Posted to rec.food.restaurants,rec.travel.asia,soc.culture.thai,alt.food.hamburger

Default In search of the Best Hamburgers in Thailand

This is an ongoing series that will take some time to complete so
please feel free to contribute your thoughts and pictures (hamburger
pictures only please). Currently I am concentrating on Pattaya but I
will be adding other locations very soon.

http://luckystiffasia.com/restaurant...s-pattaya.html

Thank you,

George

Posted to rec.food.restaurants,rec.travel.asia,soc.culture.thai,alt.food.hamburger

Khun George wrote :

"This is an ongoing series that will take some time to complete so please
feel free to contribute your thoughts and pictures (hamburger
pictures only please). Currently I am concentrating on Pattaya but I will be
adding other locations very soon."

I be honest wid ye, Georgie, I give up eatin' me hamburger here on account
of I seen too many kwai and wua lookin' like Kate Moss, but not all
succulent like a way she can look when she's all made up, them Thai cattles
look more like dried hunks of mummified leather that are ambulatory for
unknown reasons.

But Chiang Mai's cholesterol hounds will certainly vote for Mike's
Hamburgers on Chaiyaphum road, right at the corner where the Chiang Moi road
comes in that leads down to the main market, Talat Wararot. Chaiyaphum runs
along the eastern side of the old city's moat.

Mike is a handsome strappin' Americano with a little of the Mickey Spillane
tough-guy macho about him, but a very friendly guy once he's crushed your
hand in his vise-like handshake.

While I don't eat his hamburgers, I have mangeed piscine on his excellent
red snapper fish sandwich with its very generous portion of white tender
flesh many a time. And his onion rings are great. He also serves chili, but
I have not tasted it.

You can use this Google search to find out more about Mike :

~o:37;

Posted to rec.food.restaurants,rec.travel.asia,soc.culture.thai,alt.food.hamburger

Thank you very much orang37, that was a nice piece of information.

I know Chiengmai fairly well but haven't been in a few years, that is a
new Restaurant for me.

If you are a local expat, do you know Jim Goodman? Say hi for me if you
do, and tell him to check this new site, and get in touch.

Thank you again, George

Posted to rec.food.restaurants,rec.travel.asia,soc.culture.thai,alt.food.hamburger

"orang37" wrote ...
> Chiang Mai's cholesterol hounds will certainly vote for Mike's
> Hamburgers on Chaiyaphum road, right at the corner where the Chiang Moi
> road comes in that leads down to the main market, Talat Wararot.
> Chaiyaphum runs along the eastern side of the old city's moat.

> While I don't eat his hamburgers, I have mangeed piscine on his excellent
> red snapper fish sandwich with its very generous portion of white tender
> flesh many a time. And his onion rings are great. He also serves chili,
> but
> I have not tasted it.

The fish and onion rings will be devoured by my wife and I when we're up in
CM in January (en route to relatives in Lamphun--might not be long in town
next time, but already mouth's watering ;~)
Thank you!
-maxwell

Posted to rec.food.restaurants,rec.travel.asia,soc.culture.thai,alt.food.hamburger

wrote:
> This is an ongoing series that will take some time to complete so
> please feel free to contribute your thoughts and pictures (hamburger
> pictures only please). Currently I am concentrating on Pattaya but I
> will be adding other locations very soon.

Sorry, but I am not giving you my recipe.

Posted to rec.food.restaurants,rec.travel.asia,soc.culture.thai,alt.food.hamburger

orang37 เขียน:
:

> I be honest wid ye, Georgie, I give up eatin' me hamburger here on account
> of I seen too many kwai and wua lookin' like Kate Moss,
>
> ~o:37;

LOL Nothing in Thailand is quite what it seems to be, especially
hamburgers and sausages

Sandy
Huay Khwaang

Posted to rec.food.restaurants,rec.travel.asia,soc.culture.thai,alt.food.hamburger

Sandy Cruden wrote:
> orang37 เขียน:
> :
> >

> > I be honest wid ye, Georgie, I give up eatin' me hamburger here on account
> > of I seen too many kwai and wua lookin' like Kate Moss,
> >
> > ~o:37;

> LOL Nothing in Thailand is quite what it seems to be, especially
> hamburgers and sausages
>
> Sandy
> Huay Khwaang

But then who needs hamburgers - with all that seafood we have - besides
all those viands yaang?
Besides: a tasty Kai Yaang (Isarn style - Sanaam Muay) is still one of
my favourites!

