FoodBanter.com

-   Restaurants (https://www.foodbanter.com/restaurants/)
-   -   Village Bistro restaurant, Charlotte, North Carolina, Ballantyne Area. Delany Drive, Delaney (https://www.foodbanter.com/restaurants/111892-village-bistro-restaurant-charlotte.html)

[email protected] 04-01-2007 12:41 AM

Village Bistro restaurant, Charlotte, North Carolina, Ballantyne Area. Delany Drive, Delaney

Good wine and drink selection. Good deserts.

Have eaten there 3 times. Last time contracted food poisoning and
restaurant denied that could have happened.

Funny that my friend and I ate the same thing-Lamb, and we both were
pretty sick that night and the next day.

Owners were called and they said they would reimburse us (ie: check
will be in the mail). Never received a check. We then wrote a letter
to them and still were not reimbursed. Shame that they do not stand
behind (pun intended) their product.

Patty

Ward Abbott 04-01-2007 01:01 AM

On 3 Jan 2007 16:41:14 -0800, wrote:

> Last time contracted food poisoning and
>restaurant denied that could have happened.

Anything is possible. What "type" of compensation were you expecting?
I would bet some employee didn't wash their hands after using the
customers restroom. Did you wash your hands....or come back to the
table and contaminate the entire dining party?

All employees must wash their hands....or at least "lick them off".

pltrgyst[_3_] 04-01-2007 04:12 AM

Village Bistro restaurant, Charlotte, North Carolina, Ballantyne Area. Delany Drive, Delaney

On 3 Jan 2007 16:41:14 -0800, wrote:

>... Shame that they do not stand
>behind (pun intended) their product.

Where's the pun?

-- Larry

[email protected] 04-01-2007 06:30 PM

Village Bistro restaurant, Charlotte, North Carolina, Ballantyne Area. Delany Drive, Delaney

The pun is the word "behind"--vomiting and diarrhea for about 8 hours
on and off. Totally exhausted the next day. Same feeling if you got
sick in Mexico.

Sure we washed hands we both used a sanitizer. I had an alcoholic drink
(1) with dinner and was a little less sick than my friend who had
water. We did not eat off of each others plates, etc.. We had the same
exact meal and side dishes.

The doc my friend called said it appeared to be food poisoning of sorts
and said to wait it out with over the counter stuff.

Restaurant said that you cannot get food poisoning within a few hours
and it takes over 24 hours or more to develop.....Not by my experience
and research.

As far as compensation, we just asked for the price of our meals back
plain and simple.

Oh well. You live, get sick and learn. Bad meat, bad preparation, poor
customer service.

Take care
Patty
__________

Christopher C. Stacy 04-01-2007 07:38 PM

getting sick

writes:
> Restaurant said that you cannot get food poisoning within a few hours
> and it takes over 24 hours or more to develop.....Not by my experience
> and research.

I've gotten sick (more than once) in less than an hour from eating bad food.

Christopher C. Stacy 04-01-2007 07:41 PM

getting sick

writes:
> Restaurant said that you cannot get food poisoning within a few hours
> and it takes over 24 hours or more to develop.....Not by my experience
> and research.

I've gotten sick (more than once) in less than an hour from eating bad food.

According to the NIH:

The symptoms from the most common types of food poisoning generally
start within 2 to 6 hours of eating the food responsible. That time
may be longer (even a number of days) or shorter, depending on the
toxin or organism responsible for the food poisoning. The possible
symptoms include:

* Nausea and vomiting
* Abdominal cramps
* Diarrhea (may be bloody)
* Fever and chills
* Weakness (may be serious and lead to respiratory arrest, as in the case of botulism)
* Headache

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/e...cle/001652.htm

Frank D. Greco 27-01-2007 12:07 AM

getting sick

(Christopher C. Stacy) sez:

writes:
>> Restaurant said that you cannot get food poisoning within a few hours
>> and it takes over 24 hours or more to develop.....Not by my experience
>> and research.

>I've gotten sick (more than once) in less than an hour from eating bad food.

I got sick about 45 min from eating bad shellfish at a Portuguese restaurant in
NJ. It was one of the worst times I've ever been sick.