>

> Not as fancy as they would like it to appear, eh?

Doesn't appear fancy to me. In fact not the kind of place I would dine at.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants,alt.restaurants

On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 07:09:08 GMT, Just Visiting >
wrote:

>Ok, I learned that CF doesn't serve Dr. Pepper.... I can hardly wait
>to see what I can't order the next time!

OTOH, I see that sbcglobal.net does serve morons.

-- Larry

Goomba38 wrote:

> rosie wrote:
> > I like Cheesecake Factory. They have a varied menu, the service is
> > good, and the prices are reasonable. *I dislike Dr Pepper.

> > Rosie

> I just went to my first Cheesecake factory lunch a couple of weeks ago
> and we enjoyed it enough to return the next day. The service was very,
> very good even considering that the place was packed.

How many hours did you have to wait to be seated...???

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants,alt.restaurants

Julie Bove wrote:
> "Just Visiting" > wrote in message
>
>>> How do you know the ingredients are in the kitchen? I'd be willing to bet
>>> their pasta dishes come frozen and pre-portioned.
>>>

>> Not as fancy as they would like it to appear, eh?

> Doesn't appear fancy to me. In fact not the kind of place I would dine at.

"at"?? I prefer in, but that's neither here nor there. I actually was
impressed with the place as a chain. A HUGE step up from the Applebees,
Ruby Tuesday type fern bars.
I recognize it for what it is and the limitations ....and it still was
very good!
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants,alt.restaurants

Gregory Morrow wrote:

>> I just went to my first Cheesecake factory lunch a couple of weeks ago
>> and we enjoyed it enough to return the next day. The service was very,
>> very good even considering that the place was packed.

> How many hours did you have to wait to be seated...???

30 or so minutes the first day, only about 15 the next (A "Sunday after
church" crowd there even!)

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants,alt.restaurants

"Goomba38" > wrote in message
> Julie Bove wrote:

>>> Not as fancy as they would like it to appear, eh?

>> Doesn't appear fancy to me. In fact not the kind of place I would dine
>> at.

> "at"?? I prefer in, but that's neither here nor there. I actually was
> impressed with the place as a chain. A HUGE step up from the Applebees,
> Ruby Tuesday type fern bars.
> I recognize it for what it is and the limitations ....and it still was
> very good!

You don't like the fake antiques on the walls of those places? :-)

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants,alt.restaurants

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
I actually was
>> impressed with the place as a chain. A HUGE step up from the Applebees,
>> Ruby Tuesday type fern bars.
>> I recognize it for what it is and the limitations ....and it still was
>> very good!

> You don't like the fake antiques on the walls of those places? :-)

I can't really recall the fake antiques?
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants,alt.restaurants

"Goomba38" > wrote in message
. ..
> JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
> I actually was
>>> impressed with the place as a chain. A HUGE step up from the Applebees,
>>> Ruby Tuesday type fern bars.
>>> I recognize it for what it is and the limitations ....and it still was
>>> very good!

>> You don't like the fake antiques on the walls of those places? :-)

> I can't really recall the fake antiques?

Maybe I'm thinking of Friday's, but all these places start to look the same
after a while. I'm talking about the old preppie football team pics, the
fake antique canoe paddles, and all that other crap. Who started that plague
anyway?

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants,alt.restaurants

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
> "Goomba38" > wrote in message
> . ..
>> JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
>> I actually was
>>>
>>> You don't like the fake antiques on the walls of those places? :-)

>> I can't really recall the fake antiques?

> Maybe I'm thinking of Friday's, but all these places start to look the same
> after a while. I'm talking about the old preppie football team pics, the
> fake antique canoe paddles, and all that other crap. Who started that plague
> anyway?

Oh yeah.. I call that the "fern bar" type place. Sort of polished wood
and brass, reminding me of the 80's a bit too much. The plants were
always fake at that.
I think they all serve the same fake chicken breasts too.
Posted to rec.food.cooking, rec.food.restaurants, alt.restaurants

On Jan 19, 11:09*pm, Just Visiting >
wrote:
> Ok, I learned that CF doesn't serve Dr. Pepper. Well, they don't serve
> fettuccine alfredo on the side either!

Here's a weird one: A couple years ago, I was in a small town in the
Sierra Nevadas at the cafe where all the locals go. It's a converted,
small Victorian house, definitely not a chain. The front yard had
become the front patio, and the weather was unseasonably warm, so we
ate out there.

