BillKirch

Default Take your damn Hats off while eating

I can't tell you how many people (men)I see in restaurants( some of them very
up scale) wearing baseball caps while dining. It's soo rude and classless. BG
BillKirch

>Why is it rude and classless - just because society dictates it's
>rude and classless?
>
>If people want to wear hats in restaurants then that's fine by me

#################
Thats because your mother never taught you any manners. BG
Jeremy

My mother taught me not to be rude to stranger, especially those living
in Texas :-)

JJ

BillKirch wrote:

> >Why is it rude and classless - just because society dictates it's
> >rude and classless?
> >
> >If people want to wear hats in restaurants then that's fine by me

> #################
> Thats because your mother never taught you any manners. BG

Anthony

"BillKirch" > wrote in message
> I can't tell you how many people (men)I see in restaurants( some of them

very
> up scale) wearing baseball caps while dining. It's soo rude and classless.

BG

This goes to the whole question of what you think about the way other
patrons of the restaurant are dressed. In the US there has been an
increasing trend towards casual wear; I owned a 4-Diamond AAA restaurant for
many years (but no longer) and in the early days we asked for coat and tie,
then dropped the tie, then went to "smart casual", a term that to us meant
no shorts, and finally we got fed up with the hassle the greeter had to put
up with and said the hell with it. I generally don't care what others wear,
altho' I was rather taken aback at Christmas lunch in our local Ritz-Carlton
to see some patrons in scruffy shorts whereas most of us had dressed up,
making i seem more of a festive occasion.

Douglas Hageman

> I can't tell you how many people (men)I see in restaurants( some of them very
> up scale) wearing baseball caps while dining. It's soo rude and classless. BG

I'm with you - when some moron refuses to take off his hat in front of
my wife I want to do something about it - but she'd kill me if I did.

Can't we just shoot `em?

BillKirch

>Aren't you the one who complained because there wasn't enough food
>at a party to which you were invited?

##################
As usual , you get the facts wrong. I had complained about, getting invited to
parties where they served canned weenies,baloney and and one bottle of wine
for 20 people.
If you can't do a party right then cater it or don't do it at all. BG
Kim Wolf

Look at it this way, hats of some type are worn in most commercial kitchens
per health codes so, those people wearing hats while eating are actually
being more sanitary than you. Anyway, its none of anyone's business but the
person who is wearing the hat.

BillKirch" > wrote in message
> I can't tell you how many people (men)I see in restaurants( some of them

very
> up scale) wearing baseball caps while dining. It's soo rude and classless.

BG

Kim Wolf

Man, don't take your hat off and somebody wants to shoot you...take off
anything else and somebody wants to shoot you. You guys are too picky. I
don't get what your wife has to do with someone wearing a hat.

"Douglas Hageman" > wrote in message
om...
> > I can't tell you how many people (men)I see in restaurants( some of them

very
> > up scale) wearing baseball caps while dining. It's soo rude and

classless. BG

> I'm with you - when some moron refuses to take off his hat in front of
> my wife I want to do something about it - but she'd kill me if I did.
>
> Can't we just shoot `em?

Kim Wolf

It's also rude and classless to use foul language in public. More people do
that than wear hats in restaurants. They even do it on public web sites.

"BillKirch" > wrote in message
> I can't tell you how many people (men)I see in restaurants( some of them

very
> up scale) wearing baseball caps while dining. It's soo rude and classless.

BG

Can Altinbay

"Kim Wolf" > wrote in message
> It's also rude and classless to use foul language in public. More people

do
> that than wear hats in restaurants. They even do it on public web sites.
>
> "BillKirch" > wrote in message
> > I can't tell you how many people (men)I see in restaurants( some of them

> very
> > up scale) wearing baseball caps while dining. It's soo rude and

classless.
> BG

And then there's cell phones.

(I'm ducking.)

BillKirch > wrote:
>>Why is it rude and classless - just because society dictates it's
>>rude and classless?
>>
>>If people want to wear hats in restaurants then that's fine by me

> #################
> Thats because your mother never taught you any manners. BG

Manners are intended to help keep people from inconveniencing
one another. Why is it unmannerly for a man to wear a hat while
eating? I am not arguing that wearing a hat indoors is considered
bad manners, but why?

