FoodBanter.com

-   Restaurants (https://www.foodbanter.com/restaurants/)
-   -   I'm tired of food "worship" (https://www.foodbanter.com/restaurants/12562-re-im-tired-food.html)

mcdickenm 06-10-2003 02:44 PM

I'm tired of food "worship"

I think Italians are much more easy going! They enjoy their food. They
take time to prepare it and meal times appear to be a social event.
However the Americans are always in a rush and pick up snack food on
the RUN!

Nancy Young 06-10-2003 03:25 PM

I'm tired of food "worship"

mcdickenm wrote:

> I think Italians are much more easy going! They enjoy their food. They
> take time to prepare it and meal times appear to be a social event.
> However the Americans are always in a rush and pick up snack food on
> the RUN!

You have to watch out when you use absolutes like 'always' ...
because that makes you wrong. No, we're NOT always in a rush to
pick up (I think you meant to say fast food).

nancy

Michael Scarpitti 02-11-2003 01:19 AM

I'm tired of food "worship"

wrote in message . com>...
> > The Reid > wrote in message >. ..
> > > Following up to Tim Challenger

> > > It use to be a communist, didn't it? Now a moslem terrorist or
> > > worse French :-)

> > test

Yeah, I'm an Italian-American, and I and another guy wh is also
Italian-American get together and cook, and invite women over to eat
our feasts! It's great!

pltrgyst 02-11-2003 03:31 AM

I'm tired of food "worship"

On 1 Nov 2003 17:19:05 -0800, (Michael
Scarpitti) wrote:

>Yeah, I'm an Italian-American, and I and another guy wh is also
>Italian-American get together and cook, and invite women over to eat
>our feasts! It's great!

I suppose you scoop your pasta out of the pot with a wood racquet and
gut, right Mike?

-- Larry

Ben Shapiro 15-11-2003 08:28 PM

I'm tired of food "worship"

damn french. The only thing they're good for is salmon veronique.

dcuad 07-12-2003 10:22 PM

I'm tired of food "worship"

(Ben Shapiro) wrote in message . com>...

> damn french. The only thing they're good for is salmon veronique.

and adding butter and heavy cream to everything

____________________
Free 4-room Satellite TV System – No Equipment to buy
Includes Digital Video Recorder and HDTV receiver
http://www.vmcsatellite.com/?aid=62274

Bob Pastorio 08-12-2003 07:34 PM

I'm tired of food "worship"

dcuad wrote:

>>damn french. The only thing they're good for is salmon veronique.

> and adding butter and heavy cream to everything

I think of them as "Vitamin B" and "Vitamin HC."

Pastorio