FoodBanter.com

-   Restaurants (https://www.foodbanter.com/restaurants/)
-   -   Dolphin Korean Restaurant in Chicago (https://www.foodbanter.com/restaurants/12658-dolphin-korean-restaurant-chicago.html)

Chris Morton 28-12-2003 09:44 PM

Dolphin Korean Restaurant in Chicago

Does anyone who knows Chicago remember The Dolphin, a Korean restaurant on N.
Clark St., south of Wrigley field near a cemetary? They used to stay open until
the staff got tired and went home, sometimes after 1-2am.

I used to eat there in the mid-'80s. I can't seem to find it anymore. Is it
closed, renamed, or moved?

PS - Does anyone know where to buy OB or Crown beer in Chicago?

Thanks.

--
Gun control, the theory that 110lb. women should have to fistfight with 210lb.
rapists.

Chris Morton 29-12-2003 02:58 PM

Dolphin Korean Restaurant in Chicago

In article >, Steve Wertz says...

>On 28 Dec 2003 13:44:16 -0800, Chris Morton >
>wrote:
>
>>Does anyone who knows Chicago remember The Dolphin, a Korean restaurant on N.
>>Clark St., south of Wrigley field near a cemetary? They used to stay open until
>>the staff got tired and went home, sometimes after 1-2am.
>>
>>I used to eat there in the mid-'80s. I can't seem to find it anymore. Is it
>>closed, renamed, or moved?
>>
>>PS - Does anyone know where to buy OB or Crown beer in Chicago?

>Just FYI - There's a chi.eats group.

Thanks.

Can Altinbay 29-12-2003 04:56 PM

"Chris Morton" > wrote in message
> In article >, Steve Wertz says...
> >
> >On 28 Dec 2003 13:44:16 -0800, Chris Morton >
> >wrote:
> >
> >>Does anyone who knows Chicago remember The Dolphin, a Korean restaurant

on N.
> >>Clark St., south of Wrigley field near a cemetary? They used to stay

open until
> >>the staff got tired and went home, sometimes after 1-2am.
> >>
> >>I used to eat there in the mid-'80s. I can't seem to find it anymore.

Is it
> >>closed, renamed, or moved?
> >>
> >>PS - Does anyone know where to buy OB or Crown beer in Chicago?

> >Just FYI - There's a chi.eats group.

> Thanks.
>

> --
> Gun control, the theory that 110lb. women should have to fistfight with

210lb.
> rapists.

....as opposed to the theory that said rapist will wait patiently while woman
fishes gun out of her purse.

Chris Morton 29-12-2003 06:44 PM

Dolphin Korean Restaurant in Chicago

In article k.net>, Can
Altinbay says...

>"Chris Morton" > wrote in message
>> In article >, Steve Wertz says...

>on N.

>open until

>Is it

>> >Just FYI - There's a chi.eats group.

>> Thanks.
>>

>> --
>> Gun control, the theory that 110lb. women should have to fistfight with

>210lb.
>> rapists.
>>

>...as opposed to the theory that said rapist will wait patiently while woman
>fishes gun out of her purse.

I'm endlessly fascinated by the contempt which gun control advocates display for
the intellect and character of women. Apparently, you don't think that a woman
is smart enough to either use a holster or a purse designed for the carrying of
firearms. You also don't appear to believe that women are smart enough to carry
firearms which can be fired from inside a purse or a coat pocket.

Misogyny is a consistent trait of gun control advocates....

Suzanne 29-12-2003 07:06 PM

Dolphin Korean Restaurant in Chicago

On 12/29/03 10:44 AM, in article , "Chris Morton"
> wrote:

> In article k.net>, Can
> Altinbay says...
>>
>> "Chris Morton" > wrote in message
>>> In article >, Steve Wertz says...

>> on N.

>> open until

>> Is it

>>> Thanks.
>>>

>>> --
>>> Gun control, the theory that 110lb. women should have to fistfight with

>> 210lb.
>>> rapists.
>>>

>> ...as opposed to the theory that said rapist will wait patiently while woman
>> fishes gun out of her purse.

> I'm endlessly fascinated by the contempt which gun control advocates display
> for
> the intellect and character of women. Apparently, you don't think that a
> woman
> is smart enough to either use a holster or a purse designed for the carrying
> of
> firearms. You also don't appear to believe that women are smart enough to
> carry
> firearms which can be fired from inside a purse or a coat pocket.
>
> Misogyny is a consistent trait of gun control advocates....
>

> --
> Gun control, the theory that 110lb. women should have to fistfight with 210lb.
> rapists.

