Recipes (alt.food.recipes) An alternative recipe newsgroup. For the posting and sharing of recipes.

Duckie ®

Default Potato Chip Cookies

Potato Chip Cookies (Recipe 1 of 2)

These are so easy and delicious; always a cookie exchange party
favorite.

Ingredients:

1 c. of butter
1 c. of margarine (or a total of 2 cups of butter)
3 1/2 c. flour
1 c. sugar
1 T. vanilla
1 c. finely crushed potato chips

Directions:

Cream the butter and margarine together, add sugar, crushed potato
chips,
flour and vanilla. Mix well and drop on cookie sheet. Bake at 350
degrees
for 18-25 minutes, checking to make sure they don't get too brown.

Submitted by: Vicki Wright of Connersville, Indiana

Potato Chip Cookies (Recipe 2)

This recipe was something an older lady at a previous workplace used
bring in. I tasted it before I knew what it was, but liked it! I was
totally surprised it was made with potato chips, but after thinking
about it, it made sense. The recipe stands up to a lot of
alterations...
nuts, more sugar, cream of tartar, a BIT of chocolate. So go ahead and
experiment!

Ingredients:

1 c. sugar
1 c. shortening or butter
1 beaten egg
Pinch of salt
1 tsp. baking soda
2 c. flour
3/4 c. crushed potato chips (moderately fine)
3/4 c. nuts, crushed

Mix everything together and roll into balls. Flatten with fork dipped
in
flour. Bake at 350 degrees until brown.

Submitted by: Diana Johannes of Iowa

Pudding Chip Cookies fan123 Recipes 0 08-09-2010 11:38 AM
Chocolate Chip Cookies koko General Cooking 6 19-03-2010 06:56 AM
Chocolate Chip Cookies [email protected] Recipes (moderated) 0 15-05-2006 03:57 AM
Chocolate Chip Cookies eddie527 General Cooking 14 01-02-2006 02:07 AM
Chocolate chip cookies Duckie ® Recipes 0 04-07-2004 11:28 PM