Curtis

Default NOLA Restaurants

I'm looking for recommendations to excellent restaurants (all cuisines) in
the New Orleans area; I am already aware of the K'Pauls, Commander etc.
Thanks.

I am

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 18:42:06 GMT, "Curtis" >
wrote:

>I'm looking for recommendations to excellent restaurants (all cuisines) in
>the New Orleans area; I am already aware of the K'Pauls, Commander etc.
>Thanks.

May want to give this a look.
http://www.nola.com/dining/?/dining/...ide/index.html

BTW, K'Pauls good for tourist not for locals.

Larry

wrote:

>I'm looking for recommendations to excellent restaurants (all cuisines) in
>the New Orleans area; I am already aware of the K'Pauls, Commander etc.

Peristyle, Bayona, Brigtsen's, Gabrielle, and La Crepe Nanou are our
favorites. Commander's has always been excellent, but I don't know
who's cooking there since Jamie Shannon's demise.

-- Larry

Snowfeet1

NOLA (Emeril's restaurant) is great. For inexpensive fried shrimp - catfish -
Poor Boys try Acme Oyster.
MareCat

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 18:19:31 -0500, Larry > wrote:

>On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 18:42:06 GMT, "Curtis" >
>wrote:
>
>>I'm looking for recommendations to excellent restaurants (all cuisines) in
>>the New Orleans area; I am already aware of the K'Pauls, Commander etc.

>Peristyle, Bayona, Brigtsen's, Gabrielle, and La Crepe Nanou are our
>favorites. Commander's has always been excellent, but I don't know
>who's cooking there since Jamie Shannon's demise.
>
>-- Larry

I'll second the recommendation for Gabrielle. Also, Mandina's is
excellent (and a favorite with locals).

Valerie

If it's not too late, there is a great restaurant (off the beaten path) on
the way to the coast of Mississippi in Kiln, Ms. (home of Brett Favre)
called "Rooster's". It would be about an hours' drive from N'Awlins. They
have fresh seafood, stuffed Prime Rib, grilled chicken, duck etc. They have
an appetizer that is out of this world called "Angels on Horseback" (unlike
the standard version) oysters wrapped in bacon dredged with a light batter
, fried to a golden brown, served with a lemon caper sauce. Very good.
They also have a folk singer in the lounge area that gets better as it
gets later (when she's had one too many).
It's a place that the locals and N'Awlins folks go to. The dress is mostly
dressy casual. Although I've seen people with shorts AND formals (prom
night) there.
It doesn't look like much from the outside, but looks can be deceiving.
There's also another good place that is excellent, although a little more
pricey, called "The Chimneys". They are located in an Antebellum home that
is across the beach in Gulfport, Ms. http://www.chimneysrestaurant.com/
If you think you might be interested, email me and I will send you
directions and a phone number.
Valerie

ink.net...