FoodBanter.com

-   Restaurants (https://www.foodbanter.com/restaurants/)
-   -   Japanese restaurants in Portland OR (https://www.foodbanter.com/restaurants/12661-japanese-restaurants-portland.html)

Anonymous 31-12-2003 08:41 AM

Japanese restaurants in Portland OR

Are there any authentic Japanese restaurant in Portland area that isnt own/operated by Koreans?

SHO 05-01-2004 09:18 PM

Japanese restaurants in Portland OR

Restautant Murata 200 SW Market St # 105, Portland, OR 97201 (503) 227-0080.
This place is very authentic and don't expect those wacky rolls. It is
truely one of the best in NW from my experience. Real fresh!

edandkasey 15-01-2004 09:43 AM

Japanese restaurants in Portland OR

Bush garden downtown is nice. I like Todai, even if it is trendy and pricey.
There's a little place in the corner of Uyashami (I butchered that for sure,
it's an Asian market in Beaverton, if you've never been you simply must.)
the food at the restaurant is okay. I've never eaten at it, but on 23rd
there's a new sushi joint sushi-ville, looks fun.

dgs 15-01-2004 09:27 PM

edandkasey wrote:

> Bush garden downtown is nice. I like Todai, even if it is trendy and pricey.

Todai? Overpriced bland crap. Never again. Barely even Japanese.

> There's a little place in the corner of Uyashami (I butchered that for sure,
> it's an Asian market in Beaverton, if you've never been you simply must.)

Uwajimaya.
--
dgs