Gun Control, 210lb. rapist taking the gun away from 110lb. women...or 210lb
raping the 110lb women with his gun pointing to her head.

Suzanne 29-12-2003 07:22 PM

Dolphin Korean Restaurant in Chicago

On 12/29/03 10:44 AM, in article , "Chris Morton"
> wrote:

> In article k.net>, Can
> Altinbay says...
>>
>> "Chris Morton" > wrote in message
>>> In article >, Steve Wertz says...

>> on N.

>> open until

>> Is it

>>> Thanks.
>>>

>>> --
>>> Gun control, the theory that 110lb. women should have to fistfight with

>> 210lb.
>>> rapists.
>>>

>> ...as opposed to the theory that said rapist will wait patiently while woman
>> fishes gun out of her purse.

> I'm endlessly fascinated by the contempt which gun control advocates display
> for
> the intellect and character of women. Apparently, you don't think that a
> woman
> is smart enough to either use a holster or a purse designed for the carrying
> of
> firearms. You also don't appear to believe that women are smart enough to
> carry
> firearms which can be fired from inside a purse or a coat pocket.
>
> Misogyny is a consistent trait of gun control advocates....
>

> --
> Gun control, the theory that 110lb. women should have to fistfight with 210lb.
> rapists.

I think gun control is controlling who gets to have and carry which guns all
together. Wouldn't you think this is necessary in this civilized nation??

Chris Morton 30-12-2003 12:39 AM

Dolphin Korean Restaurant in Chicago

In article >, Suzanne says...

>Gun Control, 210lb. rapist taking the gun away from 110lb. women...or 210lb
>raping the 110lb women with his gun pointing to her head.

Why would a woman give a gun to a violent assailant? I've known a lot of women
and I haven't met a single one that stupid.

Can you cite for me a example of a woman giving her gun to an assailant in that
way? I've been asking for an example for something like twenty years and nobody
can provide one.

Assuming for argument's sake that you're actually a woman, why do you have such
a low opinion of the intelligence and common sense of women?

And just as an aside, I thought this was a newsgroup devoted to food and
restaurants....

Chris Morton 30-12-2003 12:44 AM

Dolphin Korean Restaurant in Chicago

In article >, Suzanne says...

>I think gun control is controlling who gets to have and carry which guns all
>together. Wouldn't you think this is necessary in this civilized nation??

Leaving aside the fact that this is a newsgroup devoted to food and restaurants,
gun control is usually depriving access to weapons to disfavored members of
society. Traditionally in this country, that has meant non-Whites and
non-Christians. Oddly, such controls never seem to impact actual criminals.
But then that's not the purpose of such laws in the first place. Gun control
isn't about guns, it's about control, usually of minorities. Certainly that's
the way it works in Chicago.

Can Altinbay 30-12-2003 06:00 PM

Dolphin Korean Restaurant in Chicago

"Chris Morton" > wrote in message
> In article >, Suzanne says...
>
> >Gun Control, 210lb. rapist taking the gun away from 110lb. women...or

210lb
> >raping the 110lb women with his gun pointing to her head.

> Why would a woman give a gun to a violent assailant? I've known a lot of

women
> and I haven't met a single one that stupid.
>
> Can you cite for me a example of a woman giving her gun to an assailant in

that
> way? I've been asking for an example for something like twenty years and

nobody
> can provide one.

What part of rapist taking the gun away don't you understand?

> Assuming for argument's sake that you're actually a woman, why do you have

such
> a low opinion of the intelligence and common sense of women?

What does intelligence have to do with the rapist forcibly taking the gun?

> And just as an aside, I thought this was a newsgroup devoted to food and
> restaurants....

You're the one with the gun control sig. if you don't want it pointed out,
don't put it there.

Can Altinbay 30-12-2003 06:03 PM

Dolphin Korean Restaurant in Chicago

"Chris Morton" > wrote in message

> I'm endlessly fascinated by the contempt which gun control advocates

display for
> the intellect and character of women. Apparently, you don't think that a

woman
> is smart enough to either use a holster or a purse designed for the

carrying of
> firearms. You also don't appear to believe that women are smart enough to

carry
> firearms which can be fired from inside a purse or a coat pocket.
>
> Misogyny is a consistent trait of gun control advocates....

Don't you love it. No one ever said anything about intelligence, and we
come up with THIS doozy.

