Restaurants (rec.food.restaurants) Providing a location-independent forum for the discussion of restaurants and dining out in general, and for the collection of information about good dining spots in remote locations.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 30-03-2007, 02:31 AM posted to rec.food.restaurants
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4
Default What ever happened to "the customer is always right" ?

What ever happened to "the customer is always right" ?

Thursday (3/29/07) my woman friend and I had occasion to dine at
Las Brisas restaurant (Mexican Cuisine) on Cumberland Street in Dunn, NC.
After placing our order my friend went to the woman's room to wash her
hands. When she got back to our table she related to me that as she was
finishing up in the woman's room a woman emerged from one of the
stalls after flushing the toilet and was heading for the door to leave. My
friend recognized her as one of the restaurant workers and asked her
if she was going to wash her hands before leaving, to which the woman
replied she had. My friend responded that she had observed that she
in fact hadn't. The worker quickly left the restroom.

My friend asked me if I thought she should report this incident to the
restaurant manager. After we discussed it a bit more I was inclined to
agree that she should. Our food came and we ate, but as soon as my
friend observed the manager she waved him to our table. When he
arrived she began to related what had transpired in the woman's room.
No sooner than she did the man replied that the woman was
his wife and that she had informed him already what my friend had
said to her in the restroom. He went on to say that his wife was no lier
and she said she had washed her hands and that he believed her.
His voice and demeanor were defensive, in fact I found them offensive.
So I asked him if he was calling my friend a lier. He replied that he
believed his wife.

My friend is not the sort of person to go around making up false claims
about anyone. And she is a very clean person. And the thought of a
person who works around food who does not wash hands after relieving
themselves is troublesome to her, and myself as well. We were both very
offended by the attitude of the woman in question and her husbands.
We shall never dine there again, and would not recommend that restaurant or
attitude to anyone. If we could prove what had transpired it would be the
health department and not the internet that we would be relating this to. But
something should be done to ensure the safety of the public in this matter.
My friend had no earthly reason to invent this story. And I always thought
that the customers word stood for something. Any suggestions ?

Very Dissatisfied,

Paul
Dunn, NC


  #2 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 30-03-2007, 12:37 PM posted to rec.food.restaurants
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 752
Default What ever happened to "the customer is always right" ?

On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 01:31:29 GMT, "Paul J. Dudley"
wrote:

What ever happened to "the customer is always right" ?


An old wives tale...the customer can be vastly misinformed and that
doesn't make them right.

None of us own the restaurant...what do you want us to do....wring our
hands? Going behind the scenes probably would keep you from ever
eating out again.



  #3 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 30-03-2007, 04:33 PM posted to rec.food.restaurants
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 82
Default What ever happened to "the customer is always right" ?

Paul J. Dudley wrote:
What ever happened to "the customer is always right" ?


Rule #1 The Boss is always right.

Rule #2 When the Boss is wrong see Rule #1.

Rule #3 The customer exists only to be have money taken from it. Do only the
most minimal amount of effort to maximize the amount of money taken from the
customer. Anything else is a waste of company resources.

Rule #4 Anyone wasting company resources will be fired.


Did you need the rules of business explained again?
  #4 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 31-03-2007, 02:20 AM posted to rec.food.restaurants
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4
Default What ever happened to "the customer is always right" ?

On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 08:33:59 -0700, Golden California Girls wrote:

Paul J. Dudley wrote:
What ever happened to "the customer is always right" ?


Rule #1 The Boss is always right.

Rule #2 When the Boss is wrong see Rule #1.

Rule #3 The customer exists only to be have money taken from it. Do only the
most minimal amount of effort to maximize the amount of money taken from the
customer. Anything else is a waste of company resources.

Rule #4 Anyone wasting company resources will be fired.


Did you need the rules of business explained again?


No ... but maybe you can explain NC Health Dept rules when it states
that restaurant employees must wash their hands under such conditions.
It sounds more to me that you don't bother ...... to wash your own hands
that is... don't bother handing me BS... ( here or at the table ).
Wash your hands of it.

Paul
  #5 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 31-03-2007, 06:18 AM posted to rec.food.restaurants
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 82
Default What ever happened to "the customer is always right" ?

Paul J. Dudley wrote:
On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 08:33:59 -0700, Golden California Girls wrote:

Paul J. Dudley wrote:
What ever happened to "the customer is always right" ?

