FoodBanter.com

-   Restaurants (https://www.foodbanter.com/restaurants/)
-   -   Oak Room in Boston - anyone? (https://www.foodbanter.com/restaurants/12709-oak-room-boston-anyone.html)

S 18-02-2004 02:38 PM

Oak Room in Boston - anyone?

I am going to the Oak Room this Saturday for dinner and I was
wondering if anyone here had an opinion about it. I've heard mixed
reviews about this place so I am a bit apprehensive about going. Some
say it's perfect, some say it's unreliable, etc. Anyone here have any
advice on what to order, etc?

S 23-02-2004 03:03 PM

Oak Room in Boston - anyone?

(S) wrote in message . com>...
> I am going to the Oak Room this Saturday for dinner and I was
> wondering if anyone here had an opinion about it. I've heard mixed
> reviews about this place so I am a bit apprehensive about going. Some
> say it's perfect, some say it's unreliable, etc. Anyone here have any
> advice on what to order, etc?

OoooK. No help.

For posterity I am posting this:

Expensive. 2 drinks at the bar while waiting for our table cost $32.
That's just plain stupid. Sat us in the small side room - not the
main dining room. I didn't like that. Felt isolated from the actual
restaurant. Food was great - chateaubriand cooked perfectly to order.
Deserts were a little off- Baked Alaska was really nothing more than
rock-hard ice cream surrounded by whipped cream. Pre-made, anyone?
Was all right though. I'd go back.