FoodBanter.com

-   Restaurants (https://www.foodbanter.com/restaurants/)
-   -   promote table-turnover at a restaurant? (https://www.foodbanter.com/restaurants/120419-promote-table-turnover-restaurant.html)

[email protected] 04-04-2007 11:58 AM

promote table-turnover at a restaurant?

You own a restaurant.

It is _the_ most competitive industry. The garbage can of history
was enlarged many, many, MANY times to make room for all the people
who failed in this business.

When people are ordering food, you're making money. When they're
eating it, you are amortizing your revenue.

When they sit around afterwards, occupying a table, chitchatting - you
might be losing money, if ties up a table that another customer would
otherwise be revenuing at.

It is possible to engage in the Starbucks effect - raise the price of
the menu item to compensate. Unfortunately, some people have an
infinite capacity to sit on their ass and talk nonsense. There is a
school of thought that this is an entrance requirement for the
Academy of Being Female. I am not competent to judge that claim.

What can you do to gently run those cattle outta there after they've
fulfilled their evolutionary role of putting money in your cash
register - but still leave them eager to come back and do it again?

pltrgyst[_1_] 04-04-2007 03:53 PM

On 4 Apr 2007 03:58:01 -0700, wrote:

>You own a restaurant.
>.... There is a
>school of thought that this is an entrance requirement for the
>Academy of Being Female. I am not competent to judge that claim.
>
>What can you do to gently run those cattle outta there....

Sounds like you're in the wrong business.

Especially if they're sitting there drinking expensive after-dinner drinks or
finishing a bottle of good wine which they're not allowed to take home
(depending on where you live).

-- Larry

Golden California Girls 04-04-2007 03:57 PM

wrote:
> There is a
> school of thought that this is an entrance requirement for the
> Academy of Being Female.

Do you have a problem with controlling the cost of sexual harassment lawsuits at
your restaurant?

Why would you cross post this unless you have a psyc problem, namely being a troll?

Ah well

plonk

d.g.s. 05-04-2007 04:42 AM

promote table-turnover at a restaurant?

On 4/4/2007 3:58 AM jumped down, turned
around, and wrote:

> What can you do to gently run those cattle outta there after they've
> fulfilled their evolutionary role of putting money in your cash
> register - but still leave them eager to come back and do it again?

<http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home/article/102713/10-Things-Your-Restaurant-Will-Not-Tell-You>

Pay attention to the first item in particular.

I sincerely hope I never wind up in any restaurant owned or
managed by the likes of you. So far, so good.
--
dgs