For the record, I know women who could take out said rapist easily. It's a
matter of training, and they don't have to find their gun. So don't give me
misogynist. Straw man of the worst kind.

And your examples still mean the woman has to get to the gun. That takes
time.

Can Altinbay 30-12-2003 06:03 PM

Dolphin Korean Restaurant in Chicago

"Chris Morton" > wrote in message
> In article >, Suzanne says...
>
> >I think gun control is controlling who gets to have and carry which guns

all
> >together. Wouldn't you think this is necessary in this civilized nation??

> Leaving aside the fact that this is a newsgroup devoted to food and

restaurants,
> gun control is usually depriving access to weapons to disfavored members

of
> society. Traditionally in this country, that has meant non-Whites and
> non-Christians. Oddly, such controls never seem to impact actual

criminals.
> But then that's not the purpose of such laws in the first place. Gun

control
> isn't about guns, it's about control, usually of minorities. Certainly

that's
> the way it works in Chicago.

You've GOT to be kidding.

Chris Morton 30-12-2003 07:09 PM

Dolphin Korean Restaurant in Chicago

In article .net>, Can Altinbay
says...

>What part of rapist taking the gun away don't you understand?

What part of why would the woman let him, don't you understand?

You obviously have a profound level of contempt for women.

>> Assuming for argument's sake that you're actually a woman, why do you have

>such
>> a low opinion of the intelligence and common sense of women?
>>

>What does intelligence have to do with the rapist forcibly taking the gun?

Why would an intelligent woman LET him?

Why are you so contemptuous of women?

>> And just as an aside, I thought this was a newsgroup devoted to food and
>> restaurants....
>>

>You're the one with the gun control sig. if you don't want it pointed out,
>don't put it there.

You can always tell a troll: they fixate on signatures they can't refute to the
exclusion of the subject matter of the newsgroup.

Chris Morton 30-12-2003 07:14 PM

Dolphin Korean Restaurant in Chicago

In article .net>, Can Altinbay
says...

>"Chris Morton" > wrote in message
>>
>> I'm endlessly fascinated by the contempt which gun control advocates

>display for
>> the intellect and character of women. Apparently, you don't think that a

>woman
>> is smart enough to either use a holster or a purse designed for the

>carrying of
>> firearms. You also don't appear to believe that women are smart enough to

>carry
>> firearms which can be fired from inside a purse or a coat pocket.
>>
>> Misogyny is a consistent trait of gun control advocates....
>>

>Don't you love it. No one ever said anything about intelligence, and we
>come up with THIS doozy.

Woman who acted as you suggest would be stupid. I don't believe women by and
large are stupid.

>For the record, I know women who could take out said rapist easily. It's a
>matter of training, and they don't have to find their gun. So don't give me
>misogynist. Straw man of the worst kind.

Once again, you advocate 110lb. 60 year old women fistfighting with 210lb. 20
year old rapists. You don't mind if the woman resists, you just don't want her
to prevail. What do you call that, "foreplay"?

That's Taliban grade misogyny on your part.

>And your examples still mean the woman has to get to the gun. That takes
>time.

How MUCH time? 2 hours? 10 days?

Like most anti-gunners, in addition to being a misogynist, you know nothing
about firearms or self-defense.

And yet again, I point out that this is a newsgroup devoted to food and
restaurants, not one devoted to advocating the welfare of violent rapists.

Chris Morton 30-12-2003 07:16 PM

Dolphin Korean Restaurant in Chicago

In article .net>, Can Altinbay
says...

>"Chris Morton" > wrote in message
>> In article >, Suzanne says...
>>
>> >I think gun control is controlling who gets to have and carry which guns

>all
>> >together. Wouldn't you think this is necessary in this civilized nation??

>> Leaving aside the fact that this is a newsgroup devoted to food and

>restaurants,
>> gun control is usually depriving access to weapons to disfavored members

>of
>> society. Traditionally in this country, that has meant non-Whites and
>> non-Christians. Oddly, such controls never seem to impact actual

>criminals.
>> But then that's not the purpose of such laws in the first place. Gun

>control
>> isn't about guns, it's about control, usually of minorities. Certainly

>that's
>> the way it works in Chicago.
>>

>You've GOT to be kidding.

History doesn't lie, but malicious people lie about it. You appear to be no
exception.

And yet again, I point out that this is a newsgroup devoted to food and
restaurants, not your desire to see violent rapists complete their crimes
without harm to themselves.