I was told the house specialty French toast was good, so I was
planning on ordering that. But I noticed blintzes on the menu, and
hadn't had one in years. So I asked the waitress for one on the
side. No it wasn't on the side order menu, but you could get three as
a complete breakfast. The waitress came back and said they couldn't
give me one on the side because they didn't know how much to charge
me.

Oh well, French toast by itself it was.

Ken

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants,alt.restaurants

wrote:
> Ok, I learned that CF doesn't serve Dr. Pepper. Well, they don't serve
> fettuccine alfredo on the side either!

Here's a weird one: A couple years ago, I was in a small town in the
Sierra Nevadas at the cafe where all the locals go. It's a converted,
small Victorian house, definitely not a chain. The front yard had
become the front patio, and the weather was unseasonably warm, so we
ate out there.

I was told the house specialty French toast was good, so I was
planning on ordering that. But I noticed blintzes on the menu, and
hadn't had one in years. So I asked the waitress for one on the
side. No it wasn't on the side order menu, but you could get three as
a complete breakfast. The waitress came back and said they couldn't
give me one on the side because they didn't know how much to charge
me.

Oh well, French toast by itself it was.

Ken

Try a '5 easy pieces' philosophy. Order 3, hold 2.
Dee Dee

On Jan 21, 8:06*am, "Dee.Dee" > wrote:
> "Ken" > wrote in message

> On Jan 19, 11:09 pm, Just Visiting >
> wrote:
>
> > Ok, I learned that CF doesn't serve Dr. Pepper. Well, they don't serve
> > fettuccine alfredo on the side either!

> Here's a weird one: A couple years ago, I was in a small town in the
> Sierra Nevadas at the cafe where all the locals go. *It's a converted,
> small Victorian house, definitely not a chain. *The front yard had
> become the front patio, and the weather was unseasonably warm, so we
> ate out there.
>
> I was told the house specialty French toast was good, so I was
> planning on ordering that. *But I noticed blintzes on the menu, and
> hadn't had one in years. *So I asked the waitress for one on the
> side. *No it wasn't on the side order menu, but you could get three as
> a complete breakfast. *The waitress came back and said they couldn't
> give me one on the side because they didn't know how much to charge
> me.
>
> Oh well, French toast by itself it was.
>
> Ken
>
> Try a *'5 easy pieces' philosophy. *Order 3, hold 2.
> Dee Dee

Dee Dee,

Did you see my posting of Jan 20th?

Ken
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants,alt.restaurants

"Ken" > wrote in message
On Jan 21, 8:06 am, "Dee.Dee" > wrote:
> "Ken" > wrote in message

> On Jan 19, 11:09 pm, Just Visiting >
> wrote:
>
> > Ok, I learned that CF doesn't serve Dr. Pepper. Well, they don't serve
> > fettuccine alfredo on the side either!

> Here's a weird one: A couple years ago, I was in a small town in the
> Sierra Nevadas at the cafe where all the locals go. It's a converted,
> small Victorian house, definitely not a chain. The front yard had
> become the front patio, and the weather was unseasonably warm, so we
> ate out there.
>
> I was told the house specialty French toast was good, so I was
> planning on ordering that. But I noticed blintzes on the menu, and
> hadn't had one in years. So I asked the waitress for one on the
> side. No it wasn't on the side order menu, but you could get three as
> a complete breakfast. The waitress came back and said they couldn't
> give me one on the side because they didn't know how much to charge
> me.
>
> Oh well, French toast by itself it was.
>
> Ken
>
> Try a '5 easy pieces' philosophy. Order 3, hold 2.
> Dee Dee

Dee Dee,

Did you see my posting of Jan 20th?

Ken

Hold it between your legs -- laughing -- is that what he said? I couldn't
remember.

It's been a while since I saw that movie. DH watched it while he was
recooping from the flu last week; he had never seen it.

I especially liked the scene where one or the other was arguing about going
into the grocery store. He wouldn't go in if she was going in, too. What
the hell was that all about? Just to show how cantankerous a guy he was?
He really represented the immature male in all his glory, AFAICR.

Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking, rec.food.restaurants, alt.restaurants

(snip)

> > Oh well, French toast by itself it was.

> > Ken

> > Try a '5 easy pieces' philosophy. Order 3, hold 2.
> > Dee Dee

> Dee Dee,
>
> Did you see my posting of Jan 20th?
>
> Ken
>
> Hold it between your legs -- laughing -- is that what he said? *I couldn't
> remember.

(snip)

> He really represented the immature male in all his glory, AFAICR.
>
> Dee Dee- Hide quoted text -

Dee Dee,

I don't consider him immature, just self-destructive. It's a trait
many men also have. (Come to think of it, maybe Jack was just type
cast.)