BillKirch

>Manners are intended to help keep people from inconveniencing
>one another. Why is it unmannerly for a man to wear a hat while
>eating? I

#####################
Why would it be unmannerly for him to blow a snot ball on the floor next to
you? Why would it be unmannerly for him to sing row-row-row your boat at the
top on his lungs? Why do people not wear parkas and fishing boots to a french
restaurant. BECAUSE IT'S NOT WHAT POLITE PEOPLE DO. MEN DON"T WEAR HATS IN
DOORS! especially in a nice restaurant.
Manners are the grease of life..allowing us to move past each other with out
inconveniencing each other and OFFENDING others. Someone wearing a DIRTY,
scummy, baseball hat INDOORS at a restaurant is just plain rude and white
trashy. BG
MK

rude and classless?
If that gets your dander up life must be good.
mk
"BillKirch" > wrote in message
> I can't tell you how many people (men)I see in restaurants( some of them

very
> up scale) wearing baseball caps while dining. It's soo rude and classless.

BG

BillKirch

>That's about as rude as going to a party
>and then whining about the hosts afterwards. Remember this post
>of yours?
>

>http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...0001461%40mb-m

05.aol.com

###########
So Is that the kind of party YOU would want to go to? If you defend that you
are just an idiot. Of course I figured that out in December..in another
Newsgroup. BG
Jeremy

Part of politeness is not taking audible or visible offense at something
that displeases you, and withholding comment when your comment might in
turn offend.
Obviously you believe you standard of manners is the correct one, most
people do, unfortunately in the global usenet society you will run up
against people with other standards. Despite that unfortunate experience
of standards not your own, there are actually polite forms of behavior
accepted on usenet and I would suggest you learn them before
unintentionally offending more people.

The most common form of response to people who insist on behaving in an
unacceptable manner on usenet, is for everyone just to killfile them.
You certainly seem determined to encourage people to kill you, yet
insist that you have an intuitive grasp of socially acceptable behavior.
:-)
JJ

BillKirch wrote:

> ###########
> So Is that the kind of party YOU would want to go to? If you defend that you
> are just an idiot. Of course I figured that out in December..in another
> Newsgroup. BG

Michael Sierchio

BillKirch wrote:

> ... BECAUSE IT'S NOT WHAT POLITE PEOPLE DO. MEN DON"T WEAR HATS IN
> DOORS! especially in a nice restaurant.

Um, Miss Manners sez if you don't like the way others eat,
don't watch them. Also, it is considered a far worse gaffe
to point out another's lack of politesse.

Back to social lubricant school for you. I'm sure you live
in a world *full* of people who make you uncomfortable.

Michael Sierchio

Jeremy wrote:

> Part of politeness is not taking audible or visible offense at something
> that displeases you, and withholding comment when your comment might in
> turn offend.

Thanks, a very useful characterization of politesse.

You can get a lot farther with a kind word
and a gun than with just a kind word.

- Alfonse Capone

BillKirch

>Part of politeness is not taking audible or visible offense at something
>that displeases you, and withholding comment when your comment might in
>turn offend.

#############
Not saying something is what allows Rude assholes to continue their acions. I.m
glad I don't live in the world of woosiedom like you. Also I feel someof you
may be the people I'm talking about ..and just take offense seeing your own
social rudeness.
BG
"the only thing that allows evil to exist.. is for good men to do( say)
nothing"...Thomas Jefferson
Jeremy

BillKirch wrote:

> Not saying something is what allows Rude assholes to continue their acions. I.m
> glad I don't live in the world of woosiedom like you. Also I feel someof you
> may be the people I'm talking about ..and just take offense seeing your own
> social rudeness.
> BG

You really are too dense to understand even the first level of humor and
irony, correspond with any alacrity or wit, or even realize how rude,
impolite and embarrassing your post are to people with a normal level of
civilization.
You are not even the most basic of trolls, capable of engaging interest
or stimulating spirited discourse, but merely someone that should
shunned or hushed like a recalcitrant child.

Is that plain enough for you, self defined, rude arsehole. FOAD

:-)

JJ
BillKirch

>So why are you telling us instead of confronting these hat-wearers
>and party hosts when it happens?