Shatto 31-12-2003 01:52 AM

Dolphin Korean Restaurant in Chicago

Who is the stupid one here. The lady said "taking" the gun, not "giving" the
gun. I think your intellect is at question here.

Suzanne 31-12-2003 02:12 AM

Dolphin Korean Restaurant in Chicago

On 12/29/03 4:39 PM, in article , "Chris Morton"
> wrote:

> In article >, Suzanne says...
>
>> Gun Control, 210lb. rapist taking the gun away from 110lb. women...or 210lb
>> raping the 110lb women with his gun pointing to her head.

> Why would a woman give a gun to a violent assailant? I've known a lot of
> women
> and I haven't met a single one that stupid.
>
> Can you cite for me a example of a woman giving her gun to an assailant in
> that
> way? I've been asking for an example for something like twenty years and
> nobody
> can provide one.
>
> Assuming for argument's sake that you're actually a woman, why do you have
> such
> a low opinion of the intelligence and common sense of women?
>
> And just as an aside, I thought this was a newsgroup devoted to food and
> restaurants....
>

> --
> Gun control, the theory that 110lb. women should have to fistfight with 210lb.
> rapists.

I mean to say taking the gun forcibly. The point here is that it is wrong to
assume that guns will resolve many of social issues we have as believed by
many gun advocates (intentionally or not). I am not saying we should control
guns, but we need to control people who use guns, especially in this
paranoid stricken America. I think the need to be relieved of this paranoia
via owing a gun(s) must be dealt with in this country. I don't believe in
shoot first and ask question later (if he/she survives). And may I ask how
do I come across as having low opinion of women. I think you are taking
things one step ahead of yourself. Just because people supports or have
otherwise non-agreeable notion to gun control does not necessitate insult to
any gender. However, Yes, I do agree that this is a food related newsgroup,
I just couldn't help seeing your strong statement on guns footnoted on all
your messages. I am complimenting you by noticing it and having rational
retort. You don't expect all people to agree with you? Well, do you?

Suzanne 31-12-2003 02:17 AM

Dolphin Korean Restaurant in Chicago

On 12/29/03 4:44 PM, in article , "Chris Morton"
> wrote:

> In article >, Suzanne says...
>
>> I think gun control is controlling who gets to have and carry which guns all
>> together. Wouldn't you think this is necessary in this civilized nation??

> Leaving aside the fact that this is a newsgroup devoted to food and
> restaurants,
> gun control is usually depriving access to weapons to disfavored members of
> society. Traditionally in this country, that has meant non-Whites and
> non-Christians. Oddly, such controls never seem to impact actual criminals.
> But then that's not the purpose of such laws in the first place. Gun control
> isn't about guns, it's about control, usually of minorities. Certainly that's
> the way it works in Chicago.
>

> --
> Gun control, the theory that 110lb. women should have to fistfight with 210lb.
> rapists.

That's strange, here in Los Angeles we have the minorities as the
predominant owners of guns. So, your theory doesn't work here in LA, may be
just in Chicago.

Chris Morton 31-12-2003 02:35 AM

Dolphin Korean Restaurant in Chicago

In article <aZpIb.700589$Tr4.1752318@attbi_s03>, Shatto says...

>Who is the stupid one here. The lady said "taking" the gun, not "giving" the
>gun. I think your intellect is at question here.

The stupid one is the one who thinks that the woman would LET someone take a
loaded gun away from her. It's indicative of a profound contempt for women.

And let me point out again that this is a newsgroup devoted to restaurants and
food, not advocacy of the welfare of violent rapists.

Chris Morton 31-12-2003 02:40 AM

Dolphin Korean Restaurant in Chicago

In article >, Suzanne says...

>I mean to say taking the gun forcibly. The point here is that it is wrong to

Have YOU ever taken a loaded gun away from somebody?

>assume that guns will resolve many of social issues we have as believed by
>many gun advocates (intentionally or not). I am not saying we should control
>guns, but we need to control people who use guns, especially in this
>paranoid stricken America. I think the need to be relieved of this paranoia
>via owing a gun(s) must be dealt with in this country. I don't believe in

So then violent rape is just a creature of paranoia and never happens?

>shoot first and ask question later (if he/she survives). And may I ask how
>do I come across as having low opinion of women. I think you are taking
>things one step ahead of yourself. Just because people supports or have

You presume a priori that women are too stupid and foolish to defend themselves
with a firearm. That's misogyny.