For another self-destructive-man-done-good movie, see "All That
Jazz". It's getting a bit dated with the hair and fashion, but self
destruction reigns supreme.

Ken

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants,alt.restaurants

"Goomba38" > wrote in message

> "at"?? I prefer in, but that's neither here nor there. I actually was
> impressed with the place as a chain. A HUGE step up from the Applebees,
> Ruby Tuesday type fern bars.
> I recognize it for what it is and the limitations ....and it still was
> very good!

Anything is a step up from Applebees. Never been to a Ruby Tuesday. They
don't have them here. Maybe we're just lucky...

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants,alt.restaurants

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Goomba38" > wrote in message
>
>> "at"?? I prefer in, but that's neither here nor there. I actually was
>> impressed with the place as a chain. A HUGE step up from the Applebees,
>> Ruby Tuesday type fern bars.
>> I recognize it for what it is and the limitations ....and it still was
>> very good!

> Anything is a step up from Applebees. Never been to a Ruby Tuesday. They
> don't have them here. Maybe we're just lucky...

The names are interchangable. Friday's, Ruby Tuesday, Bennigan's, etc etc
etc....

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants,alt.restaurants

On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 09:16:11 -0500, Goomba38 >
wrote:

>I think they all serve the same fake chicken breasts too.

fake?

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smiley face first
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants,alt.restaurants

sf wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 09:16:11 -0500, Goomba38 >
> wrote:
>
>> I think they all serve the same fake chicken breasts too.

> fake?

well.. fake as in I believe they're all "reformed" (delinquent chickens!
lol) or processed in some fashion. They never seem to be the same solid
meat I buy. How else can you explain the texture and the 4928 identical
"breasts" served each day?
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants,alt.restaurants

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>> "Goomba38" > wrote in message
>>
>>> "at"?? I prefer in, but that's neither here nor there. I actually was
>>> impressed with the place as a chain. A HUGE step up from the Applebees,
>>> Ruby Tuesday type fern bars.
>>> I recognize it for what it is and the limitations ....and it still was
>>> very good!

>> Anything is a step up from Applebees. Never been to a Ruby Tuesday. They
>> don't have them here. Maybe we're just lucky...

> The names are interchangable. Friday's, Ruby Tuesday, Bennigan's, etc etc
> etc....

A place to get drunk and watch TV that happens to have a microwave to heat
frozen food products.
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants,alt.restaurants

Goomba38 wrote:

> sf wrote:
> > On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 09:16:11 -0500, Goomba38 >
> > wrote:
> >
> >> I think they all serve the same fake chicken breasts too.

> > fake?
> >

> well.. fake as in I believe they're all "reformed" (delinquent chickens!
> lol) or processed in some fashion. They never seem to be the same solid
> meat I buy. How else can you explain the texture and the 4928 identical
> "breasts" served each day?

Well, the commercially mass produced chickens are rather like that. Bred
and engineered for absolute consistency to allow fully automated
processing.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants,alt.restaurants

Julie Bove wrote:

> "Goomba38" > wrote in message
>
> > "at"?? I prefer in, but that's neither here nor there. I actually was
> > impressed with the place as a chain. A HUGE step up from the Applebees,
> > Ruby Tuesday type fern bars.
> > I recognize it for what it is and the limitations ....and it still was
> > very good!

> Anything is a step up from Applebees. Never been to a Ruby Tuesday. They
> don't have them here. Maybe we're just lucky...

My first and only visit to a newly opened (a few weeks prior) Applebees
was so bad in every possible way that I blacklisted the entire chain and
have never been to one since.

I've been to Ruby Tuesday a few times and it's been ok, just average
acceptable chain stuff. Comparable to Chili's, Olive Garden, Ground
Round and other basic chain places.

The Cheesecake Factory, Macaroni Grill, Magianno's and similar represent
and upper level of chain restaurant with pretty good food. Still chain
food, with nothing really outstanding and a consistent menu.
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants,alt.restaurants

On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 23:11:00 -0500, pltrgyst
> wrote:

>On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 07:09:08 GMT, Just Visiting >
>wrote:
>
>>Ok, I learned that CF doesn't serve Dr. Pepper.... I can hardly wait
>>to see what I can't order the next time!

