Old 31-12-2003, 02:12 AM
Suzanne

Default Dolphin Korean Restaurant in Chicago

On 12/29/03 4:39 PM, in article , "Chris Morton"
wrote:

In article , Suzanne says...

Gun Control, 210lb. rapist taking the gun away from 110lb. women...or 210lb
raping the 110lb women with his gun pointing to her head.

Why would a woman give a gun to a violent assailant? I've known a lot of
women
and I haven't met a single one that stupid.

Can you cite for me a example of a woman giving her gun to an assailant in
that
way? I've been asking for an example for something like twenty years and
nobody
can provide one.

Assuming for argument's sake that you're actually a woman, why do you have
such
a low opinion of the intelligence and common sense of women?

And just as an aside, I thought this was a newsgroup devoted to food and
restaurants....

--
Gun control, the theory that 110lb. women should have to fistfight with 210lb.
rapists.

I mean to say taking the gun forcibly. The point here is that it is wrong to
assume that guns will resolve many of social issues we have as believed by
many gun advocates (intentionally or not). I am not saying we should control
guns, but we need to control people who use guns, especially in this
paranoid stricken America. I think the need to be relieved of this paranoia
via owing a gun(s) must be dealt with in this country. I don't believe in
shoot first and ask question later (if he/she survives). And may I ask how
do I come across as having low opinion of women. I think you are taking
things one step ahead of yourself. Just because people supports or have
otherwise non-agreeable notion to gun control does not necessitate insult to
any gender. However, Yes, I do agree that this is a food related newsgroup,
I just couldn't help seeing your strong statement on guns footnoted on all
your messages. I am complimenting you by noticing it and having rational
retort. You don't expect all people to agree with you? Well, do you?

Old 31-12-2003, 02:35 AM
Chris Morton

In article [email protected]_s03, Shatto says...

Who is the stupid one here. The lady said "taking" the gun, not "giving" the
gun. I think your intellect is at question here.

The stupid one is the one who thinks that the woman would LET someone take a
loaded gun away from her. It's indicative of a profound contempt for women.

And let me point out again that this is a newsgroup devoted to restaurants and
food, not advocacy of the welfare of violent rapists.

Old 31-12-2003, 02:40 AM
Chris Morton

In article , Suzanne says...

I mean to say taking the gun forcibly. The point here is that it is wrong to

Have YOU ever taken a loaded gun away from somebody?

assume that guns will resolve many of social issues we have as believed by
many gun advocates (intentionally or not). I am not saying we should control
guns, but we need to control people who use guns, especially in this
paranoid stricken America. I think the need to be relieved of this paranoia
via owing a gun(s) must be dealt with in this country. I don't believe in

So then violent rape is just a creature of paranoia and never happens?

shoot first and ask question later (if he/she survives). And may I ask how
do I come across as having low opinion of women. I think you are taking
things one step ahead of yourself. Just because people supports or have

You presume a priori that women are too stupid and foolish to defend themselves
with a firearm. That's misogyny.

otherwise non-agreeable notion to gun control does not necessitate insult to
any gender. However, Yes, I do agree that this is a food related newsgroup,
I just couldn't help seeing your strong statement on guns footnoted on all
your messages. I am complimenting you by noticing it and having rational
retort. You don't expect all people to agree with you? Well, do you?

If you assume the worst of a gender, that's an insult. If it's against women,
that's misogyny. You have assumed from the beginning that a woman hasn't got
enough sense to act appropriately when a violent attacker attempts to harm and
or disarm her. There's a really simple solution to that problem, and we both
know what it is. Why have you not admitted what it is? Because you don't want
to see the rapist come to harm.

As for the purpose of this newsgroup, I attempted to use it for that purpose.
You have attempted to divert it from same.

Old 31-12-2003, 02:43 AM
Chris Morton

In article , Suzanne says...

That's strange, here in Los Angeles we have the minorities as the
predominant owners of guns. So, your theory doesn't work here in LA, may be
just in Chicago.

Yes, as bizarre as Los Angeles is, it's nowhere near as bizarre as Chicago. Or
perhaps it's just bizarre in different ways....

Here's a question for you:

I'm Black. What would it take for me to move to Chicago with my handguns?

And yes, it's a trick question. Show everyone how smart you are and explain HOW
it's a trick question.

Old 31-12-2003, 04:40 AM
Can Altinbay

"Chris Morton" wrote in message
In article [email protected]_s03, Shatto says...