>otherwise non-agreeable notion to gun control does not necessitate insult to
>any gender. However, Yes, I do agree that this is a food related newsgroup,
>I just couldn't help seeing your strong statement on guns footnoted on all
>your messages. I am complimenting you by noticing it and having rational
>retort. You don't expect all people to agree with you? Well, do you?

If you assume the worst of a gender, that's an insult. If it's against women,
that's misogyny. You have assumed from the beginning that a woman hasn't got
enough sense to act appropriately when a violent attacker attempts to harm and
or disarm her. There's a really simple solution to that problem, and we both
know what it is. Why have you not admitted what it is? Because you don't want
to see the rapist come to harm.

As for the purpose of this newsgroup, I attempted to use it for that purpose.
You have attempted to divert it from same.

Chris Morton 31-12-2003 02:43 AM

Dolphin Korean Restaurant in Chicago

In article >, Suzanne says...

>That's strange, here in Los Angeles we have the minorities as the
>predominant owners of guns. So, your theory doesn't work here in LA, may be
>just in Chicago.

Yes, as bizarre as Los Angeles is, it's nowhere near as bizarre as Chicago. Or
perhaps it's just bizarre in different ways....

Here's a question for you:

I'm Black. What would it take for me to move to Chicago with my handguns?

And yes, it's a trick question. Show everyone how smart you are and explain HOW
it's a trick question.

Suzanne 31-12-2003 02:51 AM

Dolphin Korean Restaurant in Chicago

On 12/30/03 11:09 AM, in article , "Chris Morton"
> wrote:

> In article .net>, Can
> Altinbay
> says...
>
>> What part of rapist taking the gun away don't you understand?

> What part of why would the woman let him, don't you understand?
>
> You obviously have a profound level of contempt for women.

Chris, you may be misunderstand something here. Nobody is making an issue
about women except you. You are jumping your guns.

>>> Assuming for argument's sake that you're actually a woman, why do you have

>> such
>>> a low opinion of the intelligence and common sense of women?
>>>

>> What does intelligence have to do with the rapist forcibly taking the gun?

> Why would an intelligent woman LET him?
>
> Why are you so contemptuous of women?

Again, you seem to be fixated on the idea that people are constantly have
some level of contempt against women.

Can Altinbay 31-12-2003 04:40 AM

Dolphin Korean Restaurant in Chicago

"Chris Morton" > wrote in message
> In article <aZpIb.700589$Tr4.1752318@attbi_s03>, Shatto says...
> >
> >Who is the stupid one here. The lady said "taking" the gun, not "giving"

the
> >gun. I think your intellect is at question here.

> The stupid one is the one who thinks that the woman would LET someone take

> loaded gun away from her. It's indicative of a profound contempt for

women.

> And let me point out again that this is a newsgroup devoted to restaurants

and
> food, not advocacy of the welfare of violent rapists.

Again, wanton misinterpretation/ puttying words into othrs' mouths. Or do
you REALLY not understand plain english that well?

So if it bothers you that this is not related to the newsgroup, why do you
keep responding?

Can Altinbay 31-12-2003 04:46 AM

Dolphin Korean Restaurant in Chicago

"Chris Morton" > wrote in message

> If you assume the worst of a gender, that's an insult. If it's against

women,
> that's misogyny. You have assumed from the beginning that a woman hasn't

got
> enough sense to act appropriately when a violent attacker attempts to harm

and
> or disarm her. There's a really simple solution to that problem, and we

both
> know what it is. Why have you not admitted what it is? Because you don't

want
> to see the rapist come to harm.

WHO assumes the worst of a gender? HOW is the woman going not not let the
rapist take the gun? You yourself, in your .sig, which is NOT on topic for
the group, said that the gun protects the woman from the rapist. That
implies that the rapist is strong enough to wrest it from her, provided that
she can even reach the gun in enough time. You have also advocated new
women's fashion - holsters. Have we really come to that?

Your reasoning sucks bigtime. No one is protecting the rapist. This is
really the kind of stuff people come up with so often because they don't
have real arguments.

> As for the purpose of this newsgroup, I attempted to use it for that

purpose.
> You have attempted to divert it from same.

But you have a .sig that is off topic and you insist on inflicting on us
every time. Do you think that we enjoy reading it?

If you think it's off topic, and it really bothers you, don't respond. Let
it die.

Can Altinbay 31-12-2003 04:49 AM

Dolphin Korean Restaurant in Chicago

"Chris Morton" > wrote in message

> History doesn't lie, but malicious people lie about it. You appear to be

no
> exception.

You're the "no exception".

