FoodBanter.com

-   Restaurants (https://www.foodbanter.com/restaurants/)
-   -   How to Calculate the Food Cost of a Buffet? (https://www.foodbanter.com/restaurants/131599-how-calculate-food-cost.html)

[email protected] 13-08-2007 07:03 AM

How to Calculate the Food Cost of a Buffet?

How do we calculate food cost of a buffet?
One method I was told is to weigh the quantity of each item before
dispensing it to the buffet & the Buffet cost = Cost of all the items
(derived from the weight of all the items) divided by no of buffets
sold.
But isn't there a easy method? Like for a newly launched restaurant
where daily dinner buffet is served & the menu changes everyday. Does
the chef have to weigh each item to determine the cost of buffet per
person to have an idea whether the selling price is right or not?

Ward Abbott 14-08-2007 10:26 PM

On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 06:03:31 -0000, wrote:

>How do we calculate food cost of a buffet?

That is one of the lessons you learn in culinary school. You need
to hit the books and do your own homework.