Who is the stupid one here. The lady said "taking" the gun, not "giving"

the
gun. I think your intellect is at question here.

The stupid one is the one who thinks that the woman would LET someone take

loaded gun away from her. It's indicative of a profound contempt for

women.

And let me point out again that this is a newsgroup devoted to restaurants

and
food, not advocacy of the welfare of violent rapists.

Again, wanton misinterpretation/ puttying words into othrs' mouths. Or do
you REALLY not understand plain english that well?

So if it bothers you that this is not related to the newsgroup, why do you
keep responding?

Old 31-12-2003, 04:46 AM
Can Altinbay

"Chris Morton" wrote in message

If you assume the worst of a gender, that's an insult. If it's against

women,
that's misogyny. You have assumed from the beginning that a woman hasn't

got
enough sense to act appropriately when a violent attacker attempts to harm

and
or disarm her. There's a really simple solution to that problem, and we

both
know what it is. Why have you not admitted what it is? Because you don't

want
to see the rapist come to harm.

WHO assumes the worst of a gender? HOW is the woman going not not let the
rapist take the gun? You yourself, in your .sig, which is NOT on topic for
the group, said that the gun protects the woman from the rapist. That
implies that the rapist is strong enough to wrest it from her, provided that
she can even reach the gun in enough time. You have also advocated new
women's fashion - holsters. Have we really come to that?

Your reasoning sucks bigtime. No one is protecting the rapist. This is
really the kind of stuff people come up with so often because they don't
have real arguments.

As for the purpose of this newsgroup, I attempted to use it for that

purpose.
You have attempted to divert it from same.

But you have a .sig that is off topic and you insist on inflicting on us
every time. Do you think that we enjoy reading it?

If you think it's off topic, and it really bothers you, don't respond. Let
it die.

Old 31-12-2003, 04:49 AM
Can Altinbay

"Chris Morton" wrote in message

History doesn't lie, but malicious people lie about it. You appear to be

no
exception.

You're the "no exception".

You tell bizarre stories about gun control people being anti-women,
anti-minority. You don't even know what kinds of people are for gun
control. You just have your theories and spout, spout, spout.

And yet again, I point out that this is a newsgroup devoted to food and
restaurants, not your desire to see violent rapists complete their crimes
without harm to themselves.

And yet again, I point out that if you find it offensive, you could simply
not respond. And maybe take that offensive sig off of your posts.

Old 31-12-2003, 04:53 AM
Can Altinbay

"Chris Morton" wrote in message
In article .net, Can

Altinbay
says...

"Chris Morton" wrote in message

I'm endlessly fascinated by the contempt which gun control advocates

display for
the intellect and character of women. Apparently, you don't think that

woman
is smart enough to either use a holster or a purse designed for the

carrying of
firearms. You also don't appear to believe that women are smart enough

carry
firearms which can be fired from inside a purse or a coat pocket.

Misogyny is a consistent trait of gun control advocates....

Don't you love it. No one ever said anything about intelligence, and we
come up with THIS doozy.

Woman who acted as you suggest would be stupid. I don't believe women by

and
large are stupid.

First, we have this.

For the record, I know women who could take out said rapist easily. It's

matter of training, and they don't have to find their gun. So don't give

me
misogynist. Straw man of the worst kind.

Once again, you advocate 110lb. 60 year old women fistfighting with 210lb.

20
year old rapists. You don't mind if the woman resists, you just don't

want her
to prevail. What do you call that, "foreplay"?

Then, we have this. So - is the woman capable of keeping the gun from going
to the rapist or not? She is intelligent, so she would not allow him to
have it. Yet, she is not able to handle him.

I didn't say fist fight. this lady I mentioned is a martial arts expert.

That's Taliban grade misogyny on your part.

Straw man.

And your examples still mean the woman has to get to the gun. That takes
time.

How MUCH time? 2 hours? 10 days?

How much time does he need?

Like most anti-gunners, in addition to being a misogynist, you know

nothing
about firearms or self-defense.

Since the former statement is untrue, and is a fabrication on your part
coming from no supporting evidence. the second part is suspect, too.

And yet again, I point out that this is a newsgroup devoted to food and
restaurants, not one devoted to advocating the welfare of violent rapists.

And yet again, yada yada.

Old 31-12-2003, 06:13 AM
Chris Morton

In article , Steve Wertz says...

On 29 Dec 2003 06:58:09 -0800, Chris Morton
wrote:

Thanks.

