George J Bateman

Default WARNING

Please Be Extremely Careful especially if using Internet mail such as

Yahoo, Hotmail and so on. This information arrived this morning from

Microsoft and Norton.

Please send it to everybody you know who accesses the Internet. You may

receive an apparently harmless email with a Power Point presentation "Life

is beautiful. pps". If you receive it DO NOT OPEN THE FILE UNDER ANY

CIRCUMSTANCES, and delete it immediately.

If you open this file, a message will appear on your screen saying: "It is

too late now, your life is no longer beautiful", subsequently you will LOSE

EVERYTHING IN YOUR PC and the person who sent it to you will gain access to

your name, e-mail and password.

This is a new virus which started to circulate on Saturday afternoon.

WE NEED TO DO EVERYTHING POSSIBLE TO STOP THIS VIRUS . AOL has already

confirmed the severity, and the antivirus Software's are not capable of

destroying it. The virus has been created by a hacker who calls himself

"life owner".

PLEASE MAKE A COPY OF THIS EMAIL TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS. PASS IT ON

dolo

Default Hoax warning - WARNING

"George J Bateman" > wrote in
:

Hoax
http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/life.htm

Please don't mail it to everyone you know.

Here is some information on how to spot email hoaxes:
http://urbanlegends.about.com/librar...htm?once=true&
http://www.claymania.com/hoaxes.html

If you want information about viruses, try an anti-virus company, I like
this one:
http://www.europe.f-secure.com/v-descs/_new.shtml

I have nothing to to with the company, not even a customer, but it's a good
reference page.

HTH.
d.

George J Bateman > wrote:
> Please Be Extremely Careful especially if using Internet mail such as

> Yahoo, Hotmail and so on. This information arrived this morning from

> Microsoft and Norton.

When will people learn that Microsoft Windows IS THE VIRUS.

Those who continue to use a corrupt operating system will eventually get
what's coming to them in my humble opinion.

Use Mac OS X if you want a reliable OS without the huge cost of
maintaining Microcrap WIndows.

George J Bateman

It is not the virus it is a mistake i made when i got an email that was a
hoax
Im new to this OK.

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> Do not read the previous message from Goerge Bateman. *It* is the
> virus.
>
> Too late? Oh well.
>
> -sw

So FAR.....OT!! Just a warning! Mr. Bill[_2_] General Cooking 105 17-11-2008 04:50 PM
OT - Warning Corey Richardson[_2_] General Cooking 46 26-08-2008 02:55 PM
******ZIPPY IMAGES WARNING! WARNING!*********** Wcsjohn Sourdough 5 18-10-2004 12:47 AM
WARNING Ewan Wine 0 09-12-2003 11:10 PM
WARNING George J Bateman Wine 6 23-11-2003 04:49 AM