SHO

Default Looking for Huge Portions

I am looking for a restaurant in and around LA that serves anything in HUGE
PORTION to impress my friends coming from out of country for fun. Any
thoughts folks?? Example: burgers. steaks, pasta, salads, onion rings and so
on and so forth.

Thanks
SHO

SHO > wrote:
> I am looking for a restaurant in and around LA that serves anything in HUGE
> PORTION to impress my friends coming from out of country for fun. Any
> thoughts folks?? Example: burgers. steaks, pasta, salads, onion rings and so
> on and so forth.

Are you kidding? Other than fast food type restaurants, what restaurant
doesn't serve huge portions?

SHO

Your are right about that, but I guess it is all relative. I guess I should
have said exceptionally HUGE PORTION. Something you can laugh about and say
"Holy Sxxx!!"

SHO

SHO > wrote:
> Your are right about that, but I guess it is all relative. I guess I should
> have said exceptionally HUGE PORTION. Something you can laugh about and say
> "Holy Sxxx!!"

Is there a Bucca di Beppi in your area? That place serves family
style Italian food. The food is excellent for a chain restaurant
and the portions are gargantuan. They have a meatball that's
litterally the size of a large grapefruit.
SHO

Seem like Bucca di Beppi is winning this contest (from other sources). I'll
look them up.

SHO

> wrote in message ...
> SHO > wrote:
> > Your are right about that, but I guess it is all relative. I guess I

should
> > have said exceptionally HUGE PORTION. Something you can laugh about and

say
> > "Holy Sxxx!!"

> Is there a Bucca di Beppi in your area? That place serves family
> style Italian food. The food is excellent for a chain restaurant
> and the portions are gargantuan. They have a meatball that's
> litterally the size of a large grapefruit.

The Ranger

[la.eats added to distribution]

SHO > wrote in message
. com...
> I am looking for a restaurant in and around LA that serves
> anything in HUGE PORTION to impress my friends coming
> from out of country for fun. Any thoughts folks?? [..]

"Hamburger Hamlet" would be my first recommendation. There's also "Claim
Jumper" that does huge portions nicely.

The Ranger

Petey the Wonder Dog

Far as I can tell, someone wrote:
>Your are right about that, but I guess it is all relative. I guess I should
>have said exceptionally HUGE PORTION. Something you can laugh about and say
>"Holy Sxxx!!"

Just take them to a buffet at noon and tell them they have until 9pm.
Andrew Hardy

"SHO" > wrote:

>Your are right about that, but I guess it is all relative. I guess I should
>have said exceptionally HUGE PORTION. Something you can laugh about and say
>"Holy Sxxx!!"

And we wonder why the majority of the US population can't even bend over let
alone see their shoes. They are FAT, FAT, FAT!! and it is purely disgusting.

Wasn't gluttony one of the seven deadly?

The historical large portion restaurant is Durgin Park in Boston, across
from Fauneul Hall.

The hugest portions I've ever been served are at Victoria's in downtown
Appleton, Wisconsin. Immense portions of everythign Italian.

Rob Lake

In article >,
The Ranger > wrote:
>[la.eats added to distribution]
>
>SHO > wrote in message
.com...
>> I am looking for a restaurant in and around LA that serves
>> anything in HUGE PORTION to impress my friends coming
>> from out of country for fun. Any thoughts folks?? [..]

>"Hamburger Hamlet" would be my first recommendation. There's also "Claim
>Jumper" that does huge portions nicely.
>
>The Ranger

SHO

Thanks, but too bad it is out of Southern California.

SHO

> wrote in message ...
> The historical large portion restaurant is Durgin Park in Boston, across
> from Fauneul Hall.
>
> The hugest portions I've ever been served are at Victoria's in downtown
> Appleton, Wisconsin. Immense portions of everythign Italian.
>
> Rob Lake
>
> In article >,
> The Ranger > wrote:
> >[la.eats added to distribution]
> >
> >SHO > wrote in message
> .com...
> >> I am looking for a restaurant in and around LA that serves
> >> anything in HUGE PORTION to impress my friends coming
> >> from out of country for fun. Any thoughts folks?? [..]

> >"Hamburger Hamlet" would be my first recommendation. There's also "Claim
> >Jumper" that does huge portions nicely.
> >
> >The Ranger

Charles Demas

In article >, > wrote:
>It's spelled "Buca di Beppo", they have a web site at:
>
>http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
>
>Look under "Neighborhood Locations" to see if there's one nearby.

That's also the corporation that own Vinny Testa's (several
in the Boston Area), relatvely large portions of ok Italian
food, and big salads.

Chuck Demas

--
Eat Healthy | _ _ | Nothing would be done at all,
Stay Fit | @ @ | If a man waited to do it so well,
| \___/ | http://world.std.com/~cpd
CWLee

"SHO" > wrote in message
. com...
> Thanks, but too bad it is out of Southern California.
>
> SHO
>
> > wrote in message

> > The historical large portion restaurant is Durgin Park

in Boston, across
> > from Fauneul Hall.

Why has no one mentioned LA's answer to Durgin Park - The
Original Pantry at 9th and Figueroa in downtown LA. Take
your guests there for breakfast and you won't need to feed
them the rest of the day.
CWLee
"If elected, my highest priority upon taking office will be
to get the gazelles and the lions to negotiate a peaceful
solution to their long-standing differences." Tarzan,
Democratic candidate for King of the Jungle.

Which restaurant does really BIG portions in Edinburgh? Ward Abbott Restaurants 0 29-07-2005 10:42 PM
sushi portions surf vixen Sushi 11 24-03-2005 03:35 PM
Approximating Portions Julian9EHP General Cooking 10 16-06-2004 10:19 PM