Recipes (alt.food.recipes) An alternative recipe newsgroup. For the posting and sharing of recipes.

Posted to alt.food.recipes
Duckie ®

Default Chinese Chews

Chinese Chews

Here is my cookie recipe contribution, although it is more of a bar
recipe.
This is a favorite that my mom made all the time as we were growing
up,
especially at Christmas. It just brings back so many fond memories. My
mom
is long gone, but when I make these, it brings me right back to when
we were
having tea and cookies together.

Ingredients:

3/4 c. all purpose flour
1 c. sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 c. chopped dates
3/4 c. walnuts
2 eggs
Confectioners' sugar

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Blend or sift together flour, sugar,
baking
powder and salt. Add dates and walnuts. Beat until light. Add eggs to
flour
mixture and combine well. Spread batter in a greased 9 inch square
pan. Bake
in a 350-degree oven for about 30 minutes. Cut into fingers while
still warm
and then roll in confectioners' sugar.

Submitted by: Joan of Toronto

~~

MySpace URL:

http://www.myspace.com/duckie067

Lemon Chews Julie Bove Diabetic 2 11-09-2006 07:42 PM
Was someone looking for a recipe for Chinese CHews? Wayne Boatwright General Cooking 1 08-12-2005 07:59 AM
chinese chews Chris Baking 8 13-09-2005 06:02 PM
Chinese Chews Bunny McElwee Recipes (moderated) 0 02-09-2004 01:43 PM
Chinese Chews (2) Collection Edoc Recipes (moderated) 0 08-06-2004 07:15 PM