>OTOH, I see that sbcglobal.net does serve morons.
>
>-- Larry

Well, I never! I don't think your response is worth responding to so
I'm not going to respond!
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants,alt.restaurants

"Pete C." > wrote in message
> Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> "Goomba38" > wrote in message
>>
>> > "at"?? I prefer in, but that's neither here nor there. I actually was
>> > impressed with the place as a chain. A HUGE step up from the Applebees,
>> > Ruby Tuesday type fern bars.
>> > I recognize it for what it is and the limitations ....and it still was
>> > very good!

>> Anything is a step up from Applebees. Never been to a Ruby Tuesday.
>> They
>> don't have them here. Maybe we're just lucky...

> My first and only visit to a newly opened (a few weeks prior) Applebees
> was so bad in every possible way that I blacklisted the entire chain and
> have never been to one since.
>
> I've been to Ruby Tuesday a few times and it's been ok, just average
> acceptable chain stuff. Comparable to Chili's, Olive Garden, Ground
> Round and other basic chain places.
>
> The Cheesecake Factory, Macaroni Grill, Magianno's and similar represent
> and upper level of chain restaurant with pretty good food. Still chain
> food, with nothing really outstanding and a consistent menu.

These places are perfect for:

- when you're travelling, you're in an unfamiliar town, and way too
exhausted to go exploring. "Oh good - there's Ruby Tuesday. It's familiar."

- when you've been shopping way too long with children who are on the verge
of meltdown, and the safest bet is something familiar.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants,alt.restaurants

On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 17:07:27 -0600, "Pete C." >
wrote:

>Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> "Goomba38" > wrote in message
>>
>> > "at"?? I prefer in, but that's neither here nor there. I actually was
>> > impressed with the place as a chain. A HUGE step up from the Applebees,
>> > Ruby Tuesday type fern bars.
>> > I recognize it for what it is and the limitations ....and it still was
>> > very good!

>> Anything is a step up from Applebees. Never been to a Ruby Tuesday. They
>> don't have them here. Maybe we're just lucky...

>My first and only visit to a newly opened (a few weeks prior) Applebees
>was so bad in every possible way that I blacklisted the entire chain and
>have never been to one since.

It doesn't take much to turn someone off. I was in Macaroni Grill
about 10 years ago and we each had a glass of wine from the table jug.
When the waiter asked how many glasses we had he questioned our
honesty. The jug wasn't full to begin with. That's all it took for
us to never return.

>I've been to Ruby Tuesday a few times and it's been ok, just average
>acceptable chain stuff. Comparable to Chili's, Olive Garden, Ground
>Round and other basic chain places.

Not bad for food that comes out of big plastic bags. <g>

>The Cheesecake Factory, Macaroni Grill, Magianno's and similar represent
>and upper level of chain restaurant with pretty good food. Still chain
>food, with nothing really outstanding and a consistent menu.

We were at the downtown Chicago Magianno's last week. Nothing special
except for a big bill. It didn't even smell like a restaurant.
Friends took us there for our birthday or I never would have gone.
There's too many better and cheaper places around here.

Lou

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants,alt.restaurants

Lou Decruss wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 17:07:27 -0600, "Pete C." >
> wrote:
>
> >Julie Bove wrote:

> >> Anything is a step up from Applebees. Never been to a Ruby Tuesday. They
> >> don't have them here. Maybe we're just lucky...

> >My first and only visit to a newly opened (a few weeks prior) Applebees
> >was so bad in every possible way that I blacklisted the entire chain and
> >have never been to one since.

> It doesn't take much to turn someone off. I was in Macaroni Grill
> about 10 years ago and we each had a glass of wine from the table jug.
> When the waiter asked how many glasses we had he questioned our
> honesty. The jug wasn't full to begin with. That's all it took for
> us to never return.

Well, I would have talked to the manager about that one.

My Applebee's experience was a bit different given that the location was
open only a few weeks and should have been under corporate oversight at
that point. Every possible thing was wrong from the service to the food,
it was bad enough that in a decent restaurant I would have expected the
manager to be over apologizing to all the various customers for the
problems. It wasn't just my party either, I noticed other parties with
issues, and the place was perhaps at 30% capacity.

> >I've been to Ruby Tuesday a few times and it's been ok, just average
> >acceptable chain stuff. Comparable to Chili's, Olive Garden, Ground
> >Round and other basic chain places.

> Not bad for food that comes out of big plastic bags. <g>

Yep, adequate for a quick lunch or dinner if there isn't ambition to
find something better.

> >The Cheesecake Factory, Macaroni Grill, Magianno's and similar represent
> >and upper level of chain restaurant with pretty good food. Still chain
> >food, with nothing really outstanding and a consistent menu.