Rule #1 The Boss is always right.

Rule #2 When the Boss is wrong see Rule #1.

Rule #3 The customer exists only to be have money taken from it. Do only the
most minimal amount of effort to maximize the amount of money taken from the
customer. Anything else is a waste of company resources.

Rule #4 Anyone wasting company resources will be fired.


Did you need the rules of business explained again?


No ... but maybe you can explain NC Health Dept rules when it states
that restaurant employees must wash their hands under such conditions.
It sounds more to me that you don't bother ...... to wash your own hands
that is... don't bother handing me BS... ( here or at the table ).
Wash your hands of it.


What are you talking about? What's this crap about hand washing? I was only
commenting about the line I quoted.

But just to humor you I went back to read the rest of the post. Rule #4. Costs
the place $$ for soap, water and employee time. Until the health dept catches
them ... This is what capitalism is all about! The more corporate the place
the more likely it is true.






  #6 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 31-03-2007, 03:48 PM posted to rec.food.restaurants
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 752
Default What ever happened to "the customer is always right" ?

On Sat, 31 Mar 2007 01:20:49 GMT, "Paul J. Dudley"
wrote:

NC Health Dept rules when it states
that restaurant employees must wash their hands


That is posted in every restaurant in every state. Does that mean
it will happen? No.

Until the HAND WASHING POLICE is occupying each and every restroom in
the country.....it probably won't happen. You can have a nelly
spell all you want...but that isn't going to change human behaviour.




  #7 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 01-04-2007, 01:48 AM posted to rec.food.restaurants
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4
Default What ever happened to "the customer is always right" ?

On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 07:37:41 -0400, Ward Abbott wrote:

On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 01:31:29 GMT, "Paul J. Dudley"
wrote:

What ever happened to "the customer is always right" ?


An old wives tale...the customer can be vastly misinformed and that
doesn't make them right.

None of us own the restaurant...what do you want us to do....wring our
hands? Going behind the scenes probably would keep you from ever
eating out again.



When I posted my message I was real ****ed. If the post is read in it's entirety
one would notice a conflict between a customer and a worker (wife) and customer
vs manager. The attitudes of both mgr and worker sucked to speak mildly. The
worker no doubt got her story to the mgr real quick. Best defense=offense. Cover
your ass stuff. The mgr should have been more receptive, we did not attack him
or his wife worker. We did point out her attitude when she was confronted. The mgr
already had a shitty attitude when we called him to our table. This was what ****ed me
off most. Then of course my friends anger that the worker not only failed to clean her
hands but she blatantly lied to her, even though my friend fully observed her movements
from the time she left her stall until she was confronted. They had treated us like we
were in the wrong. And the only one who stood to gain anything by lying was the worker.
The "What ever happened to "the customer is always right" ? means a lot more than to
give in to us whether we are right or wrong. What about respecting customers - who
provide their income.

I've been in and around news groups a many year, starting with 'Notes' at DEC. And
it amazes me how people take it as a place to take pop shots. A place to crack their
profound wit and sarcasm - rather than to add something constructive or helpful. It
must be a lonely word out there for some people who have nothing better to do
than pick apart what others have to say. Isn't there a 'flame' group out the for people
to pull that kind of crap. Where everyone can pick the hell out of each other. That's
where that crap belongs.

Paul

  #8 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 01-04-2007, 03:12 PM posted to rec.food.restaurants
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 20
Default What ever happened to "the customer is always right" ?

On Mar 29, 9:31�pm, "Paul J. Dudley"
wrote:
*What ever happened to "the customer is always right" ?

*Thursday (3/29/07) my woman friend and I had occasion to dine at
Las Brisas restaurant *(Mexican Cuisine) on Cumberland Street in Dunn, NC.
After placing our order my friend went to the woman's room to wash her
hands. When she got back to our table she related to me that as she was
finishing up in the woman's room a woman emerged from one of the
stalls after flushing the toilet and was heading for the door to leave. My
friend recognized her as one of the restaurant workers and asked her
if she was going to wash her hands before leaving, to which the woman
replied she had. My friend responded that she had observed that she
in fact hadn't. The worker quickly left the restroom.

