Posted to alt.coffee,nyc.food,rec.food.drink.coffee,rec.food.restaurants

Default Cafe Collage on Bleeker and Macdougal - New York City

On 26 Oct 2006 05:51:55 -0700, "fixedgear" >
wrote:

>Is great! I just stopped in for the first time today. I work in the
>neighborhood and have walked past for the last couple weeks it's been
>open and finally made it in today. So if any of you guys are in the
>village go check them out.

Yes - a winner - a distinctive touch - offering the customer any of a
number of the first rank

http://www.intelligentsiacoffee.com/

beans and then a choice of French Press brewers - a handy timer
magnet-ed to the top of the French Press (and one hardly needs being
told the right time to stop brewing is after four minutes).

Still amazed how few places there still are to get genuine coffee in
Manhattan despite that island's pre-emninence in so many other areas.

Worthy shops such as 9th St. Espresso and Joe the Art of Coffee should
only welcome the broadening of this market.

They just started offering a food menu, are open 7-7 M-F and
7-midnight SaSu -- with probable extension of the later hours to the
weekdays.

Exact location:

189 Bleecker Street - just west of the NW Corner of Macdougal Street