Recipes (alt.food.recipes) An alternative recipe newsgroup. For the posting and sharing of recipes.

Tim

Default Potato Omelette Tortilla de patatas)

Potato Omelette Tortilla de patatas)

3 big potatoes

1/2 onion (optional, I don't like it, so I don't use it)

5 eggs

Vegetable oil

Salt

Peel the potatoes, wash them and cut them into thin and small slices.

In a pan with plentiful oil fry the potatoes at medium heat until

soft, but no golden. If you are going to use onion, fry it now the

1/2 onion sliced thinly until almost golden. Then in a bowl beat the

eggs with a pinch of salt, and add the fried potatoes and fried onion.

Mix well. In a pan with a bit of oil add the mix of eggs, potatoes

and onion and cook at medium heat until thicken. Then use a plate or

a cover, and turn the omelette (be careful, don't get burned!) and

replace it in the pan, until the other side is done. Serves 4, or 2

hungry ones.

You can eat it immediately or keep it in the fridge for a couple of

days, but always plenty of bread with. Delicious when in sandwich

made with French baguette, hot or cold. Some people like to use mayo

or tomato sauce on it, but I prefer the plain flavour. Buen provecho!

Potato Omelette camrodri Recipes 0 02-04-2009 10:07 PM
Tortilla Roll-ups or Mexican Pinwheels or Tortilla Pinwheels sandi General Cooking 12 20-01-2007 08:49 PM
Ellinikos Lemoni Patatas (Greek Lemon Potatoes) darlene loewen Recipes (moderated) 0 18-01-2007 02:31 AM
Spinach, Potato and Onion Tortilla Duckie ® Recipes 0 08-03-2005 07:44 PM