*My friend asked me if I thought she should report this incident to the
restaurant manager. After we discussed it a bit more I was inclined to
agree that she should. Our food came and we ate, but as soon as my
friend observed the manager she waved him to our table. When he
arrived she began to related what had transpired in the woman's room.
No sooner than she did *the man replied that the woman was
his wife and that she had informed him already what my friend had
said to her in the restroom. He went on to say that his wife was no lier
and she said she had washed her hands and that he believed her.
His voice and demeanor were defensive, in fact I found them offensive.
So I asked him if he was calling my friend a lier. He replied that he
believed his wife.

*My friend is not the sort of person to go around making up false claims
about anyone. And she is a very clean person. And the thought of a
person who works around food who does not wash hands after relieving
themselves is troublesome to her, and myself as well. We were both very
offended by the attitude of the woman in question and her *husbands.
We shall never dine there again, and would not recommend that restaurant or
attitude to anyone. If we could prove what had transpired it would be the
health department and not the internet that we would be relating this to. But
something should be done to ensure the safety of the public in this matter.
My friend had no earthly reason to invent this story. And I always thought
that the customers word stood for something. Any suggestions ?

Very Dissatisfied,

Paul
Dunn, NC


He's blinded by love I guess.

  #9 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 01-04-2007, 06:54 PM posted to rec.food.restaurants
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1
Default What ever happened to "the customer is always right" ?

Did the wife emerge from a Handicap stall?

Your sensitivity to the manager's defense appears accurate; Common in
family owned restaurants. Latin American also suggests protective of
their 'home.'

Nonetheless, no assumptions should not be made and the manager should
have left his bias in the kitchen. Hospitality inherently involves
caring for the public.

Shigellosis, a bacteria spread from not washing hands after the
bathroom alone, is killed via cooking past 141. Staph infections
however are roughly 2/3 of all food borne diseases. Why? The toxin-
producing bacteria is on the hands of 1/3rd of the "healthy"
population, in the noses of half the 'healthy" population.
Hypothetically, if she washed her hands, then itched her eye and
picked her nose once she got in the kitchen, and didn't wash her hands
or bother with gloves before creating your meal...ignorance is bliss.
Seeing is not always believing, but believing is seeing. {Please
reheat your leftovers past 165 at home, because you could potentially
make yourself sick).

I would file a complaint with the local health inspector, ask for
confidentiality. Hopefully, the pot will be stirred a bit; some
realizations will be made, and the effort will be made to take
responsibility for their actions. Food service workers need to uphold
public health laws.

I am not quite sure of the laws in NC, but I believe at least the one
manager in the building at all times should be certified by ServSafe
or a similar Food Safety Council approved education.

The boss needs to sacrifice their ego for genuine pride.

[Credentials: Restaurant Manager for two years, lifetime experience:
family owned restaurants, and two large corporations.]



On Mar 29, 6:31 pm, "Paul J. Dudley"
wrote:
What ever happened to "the customer is always right" ?

Thursday (3/29/07) my woman friend and I had occasion to dine at
Las Brisas restaurant (Mexican Cuisine) on Cumberland Street in Dunn, NC.
After placing our order my friend went to the woman's room to wash her
hands. When she got back to our table she related to me that as she was
finishing up in the woman's room a woman emerged from one of the
stalls after flushing the toilet and was heading for the door to leave. My
friend recognized her as one of the restaurant workers and asked her
if she was going to wash her hands before leaving, to which the woman
replied she had. My friend responded that she had observed that she
in fact hadn't. The worker quickly left the restroom.

My friend asked me if I thought she should report this incident to the
restaurant manager. After we discussed it a bit more I was inclined to
agree that she should. Our food came and we ate, but as soon as my
friend observed the manager she waved him to our table. When he
arrived she began to related what had transpired in the woman's room.
No sooner than she did the man replied that the woman was
his wife and that she had informed him already what my friend had
said to her in the restroom. He went on to say that his wife was no lier
and she said she had washed her hands and that he believed her.
His voice and demeanor were defensive, in fact I found them offensive.
So I asked him if he was calling my friend a lier. He replied that he
believed his wife.

