FoodBanter.com

-   Restaurants (https://www.foodbanter.com/restaurants/)
-   -   olive garden ........... please some one help me with this please (https://www.foodbanter.com/restaurants/12725-olive-garden-please-some.html)

Carmen 04 07-03-2004 09:51 AM

olive garden ........... please some one help me with this please

does any one know where i can get recipies for olive garden chicken
alfredo and their salad ?
i want recipies that taste exactly like it.
im not looking to sell a recipie i just want to make it at home. also
please tell me your exreiance with recipie

AG 07-03-2004 04:36 PM

olive garden ........... please some one help me with this please

Try this. Just add cooked chicken, cooked any style you like. We like
breaded, pan fried chicken tenders.

Olive Garden Style Fettucine Alfredo

1/2 pound Cream Cheese
3/4 cup Parmesan Cheese -- grated
1/2 cup Butter or Margarine
1/2 cup Milk
1/2 pound Fettucini -- cooked and drained

Combine cheeses, butter and milk, heat stirring until melted and smooth.
Use immediately - if sauce sits on the stove waiting for pasta it will
separate.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

NOTES : Grate your own parmesan, use good cheese. If you use the pre-grated
stuff in the green can, the sauce will not taste as good... And of course,
whole milk and butter, if you can stand the calories.

Jeremy 14-03-2004 02:43 PM

Carmine 04 wrote:

> does any one know where i can get recipies for olive garden chicken
> alfredo and their salad ?
> i want recipies that taste exactly like it.
> im not looking to sell a recipie i just want to make it at home. also
> please tell me your exreiance with recipie

Why would be a good question, the alfredo is from a powder mix and they
add too much salt to everything. If you go to any recipe site and get
the equivalents, at least the food will taste Italian, instead of just
punching your sodium level up the scale.

Things that are wrong with their recipes include:
Too much salt
Powdered alfredo sauce
Poor quality olive oil (too much acid)
Sysco balsamic vinegar
Dried and virtually tasteless herbs and spices
Pre-packaged and grated cheese that claims some relation with parmesan
but really is not even close
Poor quality pepper
Injected chicken
Overcooked pasta, often held in steam tables for long periods.
Canned tomatoes
Olives with all taste and texture removed

The actual cost of exactly duplicating OG food would exceed that of
doing it with fresh vegetables, herbs and spices. Just the time and
bother of letting everything go stale would be a problem and you can
never get good Reggiano to taste like rotting sneakers :-)

If you are really serious about making edible Italian food there are
lots of urls available with great recipes.

JJ

Joe Peach 21-03-2004 12:10 AM

olive garden ........... please some one help me with this please

WOW....Jeremy, you hit that on the head, better then a 40 year
carpenter.............

You had to work there (Olive Garden)......or have contacts, either way, I
love your observations.......funny how with the right atmosphere, booze,
good looking partner, someone else picking up the check, waitress winking,
waiter winking, excellent hostess.....WHATEVER.........

Even Alpo, can be tasty!

Tip of the hat to you, Jeremy!

Joe.....

Jeremy 21-03-2004 01:57 AM

Joe Peach wrote:

> WOW....Jeremy, you hit that on the head, better then a 40 year
> carpenter.............
>
> You had to work there (Olive Garden)......or have contacts, either way, I
> love your observations.......funny how with the right atmosphere, booze,
> good looking partner, someone else picking up the check, waitress winking,
> waiter winking, excellent hostess.....WHATEVER.........
>
> Even Alpo, can be tasty!
>
> Tip of the hat to you, Jeremy!
>
> Joe.....

Thanks Joe, apart from being a carpenter :-), I used to write and edit a
restaurant business magazine and have a little insider's knowledge.

JJ