> We were at the downtown Chicago Magianno's last week. Nothing special
> except for a big bill. It didn't even smell like a restaurant.
> Friends took us there for our birthday or I never would have gone.
> There's too many better and cheaper places around here.

I think I've been to the Chicago location and it was good. Smith and
Wollenski is a better choice in Chicago I think. The Magianno's in
Buckhead (Atlanta) was pretty good and bustling, but everything around
there is.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants,alt.restaurants

Just Visiting was, like, all stupid:

> Ok, I learned that CF doesn't serve Dr. Pepper. Well, they don't serve
> fettuccine alfredo on the side either! At least the waitress was nice
> when she said, "We don't serve it like that." I thought it was a bit
> unusual but not enough to spoil the meal. I'll just have to get it at
> another restaurant that does serve it on the side. I can hardly wait
> to see what I can't order the next time!

Ya know what? I went into Cheesecake Factory and asked for an ostrich burger
with Santa Fe sauce and Southwestern cole slaw, with a side order of chiles
rellenos and an açai iced tea, and I DIDN'T GET WHAT I WANTED EITHER!

So what better place to complain about it than HERE?

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants

Bob Terwilliger wrote:

> Just Visiting was, like, all stupid:
>
>> Ok, I learned that CF doesn't serve Dr. Pepper. Well, they don't serve
>> fettuccine alfredo on the side either! At least the waitress was nice
>> when she said, "We don't serve it like that." I thought it was a bit
>> unusual but not enough to spoil the meal. I'll just have to get it at
>> another restaurant that does serve it on the side. I can hardly wait to
>> see what I can't order the next time!

> Ya know what? I went into Cheesecake Factory and asked for an ostrich
> burger with Santa Fe sauce and Southwestern cole slaw, with a side order
> of chiles rellenos and an açai iced tea, and I DIDN'T GET WHAT I WANTED
> EITHER!

Must have been the way you were dressed. I had that meal at the
Cheesecake Factory just last week. Except I had a Dr. Pepper with it.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants,alt.restaurants

Bob Terwilliger wrote:
> Just Visiting was, like, all stupid:
>
>> Ok, I learned that CF doesn't serve Dr. Pepper. Well, they don't serve
>> fettuccine alfredo on the side either!

> Ya know what? I went into Cheesecake Factory and asked for an ostrich
> burger
> with Santa Fe sauce and Southwestern cole slaw, with a side order of chiles
> rellenos and an açai iced tea, and I DIDN'T GET WHAT I WANTED EITHER!
>
> So what better place to complain about it than HERE?

Maybe if you were polite about it they'd let you BYO.

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants,alt.restaurants

On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 22:23:56 -0800, "Bob Terwilliger"
> wrote:

>Just Visiting was, like, all stupid:
>
>> Ok, I learned that CF doesn't serve Dr. Pepper. Well, they don't serve
>> fettuccine alfredo on the side either! At least the waitress was nice
>> when she said, "We don't serve it like that." I thought it was a bit
>> unusual but not enough to spoil the meal. I'll just have to get it at
>> another restaurant that does serve it on the side. I can hardly wait
>> to see what I can't order the next time!

>Ya know what? I went into Cheesecake Factory and asked for an ostrich burger
>with Santa Fe sauce and Southwestern cole slaw, with a side order of chiles
>rellenos and an açai iced tea, and I DIDN'T GET WHAT I WANTED EITHER!
>
>So what better place to complain about it than HERE?
>
>Bob

That's not normal food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants,alt.restaurants

In article >,
Just Visiting > wrote:

> On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 22:23:56 -0800, "Bob Terwilliger"
> > wrote:
>
> >Just Visiting was, like, all stupid:
> >
> >> Ok, I learned that CF doesn't serve Dr. Pepper. Well, they don't serve
> >> fettuccine alfredo on the side either! At least the waitress was nice
> >> when she said, "We don't serve it like that." I thought it was a bit
> >> unusual but not enough to spoil the meal. I'll just have to get it at
> >> another restaurant that does serve it on the side. I can hardly wait
> >> to see what I can't order the next time!

> >Ya know what? I went into Cheesecake Factory and asked for an ostrich burger
> >with Santa Fe sauce and Southwestern cole slaw, with a side order of chiles
> >rellenos and an açai iced tea, and I DIDN'T GET WHAT I WANTED EITHER!
> >
> >So what better place to complain about it than HERE?

> That's not normal food.

Sounds pretty normal to me. Just not what you'd expect in a chain
restaurant.

Miche

--
Electricians do it in three phases