############
But I do
#############
>You're last name wouldn't happen to be Kirchenbauer - the 'star'
>of the Bullseye BBQ sauce commercial - would it? Or are you just
>using his name to deceive people?

############
No that is me. you've cetainly picked an obscure part of my resume to point
out.If I was going to pretend to be someone else ..why would I pick me.
############
>You're so unfunny here it can't possibly be the same person.

###############
Why would you think I would be "funny" in a newsgroup? Part of my job is human
observation and to point out stupidity and ignorance...I've made a career of
it. I've also found that when you hit too close to home people get "offended"
BG

BillKirch

>You are not even the most basic of trolls, capable of engaging interest
>or stimulating spirited discourse, but merely someone that should
>shunned or hushed like a recalcitrant child.
>
>Is that plain enough for you, self defined, rude arsehole. FOAD

############
Take off your baseball hat Bevis. BG
BillKirch

>Uh, I think we're being played.

#############
You're a regular Jr. FBI agent. BG
Jeremy

Steve Wertz wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Mar 2004 21:44:46 -0600, Jeremy

> Uh, I think we're being played.
>
> http://www.legendsofcomedy.com/bill
> http://www.google.com/search?&q=Bill...oogle+ Search
>
> -sw

No, he is not sufficiently talented or sophisticated in his humor to
sustain his self aggrandizing statement of "Part of my job is human
observation and to point out stupidity and ignorance".

He is in fact too stupid to realize how dumb he is :-)

He is also on the kill list.

JJ
Jeremy

You may call me Your Grace or My Lord. You damned ex-colonials have not
manners, breeding nor any idea of how to behave in polite society.
The Ranger

BillKirch > wrote in message
> [..] How many comedians do you know personally?

Enough to know that you aren't.

It's good to see that you're still a whining, low-browed illiterate with
delusions of grandeur.

The Ranger

BillKirch

>Enough to know that you aren't.
>
>It's good to see that you're still a whining, low-browed illiterate with
>delusions of grandeur.
>
>The Ranger

################
And you're a inbred.shit kicking, tobacco chewing, redneck. Now go poke your
cousin. I'm outta here. You and swertz are the biggest internet/newsgroup
dicks I've ever met. Just the kind that would wear Baseball caps in a
restaurant. Notice I didn't write "nice restaurant" because I don't think
either of you have ever been to a upscale restaurant. BG
The Ranger

BillKirch > wrote in message
[snip]
> [..] you're a inbred.shit kicking, tobacco chewing, redneck.

[snip]

Yep. Y'all're squealin' like a pig...

The Ranger

Melba's Jammin'

In article >, wrote:

> BillKirch > wrote:
> >>Why is it rude and classless - just because society dictates it's
> >>rude and classless?
> >>
> >>If people want to wear hats in restaurants then that's fine by me

> > #################
> > Thats because your mother never taught you any manners. BG

> Manners are intended to help keep people from inconveniencing
> one another. Why is it unmannerly for a man to wear a hat while
> eating? I am not arguing that wearing a hat indoors is considered
> bad manners, but why?

Interesting question, Stan. I wonder if it has any basis in a hat
being worn as protection from the elements -- wind and/or rain on one's
coiffure. (Yeah, I know, umbrellas are for keeping the rain off your
head, too.) When you're inside, you no longer need that protection
(barring faulty plumbing upstairs) so you remove your hat.

I think women's headcovering has always been regarded differently -- a
hat may well be part of the ensemble, part of the costume, and as such
is not removed when indoors (usually).

Are men now considering their hats to be part of their costume rather
than protection from crappy weather? Or is it just a general rebellion
-- "nobody's gonna tell ME what to do, by God!"? I'll vote for the
latter.

Where's Miss Manners when you need her?
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 3-26-04.
Rec.food.cooking's Preserved Fruit Administrator (I've got

Melba's Jammin' > wrote:

> Are men now considering their hats to be part of their costume rather
> than protection from crappy weather? Or is it just a general rebellion
> -- "nobody's gonna tell ME what to do, by God!"? I'll vote for the
> latter.

I am not sure. Hats really are not that common, at least in my circle
of acquaintances, for men or women.

Zippy the Pinhead

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 15:37:12 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
> wrote:

>Where's Miss Manners when you need her?

Getting a tattoo and looking for a place to spit her snuff juice.