My friend is not the sort of person to go around making up false claims
about anyone. And she is a very clean person. And the thought of a
person who works around food who does not wash hands after relieving
themselves is troublesome to her, and myself as well. We were both very
offended by the attitude of the woman in question and her husbands.
We shall never dine there again, and would not recommend that restaurant or
attitude to anyone. If we could prove what had transpired it would be the
health department and not the internet that we would be relating this to. But
something should be done to ensure the safety of the public in this matter.
My friend had no earthly reason to invent this story. And I always thought
that the customers word stood for something. Any suggestions ?

Very Dissatisfied,

Paul
Dunn, NC



  #10 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 04-04-2007, 08:57 PM posted to rec.food.restaurants
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1
Default What ever happened to "the customer is always right" ?

I am an exec in a high volume chain restaurant. I have had to defend
the actions of my staff in almost the same situation....our last stall
has a hand sink with soap and towels and the staff, along with myself
use it. Concurrently, we have been called on the carpet for walking out
of the stall and not washing our hands before returning to the
kitchen...it is a legitimate complaint.... and all you can really do is
apologize and talk to your staff...now we wash our hands in both sink...
We also wash our hands again in the kitchen before returning to a
station....

chef j

KymStarCry wrote:
Did the wife emerge from a Handicap stall?

Your sensitivity to the manager's defense appears accurate; Common in
family owned restaurants. Latin American also suggests protective of
their 'home.'

Nonetheless, no assumptions should not be made and the manager should
have left his bias in the kitchen. Hospitality inherently involves
caring for the public.

Shigellosis, a bacteria spread from not washing hands after the
bathroom alone, is killed via cooking past 141. Staph infections
however are roughly 2/3 of all food borne diseases. Why? The toxin-
producing bacteria is on the hands of 1/3rd of the "healthy"
population, in the noses of half the 'healthy" population.
Hypothetically, if she washed her hands, then itched her eye and
picked her nose once she got in the kitchen, and didn't wash her hands
or bother with gloves before creating your meal...ignorance is bliss.
Seeing is not always believing, but believing is seeing. {Please
reheat your leftovers past 165 at home, because you could potentially
make yourself sick).

I would file a complaint with the local health inspector, ask for
confidentiality. Hopefully, the pot will be stirred a bit; some
realizations will be made, and the effort will be made to take
responsibility for their actions. Food service workers need to uphold
public health laws.

I am not quite sure of the laws in NC, but I believe at least the one
manager in the building at all times should be certified by ServSafe
or a similar Food Safety Council approved education.

The boss needs to sacrifice their ego for genuine pride.

[Credentials: Restaurant Manager for two years, lifetime experience:
family owned restaurants, and two large corporations.]



On Mar 29, 6:31 pm, "Paul J. Dudley"
wrote:
What ever happened to "the customer is always right" ?

Thursday (3/29/07) my woman friend and I had occasion to dine at
Las Brisas restaurant (Mexican Cuisine) on Cumberland Street in Dunn, NC.
After placing our order my friend went to the woman's room to wash her
hands. When she got back to our table she related to me that as she was
finishing up in the woman's room a woman emerged from one of the
stalls after flushing the toilet and was heading for the door to leave. My
friend recognized her as one of the restaurant workers and asked her
if she was going to wash her hands before leaving, to which the woman
replied she had. My friend responded that she had observed that she
in fact hadn't. The worker quickly left the restroom.

My friend asked me if I thought she should report this incident to the
restaurant manager. After we discussed it a bit more I was inclined to
agree that she should. Our food came and we ate, but as soon as my
friend observed the manager she waved him to our table. When he
arrived she began to related what had transpired in the woman's room.
No sooner than she did the man replied that the woman was
his wife and that she had informed him already what my friend had
said to her in the restroom. He went on to say that his wife was no lier
and she said she had washed her hands and that he believed her.
His voice and demeanor were defensive, in fact I found them offensive.
So I asked him if he was calling my friend a lier. He replied that he
believed his wife.

My friend is not the sort of person to go around making up false claims
about anyone. And she is a very clean person. And the thought of a
person who works around food who does not wash hands after relieving
themselves is troublesome to her, and myself as well. We were both very
offended by the attitude of the woman in question and her husbands.
We shall never dine there again, and would not recommend that restaurant or
attitude to anyone. If we could prove what had transpired it would be the
health department and not the internet that we would be relating this to. But
something should be done to ensure the safety of the public in this matter.
My friend had no earthly reason to invent this story. And I always thought
that the customers word stood for something. Any suggestions ?