You tell bizarre stories about gun control people being anti-women,
anti-minority. You don't even know what kinds of people are for gun
control. You just have your theories and spout, spout, spout.

> And yet again, I point out that this is a newsgroup devoted to food and
> restaurants, not your desire to see violent rapists complete their crimes
> without harm to themselves.

And yet again, I point out that if you find it offensive, you could simply
not respond. And maybe take that offensive sig off of your posts.

Can Altinbay 31-12-2003 04:53 AM

Dolphin Korean Restaurant in Chicago

"Chris Morton" > wrote in message
> In article .net>, Can

Altinbay
> says...
> >
> >"Chris Morton" > wrote in message
> >>
> >> I'm endlessly fascinated by the contempt which gun control advocates

> >display for
> >> the intellect and character of women. Apparently, you don't think that

> >woman
> >> is smart enough to either use a holster or a purse designed for the

> >carrying of
> >> firearms. You also don't appear to believe that women are smart enough

> >carry
> >> firearms which can be fired from inside a purse or a coat pocket.
> >>
> >> Misogyny is a consistent trait of gun control advocates....
> >>

> >Don't you love it. No one ever said anything about intelligence, and we
> >come up with THIS doozy.

> Woman who acted as you suggest would be stupid. I don't believe women by

and
> large are stupid.

First, we have this.

> >For the record, I know women who could take out said rapist easily. It's

> >matter of training, and they don't have to find their gun. So don't give

me
> >misogynist. Straw man of the worst kind.

> Once again, you advocate 110lb. 60 year old women fistfighting with 210lb.

20
> year old rapists. You don't mind if the woman resists, you just don't

want her
> to prevail. What do you call that, "foreplay"?

Then, we have this. So - is the woman capable of keeping the gun from going
to the rapist or not? She is intelligent, so she would not allow him to
have it. Yet, she is not able to handle him.

I didn't say fist fight. this lady I mentioned is a martial arts expert.

> That's Taliban grade misogyny on your part.

Straw man.

> >And your examples still mean the woman has to get to the gun. That takes
> >time.

> How MUCH time? 2 hours? 10 days?

How much time does he need?

> Like most anti-gunners, in addition to being a misogynist, you know

nothing
> about firearms or self-defense.

Since the former statement is untrue, and is a fabrication on your part
coming from no supporting evidence. the second part is suspect, too.

> And yet again, I point out that this is a newsgroup devoted to food and
> restaurants, not one devoted to advocating the welfare of violent rapists.

And yet again, yada yada.

Chris Morton 31-12-2003 06:12 AM

Dolphin Korean Restaurant in Chicago

In article >, Suzanne says...

>On 12/30/03 11:09 AM, in article , "Chris Morton"
> wrote:
>
>> In article .net>, Can
>> Altinbay
>> says...
>>
>>> What part of rapist taking the gun away don't you understand?

>> What part of why would the woman let him, don't you understand?
>>
>> You obviously have a profound level of contempt for women.

>Chris, you may be misunderstand something here. Nobody is making an issue
>about women except you. You are jumping your guns.

No, I've misunderstood nothing.

Women have consistently been portrayed as stupid and foolish. That's certainly
the only characterization for somebody who'd LET a violent criminal take a
loaded gun from them.

>> Why would an intelligent woman LET him?
>>
>> Why are you so contemptuous of women?

>Again, you seem to be fixated on the idea that people are constantly have
>some level of contempt against women.

Let's see, women are portrayed as generally stupid and foolish... but NOT in a
contemptuous way... yeah, right.

And yet again I note that this is SUPPOSED to be a newsgroup about food and
restaurants... the ONLY subject I might add which I have initiated here.

Chris Morton 31-12-2003 06:13 AM

Dolphin Korean Restaurant in Chicago

In article >, Steve Wertz says...

>On 29 Dec 2003 06:58:09 -0800, Chris Morton >
>wrote:
>
>>Thanks.

>No problemo.
>
>It is kind of funny how one word can start a flame war, though.

A flame war in usenet???

I'm shocked, shocked! : )

Chris Morton 31-12-2003 06:15 AM

Dolphin Korean Restaurant in Chicago

In article k.net>, Can
Altinbay says...

>"Chris Morton" > wrote in message
>> In article <aZpIb.700589$Tr4.1752318@attbi_s03>, Shatto says...
>> >
>> >Who is the stupid one here. The lady said "taking" the gun, not "giving"

>the
>> >gun. I think your intellect is at question here.

