FoodBanter.com

-   Restaurants (https://www.foodbanter.com/restaurants/)
-   -   Washington DC on Christmas Day (https://www.foodbanter.com/restaurants/12650-washington-dc-christmas-day.html)

Oh, Guess 18-12-2003 06:29 AM

Washington DC on Christmas Day

What's open in Washington, DC, on Christmas Day? Any of the better
restaurants, or just a few places? Cafe Berlin? Cafe Mozart?
--
Nobody You Know

[email protected] 19-12-2003 04:03 PM

Oh, Guess > wrote:
> What's open in Washington, DC, on Christmas Day? Any of the better
> restaurants, or just a few places? Cafe Berlin? Cafe Mozart?

Some Chinese restaurants are bound to be open and other ethic
groups' restaurants that do not observe the Christmas holiday.

Charles Demas 19-12-2003 10:59 PM

Washington DC on Christmas Day

In article >,
Oh, Guess > wrote:
>What's open in Washington, DC, on Christmas Day? Any of the better
>restaurants, or just a few places? Cafe Berlin? Cafe Mozart?

All the restaurants at the big hotel should be open. Travelers
need to be fed.

Chuck Demas

--
Eat Healthy | _ _ | Nothing would be done at all,
Stay Fit | @ @ | If a man waited to do it so well,

dgs 07-01-2004 06:08 PM

wrote:

> Oh, Guess > wrote:
>
>>What's open in Washington, DC, on Christmas Day? Any of the better
>>restaurants, or just a few places? Cafe Berlin? Cafe Mozart?

> Some Chinese restaurants are bound to be open and other ethic
> groups' restaurants that do not observe the Christmas holiday.

As it turned out, we went to an ethnic place of a culture that
does observe the Xmas holiday, but stayed open and served up great
Germanic meals: Old Europe, on NW Wisconsin Ave in Georgetown.
We ate, drank, were merry, and drank some more. Talked to the owner
in German, and he came 'round later with a box full of Asbach Uralt
chocolates. Good time. Highly recommended.
--
dgs

andredax 22-12-2004 02:51 PM

http://ramw.org/

The home page has a link to restaurant holiday hours in the city.