FoodBanter.com

-   Restaurants (https://www.foodbanter.com/restaurants/)
-   -   Tucson restaurant recommendations? (https://www.foodbanter.com/restaurants/114870-tucson-restaurant-recommendations.html)

Frank D. Greco 27-01-2007 12:04 AM

Tucson restaurant recommendations?

I'm headed to Tucson for about a week. Anyone have any good restaurant
recommendations? I already made my Cafe Poca Cosa reservation. :)

Any recommendations for good music bars/clubs would be appreciated too!

Frank G.

pltrgyst[_3_] 27-01-2007 04:33 AM

Tucson restaurant recommendations?

On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 19:04:56 -0500, Frank D. Greco
> wrote:

>I'm headed to Tucson for about a week. Anyone have any good restaurant
>recommendations?

We spent some time there shortly after the New Year, and our two best
meals were at Red Sky (wine flights, excellent fusion dishes, very
with-it place) and Bistro Zin (more conservative, but not stuffy;
excellent wine list, top-quality more traditional dishes).

Neither suffered much by comparison with Mark Miller's Coyote Cafe in
Santa Fe, where we ate the two evenings before driving to Tucson; both
highly recommended.

We found Poca Cosa pretty tame after Topolobampo.

-- Larry