Jay

Default tip to service/wine director???

we were having dinner at a fine restaurant and we asked the manager
who happened to be the wine and service director whether we should
drink a nice bottle we have been saving or age it. he suggested we
drink it and offer to have his restaurant design a meal to match our
tastes and wine. we agreed and will be doing to tomorrow.

the question we have is: is it customary to tip such a person for his
help?

thanks for the help....