No problemo.

It is kind of funny how one word can start a flame war, though.

A flame war in usenet???

I'm shocked, shocked! : )

Old 31-12-2003, 06:15 AM
Chris Morton

In article k.net, Can
Altinbay says...

"Chris Morton" wrote in message
In article [email protected]_s03, Shatto says...

Who is the stupid one here. The lady said "taking" the gun, not "giving"

the
gun. I think your intellect is at question here.

The stupid one is the one who thinks that the woman would LET someone take

loaded gun away from her. It's indicative of a profound contempt for

women.

And let me point out again that this is a newsgroup devoted to restaurants

and
food, not advocacy of the welfare of violent rapists.

Again, wanton misinterpretation/ puttying words into othrs' mouths. Or do
you REALLY not understand plain english that well?

Women have been repeatedly portrayed as idiots and buffoons... in plain English.

I find that disgusting.

So if it bothers you that this is not related to the newsgroup, why do you
keep responding?

If you can't prevail with misogyny, why not give up? It's pretty much all you
have, and it's not working.

And I note again that this is a newsgroup devoted to food and restaurants, the
ONLY subject which I have initiated here.

Old 31-12-2003, 06:27 AM
Chris Morton

In article k.net, Can
Altinbay says...

WHO assumes the worst of a gender? HOW is the woman going not not let the
rapist take the gun? You yourself, in your .sig, which is NOT on topic for

By shooting him center of mass until he ceases and desists, or until he is dead.

Of course you might see that as a BAD thing. But then misogynists generally do.
Take the Taliban for instance.

the group, said that the gun protects the woman from the rapist. That

Strange, I was unaware of a "law" that .sigs had to be relevant to groups. Does
that apply to everyone, to everyone whom you can't refute, or just me?

implies that the rapist is strong enough to wrest it from her, provided that
she can even reach the gun in enough time. You have also advocated new
women's fashion - holsters. Have we really come to that?

You don't generally see anybody wresting anything from anyone, with a 158gr.
..357 hollowpoint in his abdomen... well outside of "Outer Limits" marathons
anyway. And that's pretty much where most anti-gun "knowledge" of firearms
comes from, isn't it? Everything you think you know about weapons and
self-defense you learned on "Hawaii Five-O", right?

As for holsters vs. rape and murder, most of the women I know prefer the former.
Misogynists generally prefer the latter. You've got to side with the woman or
the rapist. I side with the woman. You on the other hand....

Your reasoning sucks bigtime. No one is protecting the rapist. This is
really the kind of stuff people come up with so often because they don't
have real arguments.

You either choose the woman or the rapist. Not choosing is a choice for the
rapist. Just admit that you view women as chattel and move on.

As for the purpose of this newsgroup, I attempted to use it for that

purpose.
You have attempted to divert it from same.

But you have a .sig that is off topic and you insist on inflicting on us
every time. Do you think that we enjoy reading it?

I wasn't aware that I had a gun to your head FORCING you to read it. In fact,
you have no duty to read either my messages or my .sig. Am I that compelling,
or are you simply intolerant of all opinions which differ from yours?

If my .sig so offends your medieval view of women as property, just tell me what
newsreader you're using and I'll gladly provide you with assistance in
killfiling me. I will NOT however be bullied into self-censorship by anti-woman
Neanderthals who think that rape victims should just "lie back and enjoy it".

If you think it's off topic, and it really bothers you, don't respond. Let
it die.

Dr. Mengele, heal thyself.

Old 31-12-2003, 06:32 AM
Chris Morton

In article k.net, Can
Altinbay says...

You tell bizarre stories about gun control people being anti-women,
anti-minority. You don't even know what kinds of people are for gun
control. You just have your theories and spout, spout, spout.

I know EXACTLY what kind of people are in favor of gun control. If you bother
to see who passed the first gun control laws in the United States and why, you
would too. But that would be rather embarassing for you. On the other hand, it
might be amusing to learn what kind of sheet you wear, flat or fitted.

And yet again, I point out that this is a newsgroup devoted to food and
restaurants, not your desire to see violent rapists complete their crimes
without harm to themselves.

And yet again, I point out that if you find it offensive, you could simply
not respond. And maybe take that offensive sig off of your posts.

And yet again, I point out that I have no duty to engage in self-censorship to
pander to misogynists who treat women like chattel.

And what exactly have all of your whiny attacks upon the intelligence and common
sense of woman had to do with food or restaurants?