FoodBanter.com

-   Restaurants (https://www.foodbanter.com/restaurants/)
-   -   PANDA EXPRESS TAKE-OUTS CAN TAKE YOUR HEALTH OUT (https://www.foodbanter.com/restaurants/122232-panda-express-take-outs.html)

Soy Sauce 27-04-2007 02:04 AM

PANDA EXPRESS TAKE-OUTS CAN TAKE YOUR HEALTH OUT

Panda Express claims it does not "add MSG". However, that's really a
claim carefully worded by lawyers (crooks!). In reality, the most of
Panda Express foods have already been "pre-made" before arriving the
store. At the stores they can technically claim "NO MSG Added". But at
the "factory" or "main kitchen", MSG could have been "added". Either that
or some ingredients Panda Express uses may already had MSG in it.

MSG is a poison that serves the purpose of "taste enhancement". So, if
the food is really good, why would any one wants to add this junk to the
food? In other words, it's a bit deceptive and dishonest of the
restaurant to add MSG to the foods they serve. To the restaurant owners,
it's cost saving: they don't have to use "expensive" ingredients" to make
the foods taste good. MSG would "make-up" for the bad foods by fooling
the diners' taste bug.

The second issue is freshness. Many chained and corporate restaurants
have their foods pre-cooked and pre-prepared at a centralized location.
The foods then get trucked to the local restaurants, where the "chefs"
would simply "re-heat" the food. To this extent, any moron could be a
"chef".

It's all about GREED (the restaurants would call it "cost saving" or
"being competative"). The consumers' health means nothing to them. They
use the cheapest ingredients and present their junk products in a nice
package in an alluring setting.

I've stopped eating out after finding out what kind of junks corporate
restaurants are trying to sell. Take Marie Callender's restaurants for
example. It's a known fact that they use MSG in most of their foods. On
top of that, every single pie they sell at the local restaurants has been
pre-baked at a central bakery. The pies we pick up at Marie Callender's
store have been stuffed with artificial ingredients and perservatives!

"Corporate foods" can kill you!

Shawn Hirn 27-04-2007 05:49 AM

PANDA EXPRESS TAKE-OUTS CAN TAKE YOUR HEALTH OUT

In article >,
Soy Sauce > wrote:

> Panda Express claims it does not "add MSG". However, that's really a
> claim carefully worded by lawyers (crooks!). In reality, the most of
> Panda Express foods have already been "pre-made" before arriving the
> store. At the stores they can technically claim "NO MSG Added". But at
> the "factory" or "main kitchen", MSG could have been "added". Either that
> or some ingredients Panda Express uses may already had MSG in it.
>
> MSG is a poison that serves the purpose of "taste enhancement".

Utter nonsense. MSG is no more of a poison than salt and pepper. You
sound like a disgruntled former employee. I have never had a problem
with Panda's food. Its not great Chinese, but its okay compared to other
food court options.

No Name 27-04-2007 07:43 AM

"Shawn Hirn" > wrote in message ...
> In article >,
> Soy Sauce > wrote:
>
> > Panda Express claims it does not "add MSG". However, that's really a
> > claim carefully worded by lawyers (crooks!). In reality, the most of
> > Panda Express foods have already been "pre-made" before arriving the
> > store. At the stores they can technically claim "NO MSG Added". But at
> > the "factory" or "main kitchen", MSG could have been "added". Either that
> > or some ingredients Panda Express uses may already had MSG in it.
> >
> > MSG is a poison that serves the purpose of "taste enhancement".

> Utter nonsense. MSG is no more of a poison than salt and pepper.

Now THAT is utter nonsense. Try telling e.g. a migraneur
that MSG is no more of a poison than salt and pepper! And
that's aside from the fact it usually contains residual mono-
and dichloro-propanol, both of which are highly carcinogenic
(even the FDA admits as much).

Read. And learn:
http://www.truthinlabeling.org/HowIsItManufactured.html

Don Klipstein 27-04-2007 01:57 PM

In article >, Soy Sauce wrote:
>Panda Express claims it does not "add MSG". However, that's really a
>claim carefully worded by lawyers (crooks!). In reality, the most of
>Panda Express foods have already been "pre-made" before arriving the
>store. At the stores they can technically claim "NO MSG Added". But at
>the "factory" or "main kitchen", MSG could have been "added". Either that
>or some ingredients Panda Express uses may already had MSG in it.
>
>MSG is a poison that serves the purpose of "taste enhancement".

Although MSG has known unpleasant effects, I would surely not call it
"poison".

MSG is a sodium salt of glutamic acid. Other than being somewhat less
acid, maybe a little alkaline, and having some sodium, it's essentiallylly
glutamic acid, one of the amino acids in many proteins.
It is one of the more prevalent amino acids in brewer's yeast. If you
have a problem with MSG, then you should not consume much brewer's yeast.

- Don Klipstein )

Clogged Arteries 27-04-2007 08:46 PM

On 27 Apr 2007 01:04:44 GMT, Soy Sauce > wrote:

>Panda Express claims it does not "add MSG".
>The pies we pick up at Marie Callender's
>store have been stuffed with artificial ingredients and perservatives!
>"Corporate foods" can kill you!

Instead of focusing on MSG, you should be thinking about FAT. Chinese food
is loaded with FAT. Pies are filled with Crisco. Or lard. Either one
will clog your heart arteries and you will die a terrible early death from
heart disease. Stop eating Chinese food and pies!

Shawn Hirn 28-04-2007 12:49 AM

PANDA EXPRESS TAKE-OUTS CAN TAKE YOUR HEALTH OUT

In article > ,
> wrote:

> "Shawn Hirn" > wrote in message
> > In article >,
> > Soy Sauce > wrote:
> >
> > > Panda Express claims it does not "add MSG". However, that's really a
> > > claim carefully worded by lawyers (crooks!). In reality, the most of
> > > Panda Express foods have already been "pre-made" before arriving the
> > > store. At the stores they can technically claim "NO MSG Added". But at
> > > the "factory" or "main kitchen", MSG could have been "added". Either that
> > > or some ingredients Panda Express uses may already had MSG in it.
> > >
> > > MSG is a poison that serves the purpose of "taste enhancement".

> > Utter nonsense. MSG is no more of a poison than salt and pepper.

> Now THAT is utter nonsense. Try telling e.g. a migraneur
> that MSG is no more of a poison than salt and pepper! And
> that's aside from the fact it usually contains residual mono-
> and dichloro-propanol, both of which are highly carcinogenic
> (even the FDA admits as much).

Geez. Just because some people have an allergy does not mean the
substances to which they are allergic are poison. Lots of people, for
example, are deathly allergic to peanuts, yet peanuts are certainly not
poisonous. I agree that that if MSG is used, it ought to be clearly
indicated because some people do react badly to it.

rick++ 28-04-2007 08:31 PM

PANDA EXPRESS TAKE-OUTS CAN TAKE YOUR HEALTH OUT

PAnda's items are freshly cooked, often less than ten minutes old.
Youc an see the fresh raw ingredients in large bins near the woks.

Most of there items contain lots of oil and sugar. Their most popular
dish called Orange Chicken (General Tsaos chicken in other
restuarants)
is sugar-coated fried chicken. I'd estimate a generous serving is
over 1000
kilocalories.

Bob Myers 30-04-2007 07:17 PM

PANDA EXPRESS TAKE-OUTS CAN TAKE YOUR HEALTH OUT

> wrote in message
t...

> Read. And learn:
> http://www.truthinlabeling.org/HowIsItManufactured.html

Wow, THERE'S a great, unbiased site for ya.....:-)

Bob "It MUST be true, I read it on the Web!" M.