Posted to rec.food.restaurants,sci.agriculture

Default beef & seafood: only meats which energize upscale restaurants?

any restaurants in North America which claim their fame on the quality
of their non-mass-channels-procured pork, or chicken, or lamb, or
whatever??

I am excluding places which brag on their cooking of an an ordinary
piece of pork/chicken/lamb which you could have easily found in any
upscale supermarket. Eg, the rib joints

Posted to rec.food.restaurants,sci.agriculture

On 31 Mar 2007 02:18:05 -0700, wrote:

>any restaurants in North America which claim their fame on the quality
>of their non-mass-channels-procured pork, or chicken, or lamb, or
>whatever??

Hundreds. Why, are there none on your planet?

-- Larry

Posted to rec.food.restaurants,sci.agriculture

> Why do you ask?

because i read of a a speech a while back by the President of the
National Cattleman's Beef Assocation, in which he stated that beef is
the most expensive meat because it has the best taste of any meat. He
followed that statement with, "did you ever hear anyone leaving a
restaurant saying, that was a great piece of chicken!"

it made me think - i've never seen a restaurant which claims to sole-
source chicken, or lamb.

i'd be quite interested to learn of any such specific places

Posted to rec.food.restaurants

On Sun, 01 Apr 2007 01:21:19 -0700, Golden California Girls
> wrote:

>All over on the left coast. But specialty chicken only exists on the left coast.

Wrong. See http://www.dartagnan.com/ as just one of the best known of several
east coast providers. Or start reading Jeffrey Steingarten's column in Vogue.

-- Larry

Posted to rec.food.restaurants

> Wrong. Seehttp://www.dartagnan.com/as just one of the best known of several
> east coast providers.

not a restaurant.

Posted to rec.food.restaurants

> All over on the left coast.

Love to hear of them. Name a few?

Posted to rec.food.restaurants

On 4/2/2007 12:24 AM fell asleep at the
keyboard, and awoke to find this:

>>Wrong. Seehttp://www.dartagnan.com/as just one of the best known of several
>>east coast providers.

> not a restaurant.

If you'd bothered to read the site a bit, you would have found
https://www.dartagnan.com/featuredchef.asp - it features a number of
chefs and restaurants who use these products.

Instead, you just want to believe some shill for the beef industry.
--
dgs

Posted to rec.food.restaurants

> If you'd bothered to read the site a bit, you would have foundhttps://www.dartagnan.com/featuredchef.asp- it features a number of
> chefs and restaurants who use these products.

the OP asked; is there any restaurant which ADVERTISES that it
uses these provisions? I can show you 500 restaurants that happen
to use Morton Salt; it doesn't mean that they see Morton salt as a
draw, as part of their claim to fame.

> Instead, you just want to believe some shill for the beef industry.

beef is not the best tasting meat. Reindeer is the best
tasting meat. i've not seen it for sale outside of Alaska.

I'm still looking for a chicken place which advertises that it uses
premium birds. Premium poultry does exist, of course.