>> The stupid one is the one who thinks that the woman would LET someone take

>> loaded gun away from her. It's indicative of a profound contempt for

>women.
>>
>> And let me point out again that this is a newsgroup devoted to restaurants

>and
>> food, not advocacy of the welfare of violent rapists.
>>

>Again, wanton misinterpretation/ puttying words into othrs' mouths. Or do
>you REALLY not understand plain english that well?

Women have been repeatedly portrayed as idiots and buffoons... in plain English.

I find that disgusting.

>So if it bothers you that this is not related to the newsgroup, why do you
>keep responding?

If you can't prevail with misogyny, why not give up? It's pretty much all you
have, and it's not working.

And I note again that this is a newsgroup devoted to food and restaurants, the
ONLY subject which I have initiated here.

Chris Morton 31-12-2003 06:27 AM

Dolphin Korean Restaurant in Chicago

In article k.net>, Can
Altinbay says...

>WHO assumes the worst of a gender? HOW is the woman going not not let the
>rapist take the gun? You yourself, in your .sig, which is NOT on topic for

By shooting him center of mass until he ceases and desists, or until he is dead.

Of course you might see that as a BAD thing. But then misogynists generally do.
Take the Taliban for instance.

>the group, said that the gun protects the woman from the rapist. That

Strange, I was unaware of a "law" that .sigs had to be relevant to groups. Does
that apply to everyone, to everyone whom you can't refute, or just me?

>implies that the rapist is strong enough to wrest it from her, provided that
>she can even reach the gun in enough time. You have also advocated new
>women's fashion - holsters. Have we really come to that?

You don't generally see anybody wresting anything from anyone, with a 158gr.
..357 hollowpoint in his abdomen... well outside of "Outer Limits" marathons
anyway. And that's pretty much where most anti-gun "knowledge" of firearms
comes from, isn't it? Everything you think you know about weapons and
self-defense you learned on "Hawaii Five-O", right?

As for holsters vs. rape and murder, most of the women I know prefer the former.
Misogynists generally prefer the latter. You've got to side with the woman or
the rapist. I side with the woman. You on the other hand....

>Your reasoning sucks bigtime. No one is protecting the rapist. This is
>really the kind of stuff people come up with so often because they don't
>have real arguments.

You either choose the woman or the rapist. Not choosing is a choice for the
rapist. Just admit that you view women as chattel and move on.

>> As for the purpose of this newsgroup, I attempted to use it for that

>purpose.
>> You have attempted to divert it from same.
>>

>But you have a .sig that is off topic and you insist on inflicting on us
>every time. Do you think that we enjoy reading it?

I wasn't aware that I had a gun to your head FORCING you to read it. In fact,
you have no duty to read either my messages or my .sig. Am I that compelling,
or are you simply intolerant of all opinions which differ from yours?

If my .sig so offends your medieval view of women as property, just tell me what
newsreader you're using and I'll gladly provide you with assistance in
killfiling me. I will NOT however be bullied into self-censorship by anti-woman
Neanderthals who think that rape victims should just "lie back and enjoy it".

>If you think it's off topic, and it really bothers you, don't respond. Let
>it die.

Dr. Mengele, heal thyself.

Chris Morton 31-12-2003 06:32 AM

Dolphin Korean Restaurant in Chicago

In article k.net>, Can
Altinbay says...

>You tell bizarre stories about gun control people being anti-women,
>anti-minority. You don't even know what kinds of people are for gun
>control. You just have your theories and spout, spout, spout.

I know EXACTLY what kind of people are in favor of gun control. If you bother
to see who passed the first gun control laws in the United States and why, you
would too. But that would be rather embarassing for you. On the other hand, it
might be amusing to learn what kind of sheet you wear, flat or fitted.

>> And yet again, I point out that this is a newsgroup devoted to food and
>> restaurants, not your desire to see violent rapists complete their crimes
>> without harm to themselves.
>>

>And yet again, I point out that if you find it offensive, you could simply
>not respond. And maybe take that offensive sig off of your posts.

And yet again, I point out that I have no duty to engage in self-censorship to
pander to misogynists who treat women like chattel.

And what exactly have all of your whiny attacks upon the intelligence and common
sense of woman had to do with food or restaurants?

Chris Morton 31-12-2003 06:48 AM

Dolphin Korean Restaurant in Chicago

In article k.net>, Can
Altinbay says...

