The Ranger

Default Holiday Dining?

On holidays (such as Easter, Mother's Day, etc.) are you likely to go out?
Would dining out entail a special restaurant offering a prix fixe or buffet
or would a regular menu be more appealing?

For me and mine, we've mixed and matched through the years but have had the
greatest success with the buffet at Fung Lum's in Campbell, CA on those
holidays that fall on Sundays. For special dinners (sans daughter-units), we
don't choose a restaurant based on its menu... But that's because I tend to
steer clear of prix fixe menus because I usually dislike one of the items
being featured. My wife, OTOH, has had exceptional luck with them.

Others?

The Ranger
--
"Grits are akin to Elmer Paste with less flavor and more sand."

The Ranger > wrote:
> On holidays (such as Easter, Mother's Day, etc.) are you likely to go out?

That depends on the holiday. We almost always go out for dinner in my family
for Mothers and Fathers Days. For some holidays such as Thanksgiving, I
could not imagine eating our family feast in a restaurant.

> Would dining out entail a special restaurant offering a prix fixe or buffet
> or would a regular menu be more appealing?

More appealing than what?

> For me and mine, we've mixed and matched through the years but have had the
> greatest success with the buffet at Fung Lum's in Campbell, CA on those
> holidays that fall on Sundays. For special dinners (sans daughter-units), we
> don't choose a restaurant based on its menu... But that's because I tend to
> steer clear of prix fixe menus because I usually dislike one of the items
> being featured. My wife, OTOH, has had exceptional luck with them.

To each his own.

Dining out for the next 3&1/2 weeks PeterL[_17_] General Cooking 6 20-04-2009 02:21 AM
Dining on nabemono werwiniskp Baking 0 02-04-2009 05:00 PM
Dining out and Finding a Holiday Party in Progress The Ranger[_2_] General Cooking 25 20-12-2008 09:09 PM
Dining Out The Ranger General Cooking 117 15-11-2005 02:47 PM
Tea and Dining out seby1689 Tea 31 31-01-2004 02:41 AM