Chabby

Posted to rec.food.restaurants,rec.travel.asia,soc.culture.thai,alt.food.hamburger

> wrote in message
> This is an ongoing series that will take some time to complete so
> please feel free to contribute your thoughts and pictures (hamburger
> pictures only please). Currently I am concentrating on Pattaya but I
> will be adding other locations very soon.

Im not sure abouit the best hamburger in Thailand but I do know who gives
the best bj in Thai;and - my wife Kanoknuan!!!!!!

:-)

Cheers,

--
Support mentally defective and severely stoned yaabaa addicted assholes who
post intimate details about their sex life on soc.culture.thai

&
http://www.yabaalovers.es/abelardo/k...~oral_pleasure

Thank Old Trolls and Support a Pervert. You are not forgotten!!!

> http://luckystiffasia.com/restaurant...s-pattaya.html
>
> Thank you,
>
> George

Posted to rec.food.restaurants,rec.travel.asia,soc.culture.thai,alt.food.hamburger

"Bua Lamphu" > wrote in message

> > wrote in message
>> This is an ongoing series that will take some time to complete so
>> please feel free to contribute your thoughts and pictures (hamburger
>> pictures only please). Currently I am concentrating on Pattaya but I
>> will be adding other locations very soon.

> Im not sure abouit the best hamburger in Thailand but I do know who gives
> the best bj in Thai;and - my wife Kanoknuan!!!!!!

**Agreed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-) :-) :-)

--
"I can spew everything I want in this forum and noone can do anything about
that." - Bua Lamphu

Posted to rec.food.restaurants,rec.travel.asia,soc.culture.thai,alt.food.hamburger

Yes I know it seems strange that I don't know Mike's but when I am in
Chiang Mai I tend to eat Kao Soi for almost every meal and then head
for the night market for dinner. I have actually walked past Mike's
many times and never really noticed it. Strange how the mind works.

First time I visited Chiang Mai was in 1978 and I have been up there a
couple of times average per year ever since but I am usually headed
somewhere further out in the country and driving a car, so don't spend
much time in Chiang Mai itself. I promise next time I will try Mike's.

George

http://travel.u.nu
> Detailed airport information: http://airport.u.nu

Posted to rec.food.restaurants,rec.travel.asia,soc.culture.thai,alt.food.hamburger

Mike's has only been around for a few years and the original owner sold
it to a British fellow a few years ago. The burgers are OK, but most
people seem to like the bacon cheeseburger at Chiang Mai Saloon on Loi
Kroh Road in Chiang Mai better.
In Bangkok, Big Mango at Nana Entertainment center probably has the
best burgers for the money in Bangkok.

wrote:
> > > Thank you very much orang37, that was a nice piece of information.
> > >
> > > I know Chiengmai fairly well but haven't been in a few years, that is a
> > > new Restaurant for me.

> > Really? Mike's has been around forever, it's a fixture of the expat
> > scene (at least the established American expat scene).
> >
> > I do appreciate that he is near-unique among people in his role in that
> > he hires for efficiency rather than for looks.
> >
> > miguel
> > --
> > Hit the road! Photos from around the world:
http://travel.u.nu
> > Detailed airport information: http://airport.u.nu

Posted to rec.food.restaurants,rec.travel.asia,soc.culture.thai,alt.food.hamburger

Hi George,

Is this George at the Geko Book store? Thanks for the input about the
Saloon. In Bangkok I think the best hamburger is available at the
Woodstock but I have not tried the new location off Tonglor yet.

Next time you see Jim Goodman please ask him to get in touch with
George Mann -