>Then, we have this. So - is the woman capable of keeping the gun from going
>to the rapist or not? She is intelligent, so she would not allow him to
>have it. Yet, she is not able to handle him.
>
>I didn't say fist fight. this lady I mentioned is a martial arts expert.

Oh, I see the problem. Obviously you've never been told this:

"Xena Warrior Princess" is NOT a documentary.

>> That's Taliban grade misogyny on your part.
>>

>Straw man.

Painful truth... for you anyway.

>> >And your examples still mean the woman has to get to the gun. That takes
>> >time.

>> How MUCH time? 2 hours? 10 days?
>>

>How much time does he need?

More than she'll give him.

But again, your knowledge of firearms and self-defense is confined to reruns of
"Starsky and Hutch".

>> Like most anti-gunners, in addition to being a misogynist, you know

>nothing
>> about firearms or self-defense.
>>

>Since the former statement is untrue, and is a fabrication on your part
>coming from no supporting evidence. the second part is suspect, too.

You have displayed nothing but profound ignorance of the subject. I don't
expect that to change. You glory too much in your wilfull ignorance.

>> And yet again, I point out that this is a newsgroup devoted to food and
>> restaurants, not one devoted to advocating the welfare of violent rapists.
>>

>And yet again, yada yada.

What exactly did your post have to do with food or restaurants?

Shatto 31-12-2003 07:55 AM

Dolphin Korean Restaurant in Chicago

Alright, anyone with any level of intellect knows that history is an
interpretation of historical or archeological data. History is not a fact.
We were never there.

"Chris Morton" > wrote in message
> In article .net>, Can

Altinbay

Shatto 31-12-2003 08:44 AM

Dolphin Korean Restaurant in Chicago

To generalize all women to be not stupid is blatantly stupid.

Shatto 31-12-2003 08:57 AM

Dolphin Korean Restaurant in Chicago

Oh, boy. It has nothing to do with "Letting" take the weapon. Are you saying
that intelligent people don't let people take anything away from them?? When
it come to rape or other violent crimes it has nothing to do with "letting."
Shit happens. If the perpetrator know what he is doing he WILL take that gun
away. Face it. It has nothing to do with anyone's intellect. It has nothing
to do with contempt for women either. It's all about contempt for your
ignorance.

Suzanne 31-12-2003 09:19 AM

Dolphin Korean Restaurant in Chicago

On 12/30/03 6:43 PM, in article , "Chris Morton"
> wrote:

> In article >, Suzanne says...
>
>> That's strange, here in Los Angeles we have the minorities as the
>> predominant owners of guns. So, your theory doesn't work here in LA, may be
>> just in Chicago.

> Yes, as bizarre as Los Angeles is, it's nowhere near as bizarre as Chicago.
> Or
> perhaps it's just bizarre in different ways....
>
> Here's a question for you:
>
> I'm Black. What would it take for me to move to Chicago with my handguns?
>
> And yes, it's a trick question. Show everyone how smart you are and explain
> HOW
> it's a trick question.
>

> --
> Gun control, the theory that 110lb. women should have to fistfight with 210lb.
> rapists.

Sorry, I'm not as intelligent as you are, but I don't care to solve your
inconclusive riddle (if its one). Listen, you have your problems where ever
you live, but keep in mind that guns are not your solution to your
predicament. You got one, he's got two. I'm only imagining a society without
guns so that we can prevent Columbine. You can fathom that if you have any
sense.

Shatto 31-12-2003 09:22 AM

Dolphin Korean Restaurant in Chicago

Feel free to jump in anytime if you have any balls to say something of
importance. Its easy to be an onlooker.

Shatto 31-12-2003 09:23 AM

Dolphin Korean Restaurant in Chicago

What the F... are you taking about????? Make some sense you want to be taken
seriously...not that I do.

Shatto 31-12-2003 09:25 AM

Dolphin Korean Restaurant in Chicago

Anymore generality about any gender is take as stupid.

"Chris Morton" > wrote in message
> In article .net>, Can

Altinbay

Shatto 31-12-2003 09:28 AM

Dolphin Korean Restaurant in Chicago

Yah, It looks like you started all. Take that .sig out before I start
quoting Saddam.

Chris Morton 31-12-2003 02:39 PM

Dolphin Korean Restaurant in Chicago

In article <v%vIb.702017$Tr4.1769419@attbi_s03>, Shatto says...

>To generalize all women to be not stupid is blatantly stupid.

What percentage of women ARE stupid?

And what percentage of stupid women justifies forcing women to be victims of
violent rape?

By the way, what part of this has to do with food or restaurants?