cb

Default Houston Restaurant Recommendations

Looking for some restaurant recommendations in Houston TX. Your personal
favs and why? Also, if you had just a few hours in Houston and you could
only go to one restaurant, which one would it be? Any and all comments
welcome and thanks in advance.

Richard Kaszeta

"cb" > writes:
> Looking for some restaurant recommendations in Houston TX.

Houston is dense with good restaurants. Narrowing it down would be helpful...

> Your personal
> favs and why? Also, if you had just a few hours in Houston and you could
> only go to one restaurant, which one would it be?

Seeing that I regularly travel to Houston and/or Johnson Space Center
for work, I've found two places on my repeat list, one cheap and one
expensive. Both also feature cuisine that is basically absent where I
live (rural New England). These are also close to the places I'm
travelling for business:

1. Goode Company BBQ. 5109 Kirby. Good, reliable BBQ, especially the
brisket. (However, note that there are a *lot* of good BBQ places
around Houston).

2. Churrasco's. 2055 Westheimer. Latin American food. (Also note that
decent Brazillian restaruants aren't exactly rare in Houston).

Of course, I wouldn't mind other recommendations as well.

--
Richard W Kaszeta

http://www.kaszeta.org/rich
MareCat

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 16:56:10 GMT, "cb" > wrote:

>Looking for some restaurant recommendations in Houston TX. Your personal
>favs and why?

Some of my personal faves:

Mexican: Pico's (on Bellaire)
Thai: Kanomwan (on Telephone)
Indian: Ashiana (on Briar Forest)
Sushi: Kubo's (on University)
Italian: Nino's (on W. Dallas)
Tapas: Mi Luna (on University)
Turkish: Istanbul (on Morningside)
BBQ: Williams Smokehouse (on Wheatley)
Greek: Alexander the Great Greek (on Sage)
Latin American: Americas (on Post Oak)

>Also, if you had just a few hours in Houston and you could
>only go to one restaurant, which one would it be?

My all-time favorite restaurant in Houston is Americas (owned by
Michael Cordúa, who owns several other L. American places around town
- http://www.cordua.com/americas_hm.htm). Another good place to kill a
few hours is The Melting Pot, a fondue restaurant on Westheimer.
(Yeah, I know it's a chain, but it's still one of my favorites.)

> Any and all comments
>welcome and thanks in advance.

Houston is a HUGE city and boasts something like 11,000 restaurants.
In what part of the city will you be? What types of cuisine do you
like? How much do you want to spend? Etc. Etc.

Also, try posting in Houston.eats.

Mary