FoodBanter.com

-   Restaurants (https://www.foodbanter.com/restaurants/)
-   -   Journalist Looking For Restaurants That Have Beer Brewed Especially For Them (https://www.foodbanter.com/restaurants/115680-journalist-looking-restaurants-have.html)

Peter LaFrance 05-02-2007 06:44 PM

Journalist Looking For Restaurants That Have Beer Brewed Especially For Them

Greetings,

I publish a newsletter and a blog on Beer & Food
(http://www.beerbasics.com ).

Two restaurants that I know of, Circa, in High Bridge, NJ and Oleana in
Cambridge, MA have special beers brewed to fit their menu.

If there is a restaurant in your area that has a special beer brewed for it
I would appreciate hearing about it.

You can contact me at

Cheers!
Peter

pltrgyst[_1_] 05-02-2007 09:40 PM

Journalist Looking For Restaurants That Have Beer Brewed Especially For Them

On Mon, 5 Feb 2007 12:44:45 -0500, "Peter LaFrance"
> wrote:

>I publish a newsletter and a blog on Beer & Food
>(http://www.beerbasics.com ).
>
>Two restaurants that I know of, Circa, in High Bridge, NJ and Oleana in
>Cambridge, MA have special beers brewed to fit their menu.
>
>If there is a restaurant in your area that has a special beer brewed for it
>I would appreciate hearing about it.

In the Washington DC and northern Virginia area, almost every sizable restaurant
with a bar has a "special" beer brewed for it by Old Dominion Brewing.

-- Larry

Peter LaFrance 06-02-2007 04:29 PM

Journalist Looking For Restaurants That Have Beer Brewed Especially For Them

Thanks for the information.

Cheers!
Peter

JimL 06-02-2007 08:48 PM

Journalist Looking For Restaurants That Have Beer Brewed Especially For Them

On Feb 5, 11:44 am, "Peter LaFrance" >
wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I publish a newsletter and a blog on Beer & Food
> (http://www.beerbasics.com).
>
> Two restaurants that I know of, Circa, in High Bridge, NJ and Oleana in
> Cambridge, MA have special beers brewed to fit their menu.
>
> If there is a restaurant in your area that has a special beer brewed for it
> I would appreciate hearing about it.
>
> You can contact me at
>
> Cheers!
> Peter

Crescent City Brewhouse, in New Orleans

pltrgyst[_1_] 06-02-2007 10:41 PM

On 6 Feb 2007 11:48:45 -0800, "JimL" > wrote:

>> If there is a restaurant in your area that has a special beer brewed for it
>> I would appreciate hearing about it.

>Crescent City Brewhouse, in New Orleans

Duh. That would be true of just about every brewpub in the country, wouldn't it?

Crescent City does make sensational brats, though.

-- Larry

JimL 07-02-2007 03:34 AM

On Feb 6, 3:41 pm, pltrgyst > wrote:
> On 6 Feb 2007 11:48:45 -0800, "JimL" > wrote:
>
> >> If there is a restaurant in your area that has a special beer brewed for it
> >> I would appreciate hearing about it.

> >Crescent City Brewhouse, in New Orleans

> Duh. That would be true of just about every brewpub in the country, wouldn't it?
>
> Crescent City does make sensational brats, though.
>
> -- Larry

Well "Duh" to you. The orig poster did ask for places with their own
brand. Crescent City even makes their own on site, several kinds.

There was also a German restaurant in Chicago, on Adams St, that
closed after almost a century. Blanking on the name, but their own
"house" brand of beers, light and dark, are still available in
stores. Oh yes, Berghoff.

pltrgyst[_1_] 07-02-2007 07:26 AM

On 6 Feb 2007 18:34:05 -0800, "JimL" > wrote:

>Well "Duh" to you. The orig poster did ask for places with their own
>brand.

No, he did not. He asked for restaurants -- not brewpubs, not brewhouses -- that
have a beer custom made *for* them, not *by* them. This is why I did not mention
in my initial response several such places (e.g., Capital City Brewing) here in
the Washington DC area.

>Crescent City even makes their own on site, several kinds.

No kidding -- why do you think I mentioned how good their brats are?

-- Larry

Christopher C. Stacy 07-02-2007 07:35 AM

Journalist Looking For Restaurants That Have Beer Brewed Especially For Them

There are restaurants that brew beer especially for journalists?

pltrgyst[_1_] 07-02-2007 03:23 PM

Journalist Looking For Restaurants That Have Beer Brewed Especially For Them

On Wed, 07 Feb 2007 06:35:57 GMT, (Christopher C. Stacy)
wrote:

>There are restaurants that brew beer especially for journalists?

Sigh. Another jokester who flunked English in fourth grade. 8;)

<pedantic mode on>The antecedent of "them" is "that", which refers to
"restaurant," the immediately preceding noun.<pedantic mode off>

-- Larry

Christopher C. Stacy 06-03-2007 04:57 PM

pltrgyst > writes:

> On Wed, 07 Feb 2007 06:35:57 GMT, (Christopher C. Stacy)
> wrote:
>
>>There are restaurants that brew beer especially for journalists?

> Sigh. Another jokester who flunked English in fourth grade. 8;)

If you flunked English in fourth grade, how can you call yourself a "journalist"?