Very Dissatisfied,

Paul
Dunn, NC





  #11 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 06-04-2007, 08:34 PM posted to rec.food.restaurants
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1
Default What ever happened to "the customer is always right" ?

On Mar 30, 7:37 am, Ward Abbott wrote:
On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 01:31:29 GMT, "Paul J. Dudley"

wrote:
What ever happened to "the customer is always right" ?


An old wives tale...the customer can be vastly misinformed and that
doesn't make them right.

None of us own the restaurant...what do you want us to do....wring our
hands? Going behind the scenes probably would keep you from ever
eating out again.


Your comments are not appreciated and further action will be taken.
In the future, gather the facts before you post comments on the
internet that can be proven false.

  #13 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 07-04-2007, 04:44 AM posted to rec.food.restaurants
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 82
Default What ever happened to "the customer is always right" ?

wrote:
further action will be taken.


Oh this is going to be good.

  #14 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 13-05-2007, 07:13 PM posted to rec.food.restaurants,alt.usenet.legends.lester-mosley
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 87
Default What ever happened to "the customer is always right" ?


Paul J. Dudley wrote in message ...
What ever happened to "the customer is always right" ?

Thursday (3/29/07) my woman friend and I had occasion to dine at
Las Brisas restaurant (Mexican Cuisine) on Cumberland Street in Dunn, NC.
After placing our order my friend went to the woman's room to wash her
hands. When she got back to our table she related to me that as she was
finishing up in the woman's room a woman emerged from one of the
stalls after flushing the toilet and was heading for the door to leave. My
friend recognized her as one of the restaurant workers and asked her
if she was going to wash her hands before leaving, to which the woman
replied she had. My friend responded that she had observed that she
in fact hadn't. The worker quickly left the restroom.

My friend asked me if I thought she should report this incident to the
restaurant manager. After we discussed it a bit more I was inclined to
agree that she should. Our food came and we ate, but as soon as my
friend observed the manager she waved him to our table. When he
arrived she began to related what had transpired in the woman's room.
No sooner than she did the man replied that the woman was
his wife and that she had informed him already what my friend had
said to her in the restroom. He went on to say that his wife was no lier
and she said she had washed her hands and that he believed her.
His voice and demeanor were defensive, in fact I found them offensive.
So I asked him if he was calling my friend a lier. He replied that he
believed his wife.

My friend is not the sort of person to go around making up false claims
about anyone. And she is a very clean person. And the thought of a
person who works around food who does not wash hands after relieving
themselves is troublesome to her, and myself as well. We were both very
offended by the attitude of the woman in question and her husbands.
We shall never dine there again, and would not recommend that restaurant or
attitude to anyone. If we could prove what had transpired it would be the
health department and not the internet that we would be relating this to.

But
something should be done to ensure the safety of the public in this matter.
My friend had no earthly reason to invent this story. And I always thought
that the customers word stood for something. Any suggestions ?



My suggestion is that if you like your friend, go to the restaurant if you
liked it, but don't tell her.

If I worked in a kitchen, and came out of a public restroom and then had to
put my hands back in food, after having to touch the gross doorknobs and
other things that the customers had touched on the way to and fro, I would
wait til I got back to the kitchen and scrubbed then.

A thousand times more sanitary.

I also suspect this is a troll and an anti Mexican one too

thanks for playing

mk5000

"we made each movie with absolutely no eye to the next. I we had thought,
well we're going to make three or six or ten, then I don't think we would
have killed Marie,, because that's something you want to save"--Matt Damon

"we




Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Irrational Search for Micrograms (of Animal Parts) proves that"veganism" isn't about so-called "factory farms" at all Rudy Canoza[_8_] Vegan 0 19-08-2016 06:04 PM
"My Family Stopped Eating Sugar for a Year and This is What Happened" [email protected] General Cooking 8 13-04-2014 07:46 AM
So are you guilty of having (one or more of) "5 bad (restaurant)customer habits"? ChattyCathy General Cooking 67 30-05-2012 02:21 AM
puer, what happened to the "h"? Lewis Perin Tea 7 21-07-2009 04:48 PM
What ever happened to "Formosa Oolong"? lubarsky Tea 21 16-02-2007 04:05 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2020 FoodBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Food and drink"

 

Copyright © 2017