FoodBanter.com

-   Restaurants (https://www.foodbanter.com/restaurants/)
-   -   How do I become Hotel/Restaurant reviewer? (https://www.foodbanter.com/restaurants/12682-how-do-i-become.html)

Moi 25-01-2004 01:22 AM

How do I become Hotel/Restaurant reviewer?

How do I become Hotel/Restaurant reviewer?

Hi, hope you can help. There's a job people tell me I would be excellent
at, and I've wanted to try for as long as I can remember. The time is now
right, but I need a point in the right direction to get started.

The job would be of the 'secret shopper' variety, only travelling around the
country/ies (I live in UK) reviewing hotels and/or restaurants, then doing
the write-ups you see in books such as the AA Hotel Guide, as well as
recommendations for adding/removing 'stars' from the hotel's name.

A few questions to anyone in the know :)

How do I get started?
Is it full-time, travelling from one to the next?
How long is the avg. hotel stay to assess?
Are vacancies hard to come by or are they always looking?
What is the avg. salary?
Are all expenses included (board, food, petrol)?
Do they favour husband & wife teams?

Any help gratefully appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Bob W.

Anthony 25-01-2004 10:34 PM

"Moi" > wrote in message
> How do I become Hotel/Restaurant reviewer?
>
> Hi, hope you can help. There's a job people tell me I would be excellent
> at, and I've wanted to try for as long as I can remember. The time is now
> right, but I need a point in the right direction to get started.
>
> The job would be of the 'secret shopper' variety, only travelling around

the
> country/ies (I live in UK) reviewing hotels and/or restaurants, then doing
> the write-ups you see in books such as the AA Hotel Guide

Why not simply get in touch with AA?

Steve Calvin 30-01-2004 05:28 PM

Anthony wrote:
> "Moi" > wrote in message
>
>>How do I become Hotel/Restaurant reviewer?
>>
>>Hi, hope you can help. There's a job people tell me I would be excellent
>>at, and I've wanted to try for as long as I can remember. The time is now
>>right, but I need a point in the right direction to get started.
>>
>>The job would be of the 'secret shopper' variety, only travelling around

> the
>
>>country/ies (I live in UK) reviewing hotels and/or restaurants, then doing
>>the write-ups you see in books such as the AA Hotel Guide

> Why not simply get in touch with AA?

Alcoholics Anon. has a Hotel Guide???? (just kiddin')

Anthony 30-01-2004 10:58 PM

"Steve Calvin" > wrote in message

> Alcoholics Anon. has a Hotel Guide???? (just kiddin')

Yesh, sure does. Test for best martoonis